Canada Serving Canada.

Beware of Service from Krown (Lakeshore Mississauga)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware of Service from Krown (Lakeshore Mississauga)

My brother who is a member of the Toronto Subaru Club recently experienced extremely poor customer care from Krown on Lakeshore in Mississauga. He needed to change his windshield and was recommended to this location. I wanted to make sure that no G35 owners experience this level of grief.

I had scheduled an appointment to have my windshield changed at Krown at 8am on the morning of June 18th. Knowing this I had washed my car the evening before, just so that I knew exactly the areas that they touched on my car when they worked on it. So I knew my car was in prestine condition.

June 18th I show up for my appointment in the morning as scheduled and drop the car off to George to work on the windshield. When the work is completed and the car is brought back around up front, I do my customary to inspect the work and the condition of my car. I notice right away that there are scratches on the A-pillar on the drivers' side near the antennae mast. I bring this to both George and Igor's attention and they both immediately deny responsiblility for the damage.

George's only defense is that the damage was either there previously or that someone tried to break into my car recently. Upon closer inspection, I see a paint chip sitting on my sidemarker light that is the same size as the chip off the A-pillar. I bring this to both Igor and George's attention, and go on to tell them that the paint chip would not still be sitting on the sidemarker from driving from my house in Scarborough to their shop in Mississauga and that it would have been blown off on the highway. Even after this, Igor and George still deny responsibility for the damage.

Finally Igor tells me that he will make it his top priority and deal with this and try to resolve the situation. He tells me that he will call me the following Monday with the bodyshop info that will make the repairs on my car. At this point, Igor also photographs the damage so that he can get the quote from the body shop. At this point, I leave Krown feeling a little better, thinking they they will make good on their word. What a big F**King Mistake.

I had also informed Igor that I would like to get the car fixed the week of June 27 as I would be on Vacation and it would inconvenience me the least.

Monday passes and no phone call, I end up having to chase Igor for the number and contact of the bodyshop that he wants me to get the car fixed at by the Friday of that week. He tells me to go to the bodyshop the following week and talk to Tony and when I get the estimate to call George at Krown and it will be taken care of.

I drive back from Waterloo and drive to the body shop which is located in Port Credit on Monday June 27th. When I get to the body shop and talk to the Tony, he is totally unaware of the situation and would not be able to get my car in this week. In additon to that, the estimate for the repairs comes out to $231.00. Tony also stated that if Igor notified him earlier about the situation, he would have been able to get my car in for the repairs this week. Once the estimate was made, Tony called George at Krown with the total and George says that he could not do anything as Igor was currently on
Vacation and will be back the following week, you could image my reaction to that response "WTF???"

I immediately call back George at Krown that afternoon and tell him that the sitaution is unacceptable and that I demand a resolution. He goes on to say that he will order the touch up paint to my car and attempt to make the repairs himself. WTF kind of resolution is that? $15 bottle of touch up paint, when the estimate to the repairs from the bodyshop that they sent me to was $231!!!! And this is supposed to make me happy? BTW, at this point, George still denys any responsibility for the damage and tries to make it sound like he is doing me a favour.

George also goes on to tell me that they have changed numerous windshields without incident, and while that's great it does not do jack sh*t for me. My car was the one that was damaged in their possession in their shop. I couldn't care less about how many cars they successfully fixed.

The true character about a business, comes in how well they deal with situations when the customer's car is damaged in their possession. NOT, how many satisfied customer's they have. Not any of us wants to be "the one" that has to deal with all this BS.

If their idea of "Top-Priority" was giving me the run-around then they've definitely achieved that.

In a nutshell, I bring my car in for service at Krown, get it damaged in their possession, they deny responsibility, get an estimate for $231 from a body shop they recommended, Igor and George at Krown do nothing, George from Krown tries to make me happy with a $15 bottle of touch-up paint from the dealer. TOTAL BULLSH*T!!!

They've basically lost not only me as a future customer, but all the future customers that I would have recommended to them as well.

After this experience, I would not even let these JackA$$'s wash my car!!!!

If after, you have read my ordeal and decide to still bring your car there to get any kind of service done. I totally recommend you wash your car before you go for your appointment and do a walk around with Igor/George, and also ask them to let you watch them work on your car and tell them that if there is any damage to to car after the service that they are fully responsible for it, if they do not agree to that then I would definitely suggest that you hightail it out of there and take your business elsewhere.

'Cause I guarantee that if you don't they will say the ever famous phrase "Wasn't the damage there before?"

All of this could have been resolved with a little honesty. If they had told me outright from the beginning that the damage was done as a result of changing the windshield, instead of trying to convince me that they know my car better than I do, then all would have been forgotten.

This whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I know that this was a lengthy post, but if I can save someone else in the club from going through what I went through then I've done my job.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:23 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Man what a horrible experience. TNX for the heads-up on that Krown shop.
If it were me, I'd get the repair done somewhere I know and trust and then send them the bill.
If they give you any static, go talk to the BBB.
C.

Old 06-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Sorry to hear about your personal nightmare.
How did you pay? Stop payment. If it was an insurance calin then call your insurance and tell them your are not happy and then not to pay. Ins. co. always happy not to pay for any reason.
They may call Krownhole and tell them off. Or threaten them in some way.
Credit cards have a dispute resolution system they use within 90 days ( I think)
If you paid cash ............. sol.
Sam

Old 07-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Winner of Worst Service Provider 2016

Worst Krown Shop Ever. I got my rust proofing from this place 2 yrs. Last year, they placed their advertisement sticker on my car without consent. The worst thing about it is that the sticker is not like the oil change sticker that comes off easily. I attempted to take it off, and it is a permanent type sticker. I had to use an xacto knife and still the parts of the sticker and adhesive residue are left on the window. I called the store to address my concern. The guy who picked up the phone claimed he was the owner named Bobby. He blamed me by saying that I should have let him know that I did not want their sticker on my car. How the heck would I know when I bring my car in for rust proofing that a jerk business owner would place an advertisement sticker without mentioning it. Bobby said I am over reacting bc his shop placed thousands of stickers on customers’ cars and I am the only one complaining. Any shop owner who is completely selfish and disregard the wishes of the customer cannot be trusted with a service job. Now I wonder if the rust proof coating was even done correctly. And the stupid jerks placed the sticker crooked instead of straight. These guys are class A turds and most unprofessional service provider in Mississauga bar none.

Attached Thumbnails Beware of Service from Krown (Lakeshore Mississauga)-img_20170630_111752.jpg   Beware of Service from Krown (Lakeshore Mississauga)-krownjerks.jpg