G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Canada (https://g35driver.com/forums/canada-36/)
-   -   Zaino?? (https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/47824-zaino.html)

Msedanman 03-18-2005 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by RBull
See my post above Colin. I doubt I will have mine quite that shiny ever. :o I did clean her up this afternoon though and she was looking mighty fine. :)
I'll bet you're having fun detailing your new baby. That's when it's the most fun- when they are new! ;)

Yes I even got inspired enough to get a Porter Cable orbital polisher that I'd been promising myself for too long.
Balzz put me onto it, along with a couple extra buffing wheels, I'm loaded for bear. ;)
I've been reading much of the time and not playing much. but I'll get to it now that we've got a decent spell of weather. I never did get my snows put on since my bro's Solara is still here. :o . Nine days and still only about 300 clicks on her, and 200 of that was to Mississauga and back to get the clear bra installed. :p

Enjoy the G now that she's out of storage. It's going to be one fine summer. :D
C.

Msedanman 03-18-2005 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Balzz
I got a tracking # when it shipped, but as usual with Canadapost, you never get any useful information until AFTER it's arrived. LOL!

Because of some projects at work, I had access to employee discounts at a major supplier and the deal at carcaresmart actually turned out to be cheaper. Wonder how they're making any money at all.

Balzz, Thanks for the info. The email I got explained everything, but i hear you on Canada Post tracking.....always late and never much good. :p
I figure mine won't go out 'til Monday so it won't arrive 'til about Thursday/Friday.
I'm actually looking forward to Zainoing this time. ;)

Let me know how the P/C works for you.

Colin

smilepro 03-18-2005 08:13 PM

Maybe I am missing something on this post.......what product kit are you guys talking about from that website? Buffing kit?

RBull 03-18-2005 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by gsedanman
Yes I even got inspired enough to get a Porter Cable orbital polisher that I'd been promising myself for too long.
Balzz put me onto it, along with a couple extra buffing wheels, I'm loaded for bear. ;)
I've been reading much of the time and not playing much. but I'll get to it now that we've got a decent spell of weather. I never did get my snows put on since my bro's Solara is still here. :o . Nine days and still only about 300 clicks on her, and 200 of that was to Mississauga and back to get the clear bra installed. :p

Enjoy the G now that she's out of storage. It's going to be one fine summer. :D
C.

Yeah, I was reading that. You guys are serious about your cleaning;and I thought I was. My neighbours think I am Mr. Fanatical ( and so does my wife) :p I bought a cheap polisher many years ago and didn't end up using it that much. I'm sure the real deal would make a difference though. ;)

The "M" clicks will go on as the weather improves I'm sure. Same with the G.
BTW, our gas is now 95.9 reg and 102.9 premium at the self serves. :eek:

Speaking of bears... I got one high beam changed tonight. :) Will do the driver side tomorrow. Left the tire on... I had no problems removing enough screws, plugs to pull the liner back but had trouble removing the light figuring the hold down squeeze mechanism. :o That part was not in the DIY. ( It was also a darn small spot to fit your hand into and fish around. Overall the DIY instructions were a help but with no pics it was harder than expected. :(

Running Bull

RBull 03-18-2005 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by smilepro
Maybe I am missing something on this post.......what product kit are you guys talking about from that website? Buffing kit?

Ted,
I think they're talking about the Porter Cable orbital buffer.
Deane

Balzz 03-18-2005 08:41 PM

The Porter Cable comes in a sander configuration out of the box so we got the kit that includes the velcro backing plate, and a set of different pads for cutting, polishing, and finishing.

Balzz 03-18-2005 08:42 PM

Let me know how the P/C works for you.

Colin

Will do. I'll be posting pics ASAP!!! :D:D:D

Msedanman 03-19-2005 03:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Hey Ted, The Porter Cable tool we bought is called a 'random orbit sander/polisher'. see pics.
Check out their website for details and pricing.
Right now the model 7336 polisher is on sale with free shipping and is reckoned to be one of the best polishers.

EDIT. Yes sorry Ted, I missed that too. Here's a pic of the 'kit' you need for the polisher including a backing plate, buffer, cutter, etc. :)

RBull 03-19-2005 07:26 AM

Smilepro,
Sorry about that. After reading the reply from Balzz I realize what you were asking.

Deane

Garnet Canuck 03-19-2005 05:25 PM

So from my understanding, all the Zaino ZFX does is accelerate the drying time, correct? If I am correct, it seems like a lot of money just for speeding up the drying time. :confused:

Msedanman 03-19-2005 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by canuck
So from my understanding, all the Zaino ZFX does is accelerate the drying time, correct? If I am correct, it seems like a lot of money just for speeding up the drying time. :confused:

It is expensive, Shane, but I've found ZFX very handy in the event that conditons were not optimum for waxing.
If it's cold and damp such as in the winter, spring, and fall, the applied wax won't dry properly making it very hard to remove when polishing. The ZFX gives it the ability to dry and be removed easily.
If you always wax in warm, dry conditions, then you don't need ZFX. :)

InTgr8r 03-19-2005 08:49 PM

It is expensive, Shane, but I've found ZFX very handy in the event that conditons were not optimum for waxing.
If it's cold and damp such as in the winter, spring, and fall, the applied wax won't dry properly making it very hard to remove when polishing. The ZFX gives it the ability to dry and be removed easily.
If you always wax in warm, dry conditions, then you don't need ZFX. :)

If I can add to Colins reply above....
With the ZFX I can do three coats of Zaino in one day.
My spring routine is:
1. first coat Z-2
2. clean & buff
3. then Z-6 gloss enhancer (adds to deep look)
4. second coat Z-2
5. clean & buff
6. then Z-6 gloss enhancer
7. third coat Z-2
8. clean & buff
9. then finish with Z-6 gloss enhancer

yah, yah I know..... you can say what you're thinking :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

smilepro 03-19-2005 11:18 PM

Boy you guys must have alot of confidence in yourselves to use a polisher like that on your rides. Maybe I am paranoid because my car is black! I have a light compound recommended for black ( I believe it is called Farecla G10, anyone hear of it?) Anyhow, not absolutely sure it is necessary...my car shows some slight spider webbing under direct light. I am thinking that a couple coats of Z5 would take car of this though. Any thoughts guys? What makes these polishers that you guys ordered so special? Time to check out their website!

Garnet Canuck 03-20-2005 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by inTgr8r
If I can add to Colins reply above....
With the ZFX I can do three coats of Zaino in one day.
My spring routine is:
1. first coat Z-2
2. clean & buff
3. then Z-6 gloss enhancer (adds to deep look)
4. second coat Z-2
5. clean & buff
6. then Z-6 gloss enhancer
7. third coat Z-2
8. clean & buff
9. then finish with Z-6 gloss enhancer

yah, yah I know..... you can say what you're thinking :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah, I am thinking that you wax your car as much as I do!! :D

Thanks for your help Ian. I am going to order first thing on Monday I think....I want to make sure I have it ready for the spring.

Balzz 03-20-2005 08:44 AM

Boy you guys must have alot of confidence in yourselves to use a polisher like that on your rides. Maybe I am paranoid because my car is black! I have a light compound recommended for black ( I believe it is called Farecla G10, anyone hear of it?)

The nice thing about the PC is that even with someone with 2 left hands like me (I'm right handed) can't screw up too much. I've got black too and it's all the more reason I need it to get rid of the swirls that the dealership caused right off the bat. I'll be using Meguiar's #80 for light cutting (Speed Glaze).