G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Canada (https://g35driver.com/forums/canada-36/)
-   -   Zaino?? (https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/47824-zaino.html)

Garnet Canuck 03-18-2005 07:20 AM

Zaino??

I have noticed that alot of members use Zaino products on their G. What is everyone's experience with Zaino.....does everyone swear by it? I enjoy putting a good coat of wax on my G and want to make sure that I am using the best wax. Also, what stores carry Zaino, I don't remember seeing it in any stores.

InTgr8r 03-18-2005 08:33 AM

JMO, from my personal exerience.....

I'm one of the OFs here, as a result I have used many products over the years.
Without doubt Zaino is the best I have ever used.

There are other products that will give the same shine,
but nothing i've seen lasts as long.
I Zainoed in October & the shine has lasted & protected all winter.

You can order product HERE
It's not available through normal retail outlets

RBull 03-18-2005 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by canuck
I have noticed that alot of members use Zaino products on their G. What is everyone's experience with Zaino.....does everyone swear by it? I enjoy putting a good coat of wax on my G and want to make sure that I am using the best wax. Also, what stores carry Zaino, I don't remember seeing it in any stores.

Canuck, I saw Zaino at Canadian Tire on Main Street in Dartmouth about a month ago. I went back two days ago and there was none. It was the only store I had ever seen it at. I wasn't planning on buying it then so didn't bother asking if they had any more.

Garnet Canuck 03-18-2005 10:39 AM

Thanks Ian, what Zaino products have you used and recommend? It looks to me like I should get Z-1 and Z-2.

Deane, I'll have to check my local CT to see if they have it by any chance.

Balzz 03-18-2005 10:42 AM

Wax-wise, I'm a big fan of P21S/S100...only downside is that it only lasts 8 weeks max.

InTgr8r 03-18-2005 11:21 AM

Thanks Ian, what Zaino products have you used and recommend? It looks to me like I should get Z-1 and Z-2. .....

Shane, I use the following
Z-2 with ZFX accelerator instead of Z-1 (the Z-1 takes too long to dry)

Z-6 gloss enhancer; this one of their best products, I love it.
it restores that just polished, slick surface. Good for a quick cleanup.

Z-16 tire gloss is good, it's more of a satin look. Also lasts
longer than others & doesn't throw off onto the paint when driving.

You don't really need the mixing bottles, but they do make measuring easier.

Garnet Canuck 03-18-2005 12:02 PM

Thanks again Ian. I think I will place an order for it today. Everybody speaks highly of Zaino so I thought I would give it a try. I have been using McGuires and it's okay, however I am really looking for that nice wet look on my black sedan.

This photo off of Zaino's website is the kind of wet look that I am talking about.
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/photos/paulG35.htm

Deane, I think you'll like this pic! :D

Msedanman 03-18-2005 02:58 PM

Thanks again Ian. I think I will place an order for it today. Everybody speaks highly of Zaino so I thought I would give it a try. I have been using McGuires and it's okay, however I am really looking for that nice wet look on my black sedan.

This photo off of Zaino's website is the kind of wet look that I am talking about.

Hey Shane, Yes that is one spiffy red G. Deane will have his looking as gorgeous b4 long.

I had a post ready this morning early for you and went to check on another thread and wouldn't you know it, I lost it! GRRRRR. :mad:

So I'll attempt to repeat:
I've used Zaino for 2 to 3 yrs now and like it a lot. Altho it's not as easy to apply and more time consuming due to multiple steps, it is effective in giving that glassy shine.
I've used 'Show car Polish' (Z-2) with great results, and using their quick detailer {gloss enhancer} (Z-6) for in between wash jobs.
With your Obsidian, you may want to try Z-5 for swirls and fine scratches which show more on dark colours.
I use their leather cleaner (Z-9) and conditioner (Z-10) with equally good results. (it smells great too for an added bonus). :)

They also have a flash cure product (ZFX) for cooler than normal conditions. That works very well too.

Lots of the guys over the years have used their clay bar (Z-18) to prep dirty paint with good results. I've not used that, but understand that it will remove contaminants on new paint to give it a better base for wax to do its job.

My favourite product by far is their Z-6 detailer which they say can be used on moderately dirty surfaces to render a great shine again without scratching.
Between that, my California Brush, and my garage :p , I can get away with washing only on very dirty days.

Zaino gets a definite thumbs up from me, altho it takes more work than other one step processes, it is worth the effort (and cost) for a decent, long lasting shine. What would make the job mush easier is a Porter Cable orbital buffer. (available at some CTC and Home Depot stores).

Check out the website Ian posted. There are links and emails in there for availability of their product, applications, dealer locates etc.
If you don't find any close to home, and you can wait 'til June, I can bring some with me on my trek east n/p. :D

Colin

Balzz 03-18-2005 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by gsedanman
What would make the job mush easier is a Porter Cable orbital buffer. (available at some CTC and Home Depot stores).
n

I just received my 7336 today. Can't wait for the weather to clear up. :D

Msedanman 03-18-2005 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Balzz
I just received my 7336 today. Can't wait for the weather to clear up. :D

Balzz, did you get it thru H/Depot, or order it from the manufacturer?
What kit came with it and what was the cost if you don't mind sharing.
I still haven't got one, but I think I'll step up soon.
TNX bro
Colin

Balzz 03-18-2005 03:39 PM

Balzz, did you get it thru H/Depot, or order it from the manufacturer?
What kit came with it and what was the cost if you don't mind sharing.
I still haven't got one, but I think I'll step up soon.
TNX bro
Colin

Best price I got was from carcaresmart.com. They're running a special right now - 198.5 CAD w/ shipping!!! It comes from BC so I avoided PST. Ordered on Monday and it arrived today. I picked up the 6" backing plate kit that included a cutting, polishing, and finishing pad. Got an extra polishing pad as well. Total came up to 257.35. :cool:

Msedanman 03-18-2005 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Balzz
Best price I got was from carcaresmart.com. They're running a special right now - 198.5 CAD w/ shipping!!! It comes from BC so I avoided PST. Ordered on Monday and it arrived today. I picked up the 6" backing plate kit that included a cutting, polishing, and finishing pad. Got an extra polishing pad as well. Total came up to 257.35. :cool:

Sounds good. I checked around here for local suppliers and found none, so I ordered one too, from carcaresmart.com. Same as you and same price.
Did you track it to your home, or just guess at its delivery? I didn't see any tracking info.

Colin

Balzz 03-18-2005 04:31 PM

Sounds good. I checked around here for local suppliers and found none, so I ordered one too, from carcaresmart.com. Same as you and same price.
Did you track it to your home, or just guess at its delivery? I didn't see any tracking info.

Colin

I got a tracking # when it shipped, but as usual with Canadapost, you never get any useful information until AFTER it's arrived. LOL!

Because of some projects at work, I had access to employee discounts at a major supplier and the deal at carcaresmart actually turned out to be cheaper. Wonder how they're making any money at all.

RBull 03-18-2005 05:52 PM

Shane
Haha Yes I like that one. I was nearly blinded when the page popped up at first. I don't think I can ever get mine that shiny. I've got a Permashine treatment with a 5 year guarantee. It needs a $50 refresh each year though and I'm going to take it in about a month from now for that. It does not allow any waxing at all though so even if I wanted (and I do) there's nothing I can do to improve the appearance. :(

RBull 03-18-2005 06:03 PM

Hey Shane, Yes that is one spiffy red G. Deane will have his looking as gorgeous b4 long.
See my post above Colin. I doubt I will have mine quite that shiny ever. :o I did clean her up this afternoon though and she was looking mighty fine. :)
I'll bet you're having fun detailing your new baby. That's when it's the most fun- when they are new! ;)