Old 03-27-2005 | 02:31 PM
Yummy 4-pot Brembos I wish I had.

Old 03-27-2005 | 02:46 PM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Balzz
Yummy 4-pot Brembos I wish I had.

They work beautifully too however there is an incredible amount of brake dust. I clean the wheels after every second drive of more than 10k.

Your '05 has a bit more juice though, a little better shifter and improved interior.

Old 03-27-2005 | 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
They work beautifully too however there is an incredible amount of brake dust. I clean the wheels after every second drive of more than 10k.

Your '05 has a bit more juice though, a little better shifter and improved interior.
I'm used to a ton of brake dust, so I would've gladly taken them. My first memories of drooling over a car when I was a little kid was over a set of Porsche calipers so brake calipers have always been a soft spot for me.

I'll be putting on a set of Hawk HP+ pads as soon as they start producing it for the '05 so brake feel should be great...but those large monoblock Brembos arouse me.

Damn life and compromising...I want my cake damnit!

Old 03-27-2005 | 04:04 PM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Balzz
I'm used to a ton of brake dust, so I would've gladly taken them. My first memories of drooling over a car when I was a little kid was over a set of Porsche calipers so brake calipers have always been a soft spot for me.

I'll be putting on a set of Hawk HP+ pads as soon as they start producing it for the '05 so brake feel should be great...but those large monoblock Brembos arouse me.

Damn life and compromising...I want my cake damnit!

That explains it then. I must say I have had a lot of people comment how nice they look and ask if they are aftermarket. They're surprised when they hear it's original equipment. They match the corner lights and I think look real nice against the red.
I'm going Hawk pads after these get worn down. The Brembo brake feel is by far the best I've ever felt before. It inspires a lot of confidence and a light touch.

I just noticed the cop car in one of your pics. Was he following you around after a few antics?

Old 03-27-2005 | 05:38 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Great lookin' ride Deane. You guys have quite a shine on them already.
I hear you on the brake dust. I cleaned mine every other time out too.
I'm waiting to see how dusty the M brakes are. Only 300 clicks so far, but no sign of any dust yet.
I see the G/C in the driveway. That Maroon/Merlot colour is nice too.

You have as much residual snow as we do here in Cambridge. It's melting quickly tho.
C.

Old 03-27-2005 | 09:40 PM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by gsedanman
Great lookin' ride Deane. You guys have quite a shine on them already.
I hear you on the brake dust. I cleaned mine every other time out too.
I'm waiting to see how dusty the M brakes are. Only 300 clicks so far, but no sign of any dust yet.
I see the G/C in the driveway. That Maroon/Merlot colour is nice too.

You have as much residual snow as we do here in Cambridge. It's melting quickly tho.
C.
Thanks Colin. Pictures never seem to do do justice to the cars anyhow. She looks real "purrrtie". I'm getting it professionaly polished in another month or so an re applied with the Permashine so that should perk her up some more for another year.

Yeah I love the maroon on the jeep with the taupe leather interior. I washed it a few weeks ago and haven't driven it much so it still looks good. the jeep got moved outside when the G came home. My wife gets the other stable inside.
i'll be suprised if we still have snow this time next week.

Old 03-30-2005 | 08:01 AM
Traveling Administrator
Hey guys, Here's a few pics of the G.

She just came out from storage a week ago and feels mighty fine. Balzz inspired me yesterday so I cleaned her up and went out for few pics in front of the house. The sun wasn't wasn't right but what the hey. The swirl marks will be gone soon after she gets a true detailing.

GSM, you were talking about all our snow. This gives you an idea of what's left. next week the forescast is for real warm and lots of rain so I expect much of it to disappear.

I just notied your pics Deane....very nice!! I have always been huge fan of red....looks great on the coupe. If I picked up an 05 sedan, I would definitley be getting the garnett fire red.

I plan on posting some pics of my sedan when I get back from Mexico. I still have to take the winter wheels off and give her a good polishing with the Zaino I just got!!

Old 03-30-2005 | 08:26 PM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by canuck
I just notied your pics Deane....very nice!! I have always been huge fan of red....looks great on the coupe. If I picked up an 05 sedan, I would definitley be getting the garnett fire red.

I plan on posting some pics of my sedan when I get back from Mexico. I still have to take the winter wheels off and give her a good polishing with the Zaino I just got!!

Thanks Shane. I just got a few road chips and a bad scratch on the top of the rear quarter fixed at Chips Away. They did nice work and it was only $125.
We'll look forward to seeing your pics. Yours is black right? That's a beautiful look on these cars too especially when they are just detailed. As I said mine will be fully detailed in another month or so after paint cures and I'll post some good pics with a nice backdrop.

Deane

Old 03-31-2005 | 07:19 AM
Traveling Administrator
Thanks Shane. I just got a few road chips and a bad scratch on the top of the rear quarter fixed at Chips Away. They did nice work and it was only $125.
We'll look forward to seeing your pics. Yours is black right? That's a beautiful look on these cars too especially when they are just detailed. As I said mine will be fully detailed in another month or so after paint cures and I'll post some good pics with a nice backdrop.

Deane

Yep, mine is black....which is why I got the Zaino Z5 for swirls and scratches. I want to see if I can eliminate ALL of all the swirls. I think I remember Wayne saying that he put 3 coats of Z5 on his G.

I am just looking so forward to getting my summer wheels back on giving my baby an all day cleaning/polishing! It has been warming up here, but still not quite warm enough to give her a coat of wax.

Old 03-31-2005 | 07:23 AM
Traveling Administrator
Yep, mine is black....which is why I got the Zaino Z5 for swirls and scratches. I want to see if I can eliminate ALL of all the swirls. I think I remember Wayne saying that he put 3 coats of Z5 on his G.

I am just looking so forward to getting my summer wheels back on giving my baby an all day cleaning/polishing! It has been warming up here, but still not quite warm enough to give her a coat of wax.

Meant to say Ian above, not Wayne.

Old 03-31-2005 | 08:19 AM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Meant to say Ian above, not Wayne.
I agree that it's still not warm out. The wind chill here right now is -10. The winds are crazy all day yesterday, last night and still continuing. We're still having constant gusts over 80k. Halifax the last few years seems like like a wind tunnel zone.

I just pull the cars into the garage (which is heated), turn on the blaster and get the wax out.

Old 03-31-2005 | 08:20 AM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni

Might I suggest a bottle of wine and a warm fire one evening. You may get the results you're looking for.

Sorry, Shane, I couldn't resist. No offence intended.

Old 03-31-2005 | 08:28 AM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Might I suggest a bottle of wine and a warm fire one evening. You may get the results you're looking for.

Sorry, Shane, I couldn't resist. No offence intended.

Haha haha

After re reading his post I see it now. That's good.

He probably doesn't need any more encouragement around now though.

Old 03-31-2005 | 08:35 AM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Haha haha

After re reading his post I see it now. That's good.

He probably doesn't need any more encouragement around now though.

LOL, I bet if we asked Shane how many hours, minutes or even seconds to go, he'll be all over it.

Sorry to hear of the wind tunnel effect you've got there now. At least you can find sollace in knowing out G's are quite aerodynamic.
Everything else might suffer the wind's ravages, but the G will fare well.

Summer's stability and calm is just around the corner bro. Hang in there.

C.

Old 03-31-2005 | 08:42 AM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
LOL, I bet if we asked Shane how many hours, minutes or even seconds to go, he'll be all over it.

Sorry to hear of the wind tunnel effect you've got there now. At least you can find sollace in knowing out G's are quite aerodynamic.
Everything else might suffer the wind's ravages, but the G will fare well.

Summer's stability and calm is just around the corner bro. Hang in there.

C.
Yup. I'll bet he's got a timer set now for the countdown.

Yes I drove the G back from the shop yesterday in the big wind and it held the road beautifully. The only thing I didn't like was the crap off the road that was basically sand blasting my car as I drove. it made me cringe and I haven't gone out to look at it even yet.

We've had a few good days but we're overdue for some temp improvements though. I'm hoping to get some warmer stuff to acclimate for Boston. Right now I've been doing some indoor running on my mill however.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Happy Easter G Friends