Canada Serving Canada.

Rain, Rain...and more Rain!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You guys are right on with comments on our east coast weather. This is breaking all records for cold temps and the amount of rain. I know in Bridgewater they had the total May and June amounts on Sat & Sunday two days. Major league flooding.
Oh well it's got to get better than this.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
East Coast

Oh man, I just saw another clip on the news about the excessive rains and flooding on the east coast . I sincerely hope it ends soon for all you guys, and I hope you and your families are getting through it okay. My thoughts are with you guys.
Wayne

Old 05-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Oh man, I just saw another clip on the news about the excessive rains and flooding on the east coast . I sincerely hope it ends soon for all you guys, and I hope you and your families are getting through it okay. My thoughts are with you guys.
Wayne
Thanks Wayne, it's still raining quite hard. Calling for heavy rains both today and tomorrow...and long range is showers up until next Wednesday.
No matter who you talk to, everyone is saying how fed up they are with this ridiculous weather.

From what I understand, it's alot worse down closer to where Deane is. I heard this morning that places like Lunenburg have gotten over 200mm of rain since last week. Thats just insane!

Old 05-26-2005, 02:07 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Man oh man, that flooding and excessive rainfall is way behond funny any more guys........I heard on the news that certain parts of the east were declared a disaster area due to flooding.

Sorry to hear it's pretty bad out there. I hope it improves for you all soon.

C.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by Gsedanman
Man oh man, that flooding and excessive rainfall is way behond funny any more guys........I heard on the news that certain parts of the east were declared a disaster area due to flooding.

Sorry to hear it's pretty bad out there. I hope it improves for you all soon.

C.
Yes they are calling some areas disaster zones and emergency services is having to take over. I have never seen so much rain in my life. It has been raining nearly every day for about 6 weeks and many many days with 2-4 inches. We also have continuous winds. Right now it's gusting to 80k and that seems to be almost a normal thing here for months now. I cannot remember when I last saw the sun. It's nasty and is a major conversation piece for everyone. Record rainfalls by significant amounts.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:18 AM
Traveling Administrator
Not exactly the conversation piece that we want eh Deane? Hopefully everything is fine with you and that you haven't had any flooding problems. Nothing worse than a flooded basement eh.

This crap has got to end sometime soon, so I guess we'll have to keep our chins up until then.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:54 AM
Traveling Administrator
I was just thinking Deane, can you imagine the record snowfalls we would of had this month if the temps were below freezing!! Scary thought!

Old 05-27-2005, 09:27 AM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by canuck
I was just thinking Deane, can you imagine the record snowfalls we would of had this month if the temps were below freezing!! Scary thought!
Wouldn't that be aweful. You'd be blanketed under meters of snow.
Not much consolation tho is it?
Keep thinking summer guys.....It'll happen, hopefully soon.
C.

Last edited by Msedanman; 05-28-2005 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
today was light rain and drizzle...boy was it beautiful! best day we've had in weeks

it really sucks because i'm buying a parts car for my other favorite car, my 1966 lincoln continental. the parts car has been sitting in a field on blocks for years, so now it is sitting on the ground on its rotors. so i have to take my lincoln's wheels off and somehow get them on the other car, so it can be dragged onto a flatbed. of course, it will be raining the whole time

the things we do for cars, i guess.

jeremy

Old 05-28-2005, 09:51 PM
O.F. Administrator
Nice ride Jeremy. Good luck with the rebuild. Would be a lot easier if it stopped raining tho. Does the '66 still have the suicide doors? I can't remember.
C.

Old 05-29-2005, 12:00 AM
yup, suicide doors ran from 61-69.

its been a long rebuild, going on 4 years now. not exactly a lot of them around, in fact i had only seen one other in the maritimes up until last weekend, when i found the guy that owns the one i'm buying for parts. turns out he also has a very nice 63 4 door sedan and a mint 61 4 door convert. weird how these things happen, i had almost given up hope mine would ever be finished, but this one seems to have a lot of the parts i need.

hopefully the rain will let up.

jeremy

Old 05-29-2005, 01:55 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by jeremyg35
yup, suicide doors ran from 61-69.

its been a long rebuild, going on 4 years now. not exactly a lot of them around, in fact i had only seen one other in the maritimes up until last weekend, when i found the guy that owns the one i'm buying for parts. turns out he also has a very nice 63 4 door sedan and a mint 61 4 door convert. weird how these things happen, i had almost given up hope mine would ever be finished, but this one seems to have a lot of the parts i need.

hopefully the rain will let up.

jeremy
I'd like to see the b4 and after of the one you're working on and the one you found for parts.
I love pics of old cars even tho they're not fixed up. Very nostalgic, and brings back memories. Don't be shy about posting them.

Good luck with the weather letting up. All your projects must be getting well behind due to the rain.

C.

Old 05-29-2005, 02:16 PM
i actually made a website a while back about the build, then things got sidetracked so it hasn't been updated in a year or so:
http://www.geocities.com/pimpinlincoln66/

the rain didn't let up, but it turned out to be easier than i expected. i don't have any pics of the parts car yet, but should be getting some later on this week.

my main focus right now is swapping the motor in my jeep so i can use it for a winter beater next year, but i'm tinkering with the lincoln off and on. hopefully with this new parts car i can finally finish it up in the next year or so.

jeremy

Old 05-29-2005, 04:20 PM
O.F. Administrator
Cool site bro. That's a long involved job you've got there. Kudos.
Love the engine: 462 cu. in. -- a monster for a 5000lbs+ ride.

C.

Old 06-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by canuck
Yep, so true. I'm in Colorado for the past four days and another five. Weather has been lows of about 45 and highs in upper 70's bright and sunny with a couple of quick thunderstorms. What a change.

deane

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rain, Rain...and more Rain!!!