Canada Serving Canada.

Help Me Out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Me Out?

Hi all:
I'm a Maxima owner at present, in the negociation process with the Infiniti dealer for an '05 sedan. Not having a lot of luck with any kind of deal. I'm in Nova Scotia and there is only 1 dealer this side of Quebec. A monopoly like this makes them feel they don't have to deal at all. Wonder how many cars they haven't sold because of this attitude? Just wondering if deakers in Quebec or Ontario are more willing to deal? Anyone in these provinces get much af anything off MSRP? Also, how complicated is it to buy a car there and bring to N.S. as far as paperwork etc. If anyone has any hints or comments, feel welcome to make them>

Old 06-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by baker
Hi all:
I'm a Maxima owner at present, in the negociation process with the Infiniti dealer for an '05 sedan. Not having a lot of luck with any kind of deal. I'm in Nova Scotia and there is only 1 dealer this side of Quebec. A monopoly like this makes them feel they don't have to deal at all. Wonder how many cars they haven't sold because of this attitude? Just wondering if deakers in Quebec or Ontario are more willing to deal? Anyone in these provinces get much af anything off MSRP? Also, how complicated is it to buy a car there and bring to N.S. as far as paperwork etc. If anyone has any hints or comments, feel welcome to make them>
Baker, I know in Ontario you should be able to get $2000 off MSRP or better on the purchase of an 05 sedan, especially this time of year.

Old 06-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by baker
Hi all:
Hi Baker, I'm also a Nova Scotian who bought locally. It's a tough call whether to buy out of province. If I was not able to get a price I thought was fair at home you should try somewhere in NS or in Ontario. Go to Infiniti.ca and you can locate dealers and their inventories. Give them a call and ask the questions you need answered about buying from them. You probably will find the out province dealers more willing to deal. However if the local dealer knows you're serious about buying out of province they may be willing to negotiate a little more.
Good luck.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got mine in Ottawa exactly one year ago for $1,500 over invoice. I checked all over Québec and Ontario (I even checked the dealership in NovaScotia that you're talking about), this is the best I could get. Making the trip to Ontario could be really worth it, check it out.

Good luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.