Canada Serving Canada.

Experience at Alta Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Experience at Alta Infiniti

So I ordered my CB G35 sedan this past april and have been waiting in giddy anticipation ever since. Pauline has been very helpful but her inability to get me an order number or read a status report has cause me headaches. Not to mention telling me my car has been here for a week before telling me that was the wrong car and mine is still on the rail. Doh! Fortunately Matthew Tam was around to clear up some issues and give me the order number. It was too bad when he told me replacing the pedals with the drilled aluminum ones would void the warranty. Luckily Jerry from Yorkville was around and called last week to tell me he was going to put a set on hold for me when my car finally arrives.

The reason why I chose Alta was because of the rave reviews from this forum, but so far I am a little disappointed. Forking over 50 large I was hoping for better service. I want to be a satisfied customer with such a beautiful car but it makes me wonder if they really want my business. Is there anything I can do but take my car for service somewhere else?

nlvr

Old 06-21-2003, 01:04 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Experience at Alta Infiniti

I don't think anywhere is perfect. There's always some screw-ups somewhere.
I would think Alta wants your business enough to listen to your complaints and concerns.
Something I don't understand was their statement that the warranty would be voided by the new pedals. What's that all about??????????
Go have a chat dude. I think you'll find they're receptive. IF not, go see Yorkville......
Congrats on your new ride....Enjoy.
[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 06-21-2003, 11:15 PM

what ??? voiding the warranty by a pedal app.

thats the stupidist thing I have ever heard..

thats almost as bad as saying stickers will void the warranty too !!

hold geesus..

who told you man?

what the ?

Old 06-23-2003, 12:13 PM

Okay there HAS to be some misunderstanding here!
I KNOW that pedals will not void the warranty.
They are OEM parts and will fit nicely. We do sell them!
There has got to be some sort of confusion. I am sorry but I will have to say that those words DID NOT come from me. Are you sure it wasn't someone else who told you that and may have confused it with my words? We do want your business and will do whatever we can do in our power to keep you happy. If there is anything that I/we can do for you, please don't hesitate to call myself.

Regards,
Matthew Tam
Alta Infiniti

Old 06-23-2003, 10:26 PM

ooh la la a palindrome - cool!

Thanks for clarifying Matt. It's unfortunate that I couldn't understand the words coming out of your mouth or else I would have ordered them from you when I asked. But no harm done - I'm getting those pedals! And you're right gsm, no place is perfect - we all make mistakes. But in any business mistakes can be costly - customer service is key. To Pauline and Matt's credit they apologized when they realized their mistake. Is that sufficient? What happens next time if they overlook something else? Do I want to take that chance?

The thing is the misinformation is killing me - besides having the financing arranged for last friday, meaning I am paying interest on something I don't have yet, I'm also over my kms on my current lease! I could have planned things better if I wasn't told my car was already here! Show me some love (or at least a little respect). I'll call you Matt and I'll let you guys know how things work out. Thanks.

I hope I get my car soon!

nlvr

Old 08-22-2003, 01:20 AM

I HAVE BAUGHT A G35 COUPE FORM ALTA TOO...AND I WAS NOT TREATED THAT WELL..I FORGET THE WOMENS NAME SHES INDIAN HAS A CORNER CUBICAL. I BAUGHT THE CAR CAUSE I KNOW ITS ILL AND I WANT IT SO TOOK IT. G 35 COUPE DESERT PLATINUM,WILLOW EVERYTHING BUT NAVI.

Old 08-22-2003, 03:38 PM

the sales people seem pretty good but the service dept. is something else, unbelievable. Dont get me started but the last time i was there to change the center console because they SCRATCHED it themselves, they forgot to put the cup holder back, i called the same day b*tching about it and she said oh come back and i'll have a look, i told her i cant drive 30km back and forth each time u guys screw up something (this being the 3rd time) i told them to mail it to me and its been 4 weeks and nothing yet.
wait till i go there on day soon

03 G35 coupe SS (GD) 6spd everything but navi, borla exhaust
02 QX4 pearl white
00 528 Silver on black

Old 08-23-2003, 09:21 AM

Massey what was it that Julie (our saleslady)do to mistreat you? I would really like to know. Alta Infiniti takes situations like these very seriously. We have the highest CSI as well as volumn in the country, and are determined to stay that way. If you could please contact me/us to let me/us know what it was she did to mistreat you, that would be greatly appreciated. I hope there is something that we can do to make things better!

TABZ! I will talk to our service about that cup holder.

Regards,
Matthew Tam
Alta Infiniti

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Mattam on 08/23/03 06:25 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-23-2003, 05:29 PM

Matt,
talk to rochelle, i've been there 9 times for only 3 service appointments and my car is only 5 months old. I'm sure she knows who i am. The last time i came in was to fix a clicking noise under the car and to replace the centre console and the climate control display (that service dept sratched). when they replaced the center console they forgot to replace the piece just below the shifter (the felt piece beside the cup holder).
btw i have left a message for Edward and waiting for him to call me back.
Also, i spoke to K&N USA and they said return the drop in air filter that i purchased from you cuz i dyno'd my car and lost 5hp and 4lbs of tq. with the filter.

03 G35 coupe SS (GD) 6spd everything but navi, borla exhaust
02 QX4 pearl white
00 528 Silver on black

Old 08-26-2003, 03:52 AM

ALTA INFINITI SUCKS!!!

They are always nice to me, ppl are always making me Espresso and the owner Eddie Wong always complains when I go in with my car dirty. Not only does the staff treat me like this, but they had the nerve to save me thousands on my Ivory Pearl beauty and deliver it to me on the date they promised. WTF is this world coming to?

Oh BTW Mattam's car is slow.

Old 08-26-2003, 06:32 PM

Haha!! There will always be complainers, but Alta is not bad at all compared to the other stories and personal experience I suffered at Agincourt and Willowdale. Alta is still the place to be and shop at.

I wanna see Matthew's ride rip a 6MT G35 coupe!! LOL

It's still a G thang!!

Old 08-26-2003, 11:31 PM

I've never seen any comments regarding Woodchester Infinity out in Mississauga. I've done two oil changes there and received no car wash each time. Loaners have to reserved about a week in advance. Service was OK but nothing special. Any comments?

Old 09-06-2003, 01:45 AM

yea i do have to take back what i said. alta is a really great wuth there customers and treat them with the up most of respect.. all the sales people there are great especialy Juile, thx for everything you have done to make us happy. and sorry bout the pervious complant ED. Wong...ull see me agian soon though be back for a nex G or Z soon.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Question

So I was pretty happy with the service and staff from my first service at Alta today, until I noticed a lot of scratches on my bumper which were not there before. I did point them out to service manager, Rachel, before driving away. She mentioned they look like "drag marks from someone taking things out of trunk"? I only brought home this g37x last week and I am not the kind to let anyone drag anything out of my baby's trunk! I have also been taking a lot of pics since I bought this car and there were definitely no scratches on back bumper before I dropped off the car with Alta. Leather on the front passenger side door looked scuffy too.
Did anyone else experience something like this before? I am considering calling her up to discuss this...

Old 05-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
You can't revive an 11 year old thread and not keep us posted on progress!

(I think that's a record, btw)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Experience at Alta Infiniti