Canada Serving Canada.

How much to pay for remote starter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2005 | 09:39 AM
i'll call him today and bounce the idea off of him.

Old 09-12-2005 | 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by G35 Toronto
i'll call him today and bounce the idea off of him.
Any news?

Old 09-12-2005 | 05:28 PM
Mine was over $900 CDN installed as well and that was 2 years ago. Is it for a manual or automatic car? If it is for 6M like mine it's going to cost more for the remote start feature because of all of the extra hookups for the key and neutral and park brake wires.

I absolutely love this alarm and would recommend it to anyone. The only part they couldn't get working was the automatic window rollup while arming. The shop that did mine didn't know too much about our cars at the time so maybe that's why they couldn't figure it out.

Good luck with the install.

Old 09-05-2006 | 05:09 PM
I'm gonna bring this back to life because I am looking for a remote start installed before winter gets here

So i called jeff at lockdownsecurity and he quoted me $299 installed (1WAM-S) for remote starter only and $599 installed for full alarm/remote start (2W900FM-AS)

Personally, I am not too worry about having my car stolen. I am most interested in remote start for the winter months. Let me know what you guys think. Maybe we can start a GB?

Old 09-05-2006 | 05:24 PM
Thumbs up

I paid 215 for the clifford alarm with the remote start.!! With instlation it was like 340.Thats only because i am good friends with the store manager and the installer at the local sound advise.!! Plus the installer put the remote start on my 6-speed.!! I never knew how convienent the remote start was untill i actually used it.!!

Old 09-14-2006 | 10:32 PM
if some one is quoting you 299.00 installed on a g35 for a starter they have never done the car before,a 1way remote start should be around 450.00 installed,and the 2way alarm start should be around 750.00 installed.
YES I AM AN INSTALLER,THAT OWNS HIS OWN SHOP,17 YEARS EXPERIENCE,AND MY RESUME INCLUDES,DENON,KICKER,ALPINE,PIONEER,AND PHOENIX GOLD DEMO VEHICLES.so please dont tell me i am out to lunch,these cars suck to work on and i know daily as my shop does nissan dealer work everyday,and yes the wiring is very simmilar for remote starts. our bcm is a bit different but most wiring is the same,first off you will lose a key,(yes i know that there are data modules available,but when they fail no start with key)second,you have to run wires into the drivers door(again modules , when they fail they blow stuff up real good,again,no start)if you have any questions please callme at work
780-477-7699 and ask for jeff,i own a g35 coupe and have worked on many and have access to a nissan consult,so spend the money and get it done right.
ALSO CRAP OFF EBAY IS JUST THAT CRAP,A LOT OF THAT STUFF IS GREY MARKET,NO WARRANTY OR STOLEN OR WORSE ,REFURBS,WATER DAMAGED OR OLD SERVICE UNITS.

Old 09-15-2006 | 12:35 PM
Yep, I'm afraid Jeff is right on this one. When I had my 2-way remote start installed on my 6MT coupe there were lots of problems. They could not get the windows to work at all even after they ran wires to the doors, they blew my passenger side air bag when they were probing wires for the emergency brake wire (that's a story in itself, almost knocked the installer out from the air bag explosion right next to his head) and my wiring harness looks like a rat got in there and ripped it apart. Make sure that the shop you have doing the install has worked on these cars before otherwise you are just a guinea pig like I was. I realize that when I had my alarm installed that there weren't many shops that had worked on these cars because they were new to the market but there should be more now that the car has been out there for 4 years now.

Anyway, good luck with the install.

Old 09-15-2006 | 07:52 PM
sammy,i feel for you,i have seen and heard of horror stories like that before and i still see people in 50k cars and trucks going to the lowest bidder all of the time,i refuse to match price if i know the other installer in not experienced or it is some fly-by-night shop.thats why i love doing nissan dealer work,great cars to work on and they are really helpful in letting us play with the new models.remember all
you get what you pay for.

jeff

Old 09-16-2006 | 05:06 AM
As you can tell from my sig, I have a 2 way pager remote start...and guess WHAT!!! I PAID $495 CASH!!!! This includes the module required to roll down both of my windows up AND down. I can also open my trunk. So...yea...there you go. If any of you live in Southern California, pm me and I can tell you my hookup. These guys are very professional and have great customer service. They have lifetime warranties on any installation they do for you.

You just gotta know how to bargain

Old 09-16-2006 | 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by G05C
As you can tell from my sig, I have a 2 way pager remote start...and guess WHAT!!! I PAID $495 CASH!!!! This includes the module required to roll down both of my windows up AND down. I can also open my trunk. So...yea...there you go. If any of you live in Southern California, pm me and I can tell you my hookup. These guys are very professional and have great customer service. They have lifetime warranties on any installation they do for you.

You just gotta know how to bargain

Yea but $495 US is like 9000 CA right

Old 09-16-2006 | 09:48 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
LOL Wish I had a dollar for every irrelevant US post on the Canadian forum.

Old 09-16-2006 | 10:38 AM
The dude even has an automatic so of course it would be cheaper. We're talking about six speeds here not auto's.

Old 09-16-2006 | 05:02 PM
not meaning to bash anyone but the quality of u.s. remote start installs in brutal compared to canadian installs,the average u.s. shop may do 100 remote starts per year and we do on average 1000 plus per year,simply i have more experience
and comparing u.s. prices to canadian prices means nothing because or costs and labour rates are totally different.plus an auto is way cheaper than a standard,and window roll up on a g35 is easy ,program a timed relay for about 15 seconds and wire it to the key switch wire in the door handle,the window module senses when the windows are up and ignores the input once they are up or if they are already up.i am happy for anyone who got a great deal on their remote/alarm but here you should realize you really get what you pay for and these are not the kind of car you want the idiot at best buy working on.

Old 09-16-2006 | 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by superduperjeff
you should realize you really get what you pay for and these are not the kind of car you want the idiot at best buy working on.
^^+1

Old 09-18-2006 | 07:32 PM
Lockdown Security

So who has had work done by Lockdown? I'm hoping someone in here has a sedan with Intelli-key and has had Lockdown do the work. i've been emailling Jeff at Lockdown with questions and he's been really great with his responses so I'm really leaning towards getting it done by them. Just that, well, you all know - the G is special... only the most trusted get to cut into it.

If no one has used Lockdown, does anyone here have remote start with Intelli-key?

Oh, and guys that are interested in pricing, I've got to say that the price I got from Jeff is very reasonable and exactly what I would expect to pay. I won't post the price, but I'm sure that Jeff would get back to anyone real quick with the same numbers.

Just looking for someone to reassure me that my G will be safe...

thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much to pay for remote starter?