Canada Serving Canada.

How about a PC trainig/info day?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about a PC trainig/info day?

I am aware that a few of us have PC random orbits. How about a workshop/info sharing day to fine tune techniques/products, what works best etc? Just a thought guys. Colin, Ian (and anyone else with or without one), what do you think? Maybe could be done the same weekend as the Demon Eyes workshop??

Ted

Old 10-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
LOL... I suspect you'd have a lot of black cars there....

RE: Demon / G-Halos workshop;
I think we'll have our hands full.

Old 10-26-2005, 10:22 PM
this is an orbital buffer you're talking about, not an In-Car PC right? :P

I'd be interested to know how to use one of those things too. right now i just use the good old regular towel to buff off zaino coats. I hear using an orbital buffer will yeild even better results with zaino!

Old 10-27-2005, 05:35 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by smilepro
I am aware that a few of us have PC random orbits. How about a workshop/info sharing day to fine tune techniques/products, what works best etc? Just a thought guys. Colin, Ian (and anyone else with or without one), what do you think? Maybe could be done the same weekend as the Demon Eyes workshop??

Ted
Hi Ted, Yes it would be great to get together again b4 it gets too cold and the snow flies.
Let's see how it works out weather-wise.
BTW, I've not had too much time on my PC, but what time I have spent has been very productive and successful.
I can't say it's infallible, but it does seem to be very 'user friendly'. lol, Whenever I use it, I'm proof of that.

Ted, have you given yours a try yet, and have you had any success/difficulty with it?-- I'm interested to hear what your experience has been too.
I've done nothing more that follow the basic instructions for application with the correct pad and the correct removal (with the correct pad), paying attention to applying the right pressure (very little) to the polisher.

Hope to hook up again soon.....post up here, or pm whichever you like.

Colin

Old 10-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Have used it to try and polish out spider webbing and fine scratches with Fareclas line of products. Found that it was working but requiring way too many passes to get a result (I think my speed setting might have been too low). Have Zainoed the car with about 3 coats of Z5 ( after eventually getting the car professionally buffed) and it looks great. I will apply another coat of Z5 to fill in any more minor imperfections (this time with the PC) before applying the frist of many coats of Z2. Would really like to become more of a pro with the Porter Cable though.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ted,

Have you checked out www.properautocare.com ?

There is alot of info on using the 7424 there. That is how I have learned and also have done alot of reading on different waxes, sealers, etc... in the detailing section of G35Driver.

Picus112 is the real expert in the detailing area. He has a black sedan with an imacculate finish. He's very dedicated towards getting the "perfect shine".

I too have a 7424 but haven't used it too much on my car. Just a couple of times this year( got a nice christmas gift, a complete detailing pkg to have my car done) and then the variable speed control broke down.
I'll have it out hopefully this weekend, weather permitting, for a last coat of P21S before the real cold weather comes.

Bill

Old 11-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Where in Toronto can you get the PC7424? I have checked CT and HD, neither had that model...if any random orbital polishers.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by thewheelman
Where in Toronto can you get the PC7424? I have checked CT and HD, neither had that model...if any random orbital polishers.
A few of us ordered our Porter Cable polishers (PC7336) from carcaresmart in BC. They were good to deal with. Here is the web site. http://www.carcaresmart.com/page/C/CTGY/_MPA. I did see a PC polisher in the Crappy Tire in our town but they had it way overpriced.

Last edited by GEE35FX; 11-01-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by thewheelman
Crappy tire actually just lowered their price and had them on sale for $129 CAD, which is a steal considering their $119 USD at Lowes. Not sure if it's still on, if so it's a great deal. If not I think their regular price is closer to $180. I got mine from Lowes in Buffalo. My parents live in Niagara Falls so I just hopped over the peace bridge when I was visiting. $108 with their 10% off coupon.

I got all my pads from www.eshine.ca. Actually I get most of my detailing stuff from them. Super guys. I always wondered why Chris didn't stock PC's.

Originally Posted by 35bills
Picus112 is the real expert in the detailing area. He has a black sedan with an imacculate finish. He's very dedicated towards getting the "perfect shine".
I'm blushing. You're too kind. Actually the car looks miserable right now - I just did another batch of rock chip touchups so I need to do another round of wetsanding. Just have to find the time. On that note I am 100% in for this anytime you guys want to get it going. I have lots and lots of polishes we can waste!

Old 11-01-2005, 10:42 PM
One of the vendors, Autopia maybe ?, has a free book that covers the use of the PC machine. It's on one of the pages in their web site.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Staff ALUMNI
It's Autopia's vendor site, www.autopia-carcare.com.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:37 AM
Thanks picus112, I knew someone would know

Old 11-03-2005, 09:48 PM
glad this one picked up a little steam. Hey picus, what do you think of Farecla products? I am def. in for a seminar if you are involved.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Staff ALUMNI
There is a name I don't hear a lot. I think it's a pretty common shop brand because you can buy it in bulk and since the compounds are waterbased you can dilute them quite a bit. I don't think I would use them with a PC but by rotary the G3 cuts like crazy - really good for taking out tough marring. The G10 was nice too, a good pre-lsp polish. I haven't used any of their glazes/waxes, but if I recall correctly the glaze is pretty highly regarded. I remember them having some deal where they highly recommended using their product-specific applicators with the compounds or something.

I think their stuff is readily available in the UK - I remember reading about some guys there using it on Autopia. It might have to be ordered online/by phone in Canada. Not sure if there is a local distributer.

RE: the get together - I am in, but we will need a place to do it if we get more than a few people, and with winter coming up we're kind of behind the 8-ball for time. Maybe if we piggyback it onto the "demon-eyes" workshop or something like you mentioned above? Heh, wait till you guys see my car, I will be embarassed, it looks terrible right now all covered in paint blobs. Stinkin' black!

Old 11-04-2005, 09:37 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by smilepro

Ted
Ted, I know this NY meet (see link) is bigger than we had intended for now, but having our own is something to think about for next spring.

Have a look and tell me what you think. Neil ( O NO ) has offered to forward info.......I'll post up when I receive.

Link to NorthEast meet Nov.12-- https://g35driver.com/forums/northeast/67810-detailing-dynamics-hosts-all-infiniti-detailing-day-11-12-05-a.html

We would probably need at least 24 attendees, and have to arrange a location etc, but would be something interesting and informative for all.

Food for thought anyway.

Colin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How about a PC trainig/info day?