Canada Serving Canada.

My newest Toy. (out with the 'Rolla, in with the Civic)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2006 | 04:47 PM
|
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
LOL, you young gaffers have fun with your 6 m/t's.....I like the 'Auto Pilot' mode.......

One pic I forgot to take was of the dash. This one isn't very good, and the flash bleached part of it, but you get an idea of its split personality. The top part has indicators and digital speed in either KPH or MPH along with engine temp & fuel level, the bottom part has the analgue tach, odometers, maintenace minder, warning lights etc etc.
Kinda cool.
The height and telescoping steering column allows movement for perfect placement.
.....and this baby even has heated side mirrors, and outside temp display.

C.

Attached Thumbnails My newest Toy. (out with the 'Rolla, in with the Civic)-mini-100_0010_2.jpg  
Old 02-12-2006 | 05:28 PM
Nice car, Colin - I had a Prelude back in '92 - the stubby backed version with the smallish trunk. Great car in many ways, and the people at Honda were great - it was just lean on power - I just had the "S" version - not the "SR".

Went from that to a 97 GTI VR6 - so there was a nice jump in everything.

The G coupe is my winter car (dare I say beater? hell no - I seriously love the car) until I get my summer toy back - '00 M5 with about 110K on it. Had to get some major engine surgery done on it, but it should be ready to go in the next few weeks.

I'm torn between selling it for about $45k and keeping my G, or getting someone to take over my G, and keeping the M5.

My big concern is that BMW service is expensive - even though I have an excellent mechanic, I am referring more to the parts, and I have noticed some fiddly things in the car over the past couple of years - all fixed - but it makes me worry that there may be more to come, given it's age - though if I sell it, it will of course run problem free for another 5 years or so. Curse that Murphy!

I am very strongly leaning to keeping the G and selling the M5 - but there really is nothing else like an M5 (that I've driven anyway) and it holds the family in comfort as well. The acceleration is insane, the sound is great, and it just seems to demand more from your right foot.

Back to your Honda though - it's a very nice car, and very dependable, etc. - you can pretty much buy one without ever driving one, which you can't say about too many makes.

Good luck with it, and I'll see you at the Spring Meet(s).

Mike

Old 02-12-2006 | 06:11 PM
|
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
TNX, Mike....This Honda is only a cheap one, tho the base is about 17k , this one is better equipped for about 25k. LOL, that's not very cheap is it? (my first house was a few k less than that!. )

...but a good effort just the same.. I'm pleased in that Honda has built safety into all their rides with such things as airbags, including side curtain a/bags, ABS, brake distribution to name a few.

I'd love to see the M sometime.....perhaps you can bring it to a meet instead of the G ..... I'm sure everyone would like to see that.
I hear you on maintenance on these rides, and don't blame you for thinking about a change.....Warranty makes for less stress .... , but there's something about that level and class of ride you just can't duplicate in anything less.
I wish you luck with that decision. But hey, just having a G left wouldn't be all bad...

Look forward to seeing your whips.
Colin

Old 02-13-2006 | 10:38 AM
Hey Colin I just noticed this thread, congrats on your new ride. Looking good, and nice color (I know you have always had a soft spot for red) . Good choice on a great car, my daughter just loves her Civic, it is so economical, yet loads of room for a smaller car, and hers has been basically maintenance free for the last 200,000 kms (except when I backed into it with my Z71 )

Old 02-13-2006 | 11:31 AM
|
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Hey Colin I just noticed this thread, congrats on your new ride. Looking good, and nice color (I know you have always had a soft spot for red) . Good choice on a great car, my daughter just loves her Civic, it is so economical, yet loads of room for a smaller car, and hers has been basically maintenance free for the last 200,000 kms (except when I backed into it with my Z71 )
TNX Wayne...It promises to be a good ride for a while (I hope)....Yikes, 200k kms.-- that's good service...
....and they must be good to survive a 'bite' from the Z71...

C.

Old 02-13-2006 | 02:13 PM
PDT
Congratulations on your new Civic Colin! I still have my first Honda (91 Accord - 380,000 KMs and still kicking). Great and reliable cars.

How do you like it? My Girlfriend has an 04 Civic, and was looking at the new 06. I think she might get it next year.

Old 02-13-2006 | 02:34 PM
|
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by PDT
Congratulations on your new Civic Colin! I still have my first Honda (91 Accord - 380,000 KMs and still kicking). Great and reliable cars.

How do you like it? My Girlfriend has an 04 Civic, and was looking at the new 06. I think she might get it next year.
TNX Tauseef.....I love it so far....As you may have heard, Honda redesigned the Civic this year and promptly got tons of accolades and awards for all the Civics.
Their philosophy on safety is commendable since they build the same safety into all models.....All airbags, ABS, brake modulation all add up to safer and more stress free driving.
The intereior redesign is right on (for me)...lots of room, well appointed (for an economy car), good sound, comfortable and the mechnicals are class leading with the new 5 spd. automatic, and standard 140 hp, 1.8 liter 4 cyl.

Not sure if you've explored their website yet or not, but it's at:

HONDA CANADA
and has some good reading on all the features.

Colin

Old 02-13-2006 | 03:11 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni

Colin gots himself a mini U-Haul.........

Does it fit in the trunk of the M......lol

'Don't Honk..... I'm Peddling As Fast As I Can'

Now the thing is, are u gonna throw a juice machine under the hood of that four banger ( u do have all four cylinders? ) for alittle Xtra punch........ hahahaha.

Just kidding bro, nice mini whip. Whatever gets u from point A to point B..... it's all good.....

Pleeze don't be goin rice on us.

Old 02-13-2006 | 03:44 PM
|
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by O NO

Colin gots himself a mini U-Haul.........

'Don't Honk..... I'm Peddling As Fast As I Can'

Now the thing is, are u gonna throw a juice machine under the hood of that four banger ( u do have all four cylinders? ) for alittle Xtra punch........ hahahaha.

Just kidding bro, nice mini whip. Whatever gets u from point A to point B..... it's all good.....

Pleeze don't be goin rice on us.
LOL, Neil.....Must be going thru my 'mid-life-Rice-stage'......and yeah, the old ironing board and coffee cans are all lined up for install....

If I leave the trunk lid up, it'll just go in the M.....

are u gonna throw a juice machine under the hood of that four banger
...don't have a juicer, but I do have a hair-drier that might work..... hahaha.

Oh well, it aint much but at least I won't get into too much trouble in this crappy winter weather.....

C.

Old 02-13-2006 | 06:20 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Thumbs up

Congrats Colin.... see your back in a red machine

Old 02-13-2006 | 06:41 PM
|
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Congrats Colin.... see your back in a red machine

Thanks Ian........it feels good to be back in red........

Hope your stay at the Foothill Ranch isn't too hard to take......lol

Bring that fine weather back with you......
Safe travels...

Colin.

Old 02-13-2006 | 08:19 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Hope your stay at the Foothill Ranch isn't too hard to take......lol

Bring that fine weather back with you......
Safe travels...

Colin.
LOL... I guess I'll manage
78degF & sunny today.

To bad most of it was spent indoors working.
Going to get a few days off for a drive up the coast road to San Fran later this week.

Old 02-13-2006 | 08:35 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
LOL... I guess I'll manage
78degF & sunny today.

To bad most of it was spent indoors working.
Going to get a few days off for a drive up the coast road to San Fran later this week.

NICE!!!

Have a great trip Ian.

Old 02-14-2006 | 09:37 AM
PDT
Originally Posted by Msedanman
TNX Tauseef.....I love it so far....As you may have heard, Honda redesigned the Civic this year and promptly got tons of accolades and awards for all the Civics.
Their philosophy on safety is commendable since they build the same safety into all models.....All airbags, ABS, brake modulation all add up to safer and more stress free driving.
The intereior redesign is right on (for me)...lots of room, well appointed (for an economy car), good sound, comfortable and the mechnicals are class leading with the new 5 spd. automatic, and standard 140 hp, 1.8 liter 4 cyl.

Not sure if you've explored their website yet or not, but it's at:

HONDA CANADA
and has some good reading on all the features.

Colin
Thanks for the Link Colin. I've actually seen this information when my girlfriend was looking at it before. Glad you are enjoying it.

Ian, have a great trip and enjoy the weather in San Fran!

Old 02-20-2006 | 09:30 PM
Honda Civic Movie

For you Colin......Check out this neat Honda mpeg

http://84.40.3.164

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My newest Toy. (out with the 'Rolla, in with the Civic)