Canada Serving Canada.

2003-2006 recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2006 | 08:27 PM
|
2003-2006 recall

Dont' know if this has been posted but I received a letter today from Infiniti Canada about a recall on a fuel filler hose.
"The fuel filler hose may crack and result in fuel leakage from the hose while refueling. If an ignition source is present, a fire could occur. In addition, fuel vapor hoses may crack and cause the malfunction indicator lamp to come on."

Infiniti dealer will replace the fuel filler and vapor hose, this free service will take about 3 hours to complete.

anyone else got this letter yet?

btw, i took my 03 G to Willowdale for the Driver seat moving issue. It's been almost 4 months now and I'm still waiting for their call on the part. Last time i checked with them (about 2 months) ago they told me the part is back order. Anyone else having this issue??? I'm really getting sick of the service i get in Willowdale.

Jerome

Old 03-03-2006 | 08:45 PM
recall notice...

Yup - I received the same recall notice in the mail today.

I've had good service at Doner Infiniti, and I've heard good things on this forum about Oakville Infiniti and Yorkville Infiniti. I could be wrong, but I think the service guy at Yorkville's name is Jerry.

Another case of I could be wrong - but I think some members have had issues with Willowdale Infiniti.

I'm pretty sure there's a thread somewhere in here on service experiences at different dealerships. If you're not happy, try another dealership. Having dealer service that you are comfortable with is a valuable part of vehicle ownership.

I also own a Honda Odyssey van, and the service at Newmarket Honda is excellent. Even though it's another brand, excellent service deserves to be recognized.

Good Luck,

Mike

Old 03-03-2006 | 10:46 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Hey guys, I got the same notice of recal from Infiniti today too concerning the fuel hose on the Coupe I sold my brother a year ago. Guess they still haven't updated their records....
I was amazed at the time needed to fix the hose problem: 3 hrs.!!!

Jerome, you need to visit another dealer....Mike likes Doner, and I've had good service from Oakville.

Jerry isn't at Yorkville any more -- he's gone to a Mississauga Mazda dealer now, but some still go to Yorkville.

4 months wait is way too long for the seat parts. that's nuts.

G/L with the repairs.

Colin

Old 03-04-2006 | 07:22 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
I guess the mail is slower getting out East. No notice yet.

Old 03-04-2006 | 07:34 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by RBull
I guess the mail is slower getting out East. No notice yet.
Same here...
echo Doner comments;
I've had excellent service there as well. ... no prblems to deal with though.

Old 03-04-2006 | 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by sljer
Dont' know if this has been posted but I received a letter today from Infiniti Canada about a recall on a fuel filler hose.
"The fuel filler hose may crack and result in fuel leakage from the hose while refueling. If an ignition source is present, a fire could occur. In addition, fuel vapor hoses may crack and cause the malfunction indicator lamp to come on."

Infiniti dealer will replace the fuel filler and vapor hose, this free service will take about 3 hours to complete.

anyone else got this letter yet?

btw, i took my 03 G to Willowdale for the Driver seat moving issue. It's been almost 4 months now and I'm still waiting for their call on the part. Last time i checked with them (about 2 months) ago they told me the part is back order. Anyone else having this issue??? I'm really getting sick of the service i get in Willowdale.

Jerome
I say call Infiniti Customer Service and let them know you're p!ssed about waiting this long for a part. I doubt the dealership is working you over on this - probably just a logistics snafu on Infiniti's part.

Old 03-04-2006 | 10:34 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by akrus
I say call Infiniti Customer Service and let them know you're p!ssed about waiting this long for a part. I doubt the dealership is working you over on this - probably just a logistics snafu on Infiniti's part.

The last 3 times I have had email and mail correspondence with Infiniti Canada it was in the French language which I do not use. Somehow they switched me to French. I sent back the last survey mailing with a note about that and have never heard from them since.

Old 03-04-2006 | 12:41 PM
I will not be going back to Yorkville Infiniti after finding out their mechanics are not Infiniti trained and are just general mechanics from local gas stops. This would explain why they couldn't find why my clutch was popping when pressing and depressing the clutch pedal. I took my car in to a Nissan stealership to check something quick and I asked if they could look at the clutch and they found the problem with an air pocket in the system. Best of all it cost me "ZERO"

I will do my oil changes and maintenance there and my warranty work at Oakville now.

E.

Old 03-05-2006 | 12:52 AM
This recall doesn't affect the 2005-2006 coupes does it? I haven't received a letter yet and found this from one of the regional sections of this forum - 2003-2004 models:

Last edited by Pete00; 03-05-2006 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-05-2006 | 07:21 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Pete00
This recall doesn't affect the 2005-2006 coupes does it? I haven't received a letter yet and found this from one of the regional sections of this forum - 2003-2004 models:

Good find. Hard to read but it looks to me like it is the earlier models. Couldn't see my '04 coupe vin listed.

Old 03-05-2006 | 09:49 AM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Pete00

By the looks of that attachment, it's just some '03 & '04 Sedans and Coupes and some '03-'06 FX's.... good find Pete.

The letter I got wasn't specific as to which Infinitis were involved.

C.

Old 03-06-2006 | 03:19 PM
Old 03-06-2006 | 03:25 PM
flames shootin' out the back would look pretty bad a$$ though - normally you'd have to pay for that mod.

Old 03-06-2006 | 04:10 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Mudgy
flames shootin' out the back would look pretty bad a$$ though - normally you'd have to pay for that mod.

haha LOL

Good one.

Old 03-07-2006 | 04:27 PM
Received my notice as well.
Checked the my350Z.com site and looked at the steps to do the whole job-- no wonder it takes 3 hours. The G35 has got to be a similar amount of work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2003-2006 recall