Can it be done ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can it be done ?

I am in the process of changing my audio system in my car. The new amps I am going to use have PC interfaces as does my E-Manage , FJO racing stuff ect. Thats the easy part.I have 8 Video screens, Five amps, 20 speakers with this I have 3 zones. I would like to get away from the standard AV set up with DVD head unit (Z1) PS2 and abunch of video switchers and amps. Is it possible to do this with a car PC? The unit would be installed in the trunk I would want a DVD slot in dash and a touch screen to control it all.I do not know much about computors but can wire and install just about anything.I have been to MP3 car but I dont know enough at this time to figure out if it can be done? Any help would be great!

Old 12-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Well, yes, but something like that would require a pretty elaborate setup, and video repeaters to drive all of those video screens.

You would probably want a pretty high end CarPC with a powerful processor to handle all the things going on in your system.

I honestly suggest spending a week or so reading all the various threads on mp3car.com and learning a lot about setting up a carPC before you decide to do this or not. Once you do, if you have specific questions, I'll do my best to help

Dave

Old 12-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by caelric
Well, yes, but something like that would require a pretty elaborate setup, and video repeaters to drive all of those video screens.

You would probably want a pretty high end CarPC with a powerful processor to handle all the things going on in your system.

I honestly suggest spending a week or so reading all the various threads on mp3car.com and learning a lot about setting up a carPC before you decide to do this or not. Once you do, if you have specific questions, I'll do my best to help

Dave
That is good to hear my main problem is I now need to find some one who can do this for me as I have no time to learn this as I am re doing most of my audio and for the most part PCs are Greek to me!

Old 12-13-2006, 08:30 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
cant wait to see this

Old 12-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
It will be nice, if/when he gets it setup like that.

For some interesting rides of all makes and models, some pretty tricked out, audo and carPC wise, check out www.mp3car.com and look in the "Show Off Your Ride" section. Thats where people post both their install/work logs, and their finished projects (including mine, I humbly add)

Dave

Old 12-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
If you're not going to do it yourself then I wouldn't recommend it. You'll invariably have to fix something at some point and if you do it yourself such hiccups won't be an issue.

Software = StreetDeck, Girder
Hardware = prepackaged PC (Infill) w/ touchscreen (get transflective screen if you can find it) or build your own: miniITX board, low power CPU, miniITX case, CarNetix or OPUS smart automotive power supply, URBUIRT for infra-red control, SWI-X to tie steering wheel controls to IR transmitter, XM Direct, USB GPS.

You can find references for all this stuff by searching mp3car.com.

Good luck...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.