Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Help Please

So I didn't wash my car for like two weeks and I just did. However now I have a billion water spots all over the car and I don't know how to get rid of them. I also have some new scratches on my hood that I have no idea how they got there and I am so pissed about it. Does anyone know of a website where I can order some stuf to get rid of the water spots and what would be the best to do it.

Also, would someone recommend anything for the scratches? I am considering goin to Zaino's website and getting some stuff from there but I am not sure what to get. TIA

Old 05-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should get it professionaly detailed.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Id rather not drop $100+ on a single detail.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Well odds are you're going to spend well over $100 to get rid of the scratches. The water spots aren't an issue, $25 for a 4oz clay will take care of that. The scratches you might get lucky on, try some Meg's ScratchX on them (again, locally avaialble). If they're at all deep you're going to need to have it polished by machine. In that case you either have a pro do it or start learning how to DYI. I suggest www.autopia-carcare.com (click How To) as a good place to start.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:21 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
i used to get waterspots, then i started using the spray wax everytime i washed the car, now they are no more
As for the scratches see if you can get a carwaxh to buff the hood quick.
-Tom

Old 05-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by picus112
Well odds are you're going to spend well over $100 to get rid of the scratches. The water spots aren't an issue, $25 for a 4oz clay will take care of that. The scratches you might get lucky on, try some Meg's ScratchX on them (again, locally avaialble). If they're at all deep you're going to need to have it polished by machine. In that case you either have a pro do it or start learning how to DYI. I suggest www.autopia-carcare.com (click How To) as a good place to start.
+1. VERY TRUE.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.