Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino - Leather Care

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 01:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino - Leather Care

Hey guys, my cars about a month old and some people have told me to treat the leather so it doesn't crack. I don't want shiny seats , I actaully like the look of the way these come out the factory. My question is Zaino claims not to leave any greasy residue, however I tested it on a small part of leather and it starts to show all the grains in the leather.

Can I just use the cleaner Z9 and not follow up with a treatment of Z10? Anyone have experience with this product. I have both just want to see what others think.

Old 05-23-2006, 02:15 AM
Call the Cops
i have both also
i use the conditioner every 2 weeks, and the spray 1-2 times a week.

you need two towels
one to wipe it on
and a clean dry one to wipe it off

if you do it like that, it dont be greasy at all

i use it on everything, the leather and dash.. steering wheel and definitely the door panels

be careful with the spray
dont spray directly on the leather/vinyl, spray it on the towel
it will leave streaks and marks if you dont wipe it off completely.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:32 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I use them both on mine and customer cars - they don't leave the seats greasy however you have to be careful not to over-condition. The cleaner can be used as often as you like, but the conditioner should not be used more than once every 2+ months unless you live in an extremly arid environment. I used mine every 3 months and have had no issues (100k km now). Over conditioning will cause the leather to saturate with conditioner, it will not absorb it and will start to get greasy. It can also shorten the leathers life.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the input guys! Will it leave my seats looking like new? I just don't want to give it a different look once it's conditioned.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:24 PM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
The interior will look and smell brand new after applying zaino... everytime people get in my car they are shocked on not only how clean it is, but that it still smells like a new car

Old 05-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Ya that ^. It won't make them look any different, it'll just keep them supple and smelling like new.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Me Happy!

I recently used their leather cleaner and conditioner. Totally happy!!!! My seats look, feel and smell great!! As long as Zaino makes it, I will buy it.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:24 PM
aiight cool, you guys convinced me that I'll be happy with it. I guess I will be cleaning my car tonight. LOL

Old 05-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
they don't leave the seats greasy however you have to be careful not to over-condition. The cleaner can be used as often as you like, but the conditioner should not be used more than once every 2+ months unless you live in an extremly arid environment. I used mine every 3 months and have had no issues. Over conditioning will cause the leather to saturate with conditioner, it will not absorb it and will start to get greasy. It can also shorten the leathers life.

^^+1

Old 05-23-2006, 04:00 PM
+3 Best leather stuff on the market IMO.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:19 PM
I spoke with Sal Zaino about this very subject when I first began using their leather products and he gave me some great advice. First of all, you shouldn't over apply the cleaner. Too much cleaning will dry/crack your leather. He flat out told me to use the "leather in a bottle" conditioner more often than the cleaner, and it makes sense to me. You don't want to saturate your leather seats, but a liberal application every 2-3 months is certainly OK. I only use the leather cleaner twice a year OR if I have an accident that requires cleaning.

Old 05-27-2006, 01:30 AM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by BobbyG123
I spoke with Sal Zaino about this very subject when I first began using their leather products and he gave me some great advice. First of all, you shouldn't over apply the cleaner. Too much cleaning will dry/crack your leather. He flat out told me to use the "leather in a bottle" conditioner more often than the cleaner, and it makes sense to me. You don't want to saturate your leather seats, but a liberal application every 2-3 months is certainly OK. I only use the leather cleaner twice a year OR if I have an accident that requires cleaning.
Exactly what I would recommend. Z-9 / Z-10 are seriously awesome stuff. Once I get a client hooked on it, they always want more LOL

There was also a post above about using the products on non-leather surfaces (dash, doors, etc.). I'm not really sure that's the best use of the product - I'd recommend you try something like a Lexol Vinylex, or some other specific vinyl product.

Old 06-04-2006, 12:17 AM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
I've posted this before, but recommend trying a natural hair (horse hair) shoe brush- not the small applicator type, but the soft polishing type, with the Zaino cleaner. You'll be blown away at how much more grime comes out of the grain of the leather if you do. Then wipe excess, and finish with the conditioner. Note that Zaino does recommend using a brush with the cleaner, so this is not something in contradiction to their recommended use.

Old 06-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by derek
I've posted this before, but recommend trying a natural hair (horse hair) shoe brush- not the small applicator type, but the soft polishing type, with the Zaino cleaner. You'll be blown away at how much more grime comes out of the grain of the leather if you do. Then wipe excess, and finish with the conditioner. Note that Zaino does recommend using a brush with the cleaner, so this is not something in contradiction to their recommended use.
Excellent tip!

Old 06-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Just to post an update, I did the seats last night - this is month 2 in owning my car and they do look awesome. No regrets buying Zaino. Now to just figure out how to get a shoowroom finish and I'll be set.