Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Black Magic Wet Shine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black Magic Wet Shine

anyone use this??? my friend was telling me about how it got 1st place in consumer reports test but for some reason im not feelin how reliable consumer report is in detailing cars... i beat out nxt(i normally use the paste).

right now i use menzerna FMJ (2 coats) with a PC followed by NXT tech paste by hand.

i went ahead and bought a bottle for 6 bucks at pep boys, probably gunna try it on a family car or friends first.

as soon as i get my desktop working i will post my car using my wax and probably another black car.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
That same report listed P21S as 4th or 5th behind a NuFinish wax. I can't stress what total crap that is.

RE: your question. I have not tried Black Magic Wet Shine, so let us know. On the other hand FMJ is one of my favorite sealants, I really have a hard time believing BMWS is going to be better than it in terms of looks or durability.

Old 06-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LIUser
anyone use this??? my friend was telling me about how it got 1st place in consumer reports test but for some reason im not feelin how reliable consumer report is in detailing cars... i beat out nxt(i normally use the paste).

right now i use menzerna FMJ (2 coats) with a PC followed by NXT tech paste by hand.

i went ahead and bought a bottle for 6 bucks at pep boys, probably gunna try it on a family car or friends first.

as soon as i get my desktop working i will post my car using my wax and probably another black car.
FYI, topping with NXT may not be a good idea since it may strip off the layers of FMJ beneath it to some extent. It contains some cleaners which are meant to prep the surface so that the polymer within NXT will crosslink correctly on the surface it is applied to. See meguiarsonline.com for more info, but you should think about using a different topper that doesn't contain cleaners such as M16 if you can still find it or M26.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
FYI, topping with NXT may not be a good idea since it may strip off the layers of FMJ beneath it to some extent. It contains some cleaners which are meant to prep the surface so that the polymer within NXT will crosslink correctly on the surface it is applied to. See meguiarsonline.com for more info, but you should think about using a different topper that doesn't contain cleaners such as M16 if you can still find it or M26.
thanks redlude,
my friend just told me the same thing and now i feel like i wasted some time with the fmj, im thinking of switching to poorboys natty blue or collonite wax, maybe p21s

sound good???
any other help would be great! thanks everyone

Old 06-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Collinite might also strip the FMJ; it's got a lot of solvents in it to keep it liquid. I'd go with Nattys - FMJ will give you 4-5 months anyway.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Works great. Make sure it is the gel and use a sponge (not too heavy)

Old 06-18-2006, 12:04 AM
Black Magic Wetshine is all I use.

I've tried a bunch of brands but nothing seems to give as good of a shine / gloss as Black magic shine.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by ceeze
Black Magic Wetshine is all I use.

I've tried a bunch of brands but nothing seems to give as good of a shine / gloss as Black magic shine.
any pics???
ever try FMJ sealent/zaino/NXT

hows it compare

Old 06-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Actually black majic tire shine is a good product. However if you own a IP then i strongly suggest stay away from Black magic or better yet be, very carefull when you apply that on the tire. The problem is black majic has silecon & many of us have the habit of spraying tire shine, then with in few minutes start to drive.Which alot times puts yellow spots on the side of the car & gets into the clear coat. Try using shining monkey tire spray..Personally i think it's the best out there. Those who haven't tried Shining monkey product i suggest give it a shot, there wax, polish both awesome product.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:35 AM
just finished using it on a new black impala and the finish is absolutely amazing on it... comparing it to my black G coupe with FMJ on it i would give the edge to the black magic =x

its a very smooth, deep gloss... buuuut i have yet to check the durability of it.
very satisfied for $6 =)

i woud recommend it. note that, it does have cleaners in it so i dont rec. ontop of fmj or other sealents, its also quite hard to take off IMO compared ot FMJ and nxt

yes, i would use this over NXT

Old 06-25-2006, 04:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use it and the gel itself is awesome. Lasts awhile and even lasted through rain and a second wash. My only complaint is the container itself. After opening it the lid does not fully close, and when I set it down aftre being done with it, it actually fell over and the gel kept coming out, leaving a big wet looking gel spot on the garage floor. Now I have to ghetto rig it and prop it upside down after I'm done. Also don't put Nxt over anything. As I have learned from this forum, NXT ends up stripping whatever is under it, even another coat of NXT. If anything use the NXT first then top it off with carnauba wax.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
edit: im a dumbass and thought we were talking tire products, same on me for not reading

Old 06-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Wait edit me me too then I thought we were tlaking tire stuff too.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:58 PM
if it helps i can edit my post so we are talking tire products....

Old 06-26-2006, 01:18 AM
Works great. Make sure it is the gel and use a sponge