Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Evil Trees....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Evil Trees....

I'm a college student and I just moved into a different apartment and the new place has some trees in front (directly to the left and right of where my parking area is) and i went online and have identified them (about 99% sure) as green ash trees..... well these b@stards drop little tiny sap specks onto my car, and they do so at a pretty rapid pace (many noticeable specks on the windshield after being parked for about 30 minutes)

the sap sort of washes off easily just with plain water, but unless i actually wash it, the water that washes it off will dry to a chalky-feeling film..... however, i've searched online and can find nothing that indicates that this tree drops any sap at all, im thinking maybe it could be diseased?? anybody have any ideas?

more importantly: what can i do about it? i cant really park anywhere else, im thinking maybe drill some holes in the trunks of the two trees, and put some kind of chemical into it?

any suggestions, tree information, similar experience?

Old 06-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Car cover?

Old 06-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by sliderg35
Car cover?
well i thought about that, but i mean like i said it only take a few minutes for it to start collecting, not like it has to be there overnight, so it would be so impractical in terms of putting it on, taking it off as i come and go for classes and such

Old 06-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Appartment

Old 06-18-2006, 01:31 AM
why can't you park anywhere else?

Old 06-18-2006, 01:54 AM
well the way the apartment complex is set up, each apartment has its own couple of spots.... the ONE place where there are extra spots that i could use, there's another one of those stupid trees

Old 06-18-2006, 02:14 AM
u could try a spray detailer

Old 06-20-2006, 03:26 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rob40wilson03
I'm a college student and I just moved into a different apartment and the new place has some trees in front (directly to the left and right of where my parking area is) and i went online and have identified them (about 99% sure) as green ash trees..... well these b@stards drop little tiny sap specks onto my car, and they do so at a pretty rapid pace (many noticeable specks on the windshield after being parked for about 30 minutes)

the sap sort of washes off easily just with plain water, but unless i actually wash it, the water that washes it off will dry to a chalky-feeling film..... however, i've searched online and can find nothing that indicates that this tree drops any sap at all, im thinking maybe it could be diseased?? anybody have any ideas?

more importantly: what can i do about it? i cant really park anywhere else, im thinking maybe drill some holes in the trunks of the two trees, and put some kind of chemical into it?

any suggestions, tree information, similar experience?
I've had the same happen to me, and the only answer is to cover the car.
Those little dots are hard to get off.
C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.