Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Cleaning the [Black] G is driving me crazy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 03:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speedracerg35
stains too easily.
only stains are dead mosquitos & juicy flies, but easily removed with a mr clean magic eraser.....
http://www.homemadesimple.com/sites/...s/eraser.shtml

Old 08-10-2006, 03:13 AM
Black is tyte.. once you go black you can never go back!!!

I be RIDING DIRTY!!!

Old 08-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Ok so from what I hear the California Duster is the way to go.

Does it work great on all G's including Black ones or just the metallic and non-black G35's?

Old 08-10-2006, 07:14 PM
uhm, no. magic eraser is like really fine sandpaper. use clay bar for that kinda stuff and leave magic eraser for your walls.

Originally Posted by strife
only stains are dead mosquitos & juicy flies, but easily removed with a mr clean magic eraser.....
http://www.homemadesimple.com/sites/...s/eraser.shtml

Old 08-10-2006, 07:57 PM
California duster all the way, keeps the G looking nice in between washes. You can pick it up at most auto shops, got mine at the Pepboys down the road.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:04 PM
I have an IP and it looks clean for days. I never get stains... not sure what Speedracer is talking about. I jsut put 5 coats of Zaino on it and it looks amazing. Just use a detailer to get the dust off...by the way, I am happy I didnt get the black/black.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's really not that bad!!!.. I dont understand why people think that's it's so hard lol.

Personally.. AFTER A GOOD THOROUGH WASH if you CALIFORNIA SWEEPER/DUSTER (whatever you call it) the car [considering there's JUST dust on the car, nothing thick such as mud or massive amounts of bird poo and the like]

By sweeping in one motion.. then shaking.. repeat... and follow up with a QUICK DETAIL (of whatever the quick detailer the wax you use prefers) you can go up to a week to a week and a half without washing.. it actually helps too.. and remember to not go in circular motions while quick detailing.. just front to back.. lightly too.
Make sure to also use 2 microfibers.. i highly suggest using microfibers ONLY while doing the duster/quick detailer combo because the surface isn't as clean as it would be as if you were to actually wash it. by using the microfibers with a gentle touch, swirls are more likely to not make an appearance.

*Guaranteed satisfaction in 15 min. or your money back.

* = money back really not guaranteed.. it's just a gimmick.. sorry fellows/fellowettes

Old 08-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ohhhhhhhh Big Deal Too !!!!

Remember To Follow The Instructions For The California Duster. It Says To Leave The Duster Outside On A Newspaper Or So For 2 Days Before Using It. The Duster Contains Some Type Of Wax Or Something That Needs To Be Aired Out In Order To Work Properly. Remember To Read The Instructions Before Use.. Just Letting You Guys Know

Old 08-10-2006, 09:03 PM
yup, its a bitch to keep a black car clean, but i really dont mind washing mine whenever is needed, i actually enjoy cleaning my car and the appetizer its when the car is clean and shiny

Old 08-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by thommyboy0885
I have an IP and it looks clean for days. I never get stains... not sure what Speedracer is talking about. I jsut put 5 coats of Zaino on it and it looks amazing. Just use a detailer to get the dust off...by the way, I am happy I didnt get the black/black.
bugs, road tar, sap, bird poo...need to gotten off right away or stain seeps into the clearcoat and white paint makes it very noticeable. yes, yes, it stays clean for days, but the other colors look good for weeks. i'm probably more **** than any of you about a clean car and i agree white or black look very nice. however, there are a lot of downsides to having a black or white car. since i've owned them both i know what the original poster is talking about. you never hear of a dp guy saying "jesus, i just washed my car an hour ago and it looks filthy."

Old 08-11-2006, 02:20 PM
California Car Duster all the way!! Dust shows up really easily on my Daytona Blue Z and this thing works great. Make sure you get the more expensive one (there are two versions: one larger one with a wooden handle, and a cheaper smaller one that Target / Walmart sells). The instructions say to leave the Cali Duster wrapped in newspaper for a week to let the excess paraffin wax soak out. If you don't, a lot of excess wax (this wax is what "attracts" dust to the duster) will be left on your car. It won't damage it though. Just don't use the Cali duster in direct sunlight if it's real hot outside because you don't want the sun melting the excess wax onto your car.

edit: a lot of people follow the Cali duster up with a quick detail with a microfiber towel... some do this every day! IMO, just the Cali Duster every day is sufficient for me, considering I wash my car once a week. Hope this helps.

Last edited by highside107; 08-11-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:58 PM
You guys are right on track...
But washing/dusting the G every night or every morning...Too much for me..That is exactly why I like the "Colors". After zainoing my car stays much cleaner than the wifes black car...even when the light dust does appear it is about 80% less noticable on my red car than her black one...
I have owned black cars in the past, and ya they look great when they are clean, but they dont stay like that very long, therefore be prepared for frequent washing/dusting.
Just my 2 cents...

Old 08-11-2006, 07:03 PM
solution = never clean the car. when it gets dirty, buy a new black one (and repeat when necessary).

Old 08-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by kleicoupe
hahahah i have a towel to close the trunk too, whay didnt they integrate a trunk handle
They did, but unfortunately, it's on the inside.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cleaning the [Black] G is driving me crazy!