Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

G pics after Crystal Guard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G pics after Crystal Guard

Here are some pics after a CG layer on it.

04 Sedan. Obs. Black W/ Willow. Premium, Navigation, Sport Tuned. 35% Tint on sides, 20% back, Hyper-Ground kit and Stillen high flow on delivery.

119988-PetesG.jpg

Old 10-14-2003, 11:25 PM
Re: G pics after Crystal Guard

Another

04 Sedan. Obs. Black W/ Willow. Premium, Navigation, Sport Tuned. 35% Tint on sides, 20% back, Hyper-Ground kit and Stillen high flow on delivery.

119990-PetesG2.jpg

Old 10-14-2003, 11:26 PM

119991-PetesG3.jpg

Old 10-14-2003, 11:27 PM

closer

119992-PetesG4.jpg

Old 10-14-2003, 11:28 PM

hood..

Old 10-14-2003, 11:28 PM

oops.

119994-PetesG5.jpg

Old 10-14-2003, 11:29 PM

Here's the side. Overall, I say that CG is awesome. I need to do a better job next time of getting out the spots and swirls though.

119995-PetesG6.jpg

Old 10-14-2003, 11:39 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome, man. Gotta love that CG... If you want to get rid of those spots, do it panel-by-panel, and re-wet your microfiber cloth just before you "buff" it out. A little elbow grease is all that's needed. Good job,

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 10-15-2003, 07:35 AM

Sicshift,
Nice Job!

2003.5 G35C BL/GR, NAV, PREM, AERO, TINT, SPORT, Splash, V1

Old 10-15-2003, 02:22 PM

Sicshift-nice job. The G looks sweet.

I did the Dawn, Claybar(Mcguire's-utter crap, but worked), rewash with Dawn, then CG yesterday. After feeling the surface of the car I don't have the rough spots because of the Claybar, but after the coat of CG the finish doesn't feel as smooth or as thick as after a coat of wax. Are you supposed to have that same feel as wax after CG? Maybe I need to do a second coat of CG. Any thoughts?

BTW-the Mcguire's claybar was hard as hell and required tons of lubricant and kneading to soften up. Then it was in the 50's so the bar got cold and harden up again. I'll be ordering the Zaino claybar next spring.

Old 10-15-2003, 02:24 PM

Looks great. Black so much trouble to keep clean. I love black cars. I just can't stand the way they show dirt. Does CG help??

Old 10-15-2003, 02:39 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

Hydro-
Yes, CG gets as smooth and shiny as wax. Not sure what happened in your case... how exactly did you CG? I've gotten enough coats on my car to the point that I can put a microfiber cloth on my hood, near the windshield, and it will slide all the way off down the front. Not too shabby...

Also, as for CG's ability to keep a car looking clean-- yes, yes, yesh. It simplifies quick washes, if you want. I called the CG customer service and asked if using a Cali Duster, then taking a moist microfiber to any waterspots would be recommended. They said it's not a problem at all-- clean it like that in your garage, but not with major road grime. So far, every insect, every waterspot, etc. has come off easily, scratch-free, and left a great shine.

I wouldn't recommend it, however, once your CG layer starts to wear. I've had a layer for 4 months without having to reapply, just sporadic "quick" applications after a wash.
Good luck,

G

Old 10-15-2003, 04:26 PM

GeoBau-After the second wash I used a spray bottle with a fine mist on about a 2X2 section of each panel with carbon filtered water, then followed up with the CG. Then I used a microfiber towel to lightly spread the CG over the entire area. After about 15-30 seconds I would follow up with another microfiber towel to remove any residue. Once the entire car was done I used yet another clean microfiber towel to get any residue that was missed.

I should also mention that the surface of the car was around 55 degree’s and I was working in my garage out of the wind and sun during the CG process. Maybe I pulled all of the CG off after spreading it around before it was able to set up? I ended up using 1-1.5 ounces of the CG Quick bottle. Any thoughts or obvious errors on my part?

Old 10-15-2003, 04:32 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

I usually wait a few minutes for it to set before buffing off residue. Typically, I'll spray the water, then CG, then spray a towel with some of the same, and spread. Then I move to the next body panel and do the same, then one more panel. After I've completed three panels, I move back to the original one and buff. If it's tough and spotty, I just spray a little more water on it (as recommended by CG) and buff it out.

Make sure you really get the car clean before you CG, otherwise it will remain a little rough. This happened to me one time-- my hose was spitting out hard water and I CG'ed on top of it. Now I actually use purified water to clean the hard water off of each panel before I start the CG process. Obsess much? [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

G

Old 10-15-2003, 04:50 PM

Thanks for the tips. I'll try again this weekend and see how I fare. Speaking of obsessing.....I neglected to mention that the water I used was carbon filtered. I got crap all day from my wife about my OCD kicking in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G pics after Crystal Guard