Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Poorboys Vs Menzerna

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poorboys Vs Menzerna

I am trying to decide which to get. I have the lake country orange , white and black pads for the PC. Do you all prefer the menzerna IP and FPII or the poorboys ssr2.5 and ssr1 better? I will be giving the car the once over and figure I'll try the FPII or SSR1 with white pad first, then if not strong enough move to the IP or SSR2.5 with the orange pad. Just wondering if you guys had any preferences. By the way the coupe is silver with very very light swirls that you can only see under the right light. One more thing, following final polish do any of you use a glaze? Thanks

Old 09-28-2006, 04:20 PM
I have learned to deal with the Menzerna products better on the Infiniti paint and thus lean towards those when it comes to correcting problems. I find that IP and FP mixed with some RMG are both great products for most corrective work I would need on my car. Their Power Gloss is also good stuff but I have not used it on an Infiniti.

Don't get me wrong, the SR/SSR line is great as well, I have just become more used to the results from the Menzerna line. FPII with a light pad works wonders most of the time.

I do not typically glaze cars. I use a high quality sealant and leave it at that.

-GT

Old 09-28-2006, 04:32 PM
you can use PB products in the sun.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Concours d'Elegance
Menzerna polishes are hard to beat.

I have tried them heads up vs. PB and Menzerna has prevailed.

Mix a little Clearkote Red Moose Glaze with FPII on the white pad @ 6 for your final polish.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by G35stilez
Menzerna polishes are hard to beat.

I have tried them heads up vs. PB and Menzerna has prevailed.

Mix a little Clearkote Red Moose Glaze with FPII on the white pad @ 6 for your final polish.
That's the kind of info I was looking for, thanks. Is it ok to use them in the sun like poorboys?

Old 09-28-2006, 09:03 PM
not in my experience. the older formula tended to dry very quickly. recently people have been mixing in Clearkote RMG to avoid it drying so quickly

Old 09-29-2006, 12:58 AM
i would look into the Optimum line of compounds/polishes. I tried the Poorboy's line of SSR1, 2.5, 3 and was impressed except for the amount of dusting it caused. I found that Optimum Compound to be comparable in abrasiveness to SSR2.5 but has an infinite work time and does not dust up. Just my .02 cents though.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:18 AM
Concours d'Elegance
I use Menzerna in the sun on a regular basis - even on black vehicles in the dead of summer (100-ish degrees).

Just be smart and do one panel at a time then wipe clean. If it's around 100, I usually put a WW MF dampened with water on the panel about to be buffed a few minutes before...This helps take the temp down.

Optimum Car Polish is also another very good polish that works great in the sun.

I use Z-PC a lot now too, from Zaino. Just mist your pad with Z6 spray detailer and Z-PC can be used with great results, in the sun.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:49 AM
hrm, it's interesting that you say that. i've never had good experience w/ menzerna in direct sunlight. which was the main reason i switched to PBs. in the shade tho, menzerna is a champ

Old 09-29-2006, 10:16 AM
I don't see to many 100 degree days in Ottawa, usually just in the 80's. I use Zaino now and really like their stuff so I will probably give the ZPC a try. If I dont get the desired results then I'll go menzerna. Is the zpc as strong as FPII. I found this chart but Zaino isn't on it.http://www.dano.pocketrubbish.com/de...oductchart.htm

Old 09-29-2006, 11:56 AM
I concur that the Menzerna line of polishes (intensive polish and final polish II) is a little better than the Poorboy's World SSR 2.5 and SSR 1.0. I really like the cutting power of the Menzerna line and ability to remove haze from paint. I would get the Menzerna line personally if you have a buffer (PC 7424). If your doing the job by hand the SSRs work better IMO.

Last edited by Punchit; 09-29-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i use menzerna as well

Old 10-04-2006, 12:45 PM
I currently use Menzerna on my Explorer and the G. Best stuff I've ever used. The FMJ makes the finish supersmooth and it seems to be lasting quite well. My Explorer had a coat of FMJ added in August before I left for school and it's still as smooth as the day I did it even after sitting out for two months and not having the best washes. I <3 Menzerna!!

Old 10-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by RRF985
I currently use Menzerna on my Explorer and the G. Best stuff I've ever used. The FMJ makes the finish supersmooth and it seems to be lasting quite well. My Explorer had a coat of FMJ added in August before I left for school and it's still as smooth as the day I did it even after sitting out for two months and not having the best washes. I <3 Menzerna!!
I ordered the Menzerna line for my G, I also ordered the Optimum line for buddies and family members who want some polishing done too. It apparently works well also but it costs much less. Thanks to for the recommendations.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
ill be trying out the menzerna lineup tomorrow.i got the powergloss,intensivepolish and final polish 11.ill let you guys no how it goes,ive got some moderate to severe swirls that i covered up for a recent meet with fillers.looks real good with the fillers hiding all the swirls but they will be back,so now its time to get rid of them once and for all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poorboys Vs Menzerna