Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

9hrs swirl removal and Zaino.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by abcquackyxyz
didnt use no more than 2oz on my 6 coats...didnt use the buffer for the zaino i applied it by hand..the buffer was used for the sonus swirl removal..
Do you use "dime" size drops like the manufacture suggests? That seems like it would take forever.
On a side note, the NY distributor for Zaino told me yesterday to stay away from micro fiber towels and use only American cotton, preferably Martha Stewart's. The reason being, all shipments of micro fiber towels are not consistent. One out of every ten batches or so will scratch the paint.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice!

Old 10-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
excellant work and i know it makes you proud that you did it and didnt have to pay to get it done.i got my pc about a month ago and tried pinnacle products which didnt work so i went with menzerna and wooow.people were saying it took you 6 hours....what are you nuts it shouldnt take that long.well if they only new.looks awesome.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:02 PM
that's a nice job...mirror mirror

Old 10-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I can never find any of these products in the market. where would i find them?

Old 10-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mixturepinoy
Search on autopia.org, best detailing site around

Old 10-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by 6MTzer
Do you use "dime" size drops like the manufacture suggests? That seems like it would take forever.
On a side note, the NY distributor for Zaino told me yesterday to stay away from micro fiber towels and use only American cotton, preferably Martha Stewart's. The reason being, all shipments of micro fiber towels are not consistent. One out of every ten batches or so will scratch the paint.
yeah i actually use 100%cotton bath towels..they are even softer than my own bath towels but yeah a dime size would be sufficient for like half a hood or so.. it will take forever in the beginning but once you get the motion down it shouldnt take any longer than 10 mins. are you applying it in a linear motion? or are you swirling it when applying zaino??

Old 10-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
excellant work and i know it makes you proud that you did it and didnt have to pay to get it done.i got my pc about a month ago and tried pinnacle products which didnt work so i went with menzerna and wooow.people were saying it took you 6 hours....what are you nuts it shouldnt take that long.well if they only new.looks awesome.
yeah i am thinking about switching over to menzerna for the swirl removal products. it seems that the sonus is very gentle...i want something a lil more agressive since i am confident with the pc7424...

Old 10-09-2006, 12:41 PM
www.autopia.org
www.autogeek.net
www.topoftheline.com
these sites will have anything you will need to make the car sparkle.much better products then over the counter.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:44 PM
yeah i am thinking about switching over to menzerna for the swirl removal products. it seems that the sonus is very gentle...i want something a lil more agressive since i am confident with the pc7424...
i had some real severe swirls,cobwebbing and scratches,so with the rec of g35stilez.i went with menzerna powergloss,intensive polish and fpII and the results just blew me away.i love the reflections in your paint and i actually got that with my lazer red.but not quite as good as black paint ummmmm reflection,s.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
i had some real severe swirls,cobwebbing and scratches,so with the rec of g35stilez.i went with menzerna powergloss,intensive polish and fpII and the results just blew me away.i love the reflections in your paint and i actually got that with my lazer red.but not quite as good as black paint ummmmm reflection,s.
so how long did it take you to get the swirls off??? cause i am guessing it is more agressive..??

Old 10-09-2006, 01:56 PM
so how long did it take you to get the swirls off??? cause i am guessing it is more agressive..??
i spent about 5-6 hours.i first went with menzerna power gloss with a lc yellow pad then to intensive polish w/lc orange pad and finally to fpII with a lc white pad.finally some pinnacle xmt glaze and then poorboys natty,s blue.power gloss is pretty aggresive only use that if you have bad swirls,i would use ip for minor swirls followed by fpII.yes 95% of the swirls and scratches came out and next spring ill do it one more time to get the rest out.but you really have to look hard to see them now.this is a reflection of after being done(all 3 steps with no glaze or wax yet).the whole car looks like this now.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Premier Member

yeah i actually use 100%cotton bath towels..they are even softer than my own bath towels but yeah a dime size would be sufficient for like half a hood or so.. it will take forever in the beginning but once you get the motion down it shouldnt take any longer than 10 mins. are you applying it in a linear motion? or are you swirling it when applying zaino??
I haven't applied it yet, but the guy showed me the way to apply it. No swirling.
I think it was Sal Zaino's brother.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Premier Member

http://zainostore.com/

Old 10-09-2006, 04:49 PM
clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 9hrs swirl removal and Zaino.