Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Detailing Supplies Cart!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detailing Supplies Cart!

So I've had all my crap in piles for a while now. Then my wife told me I HAD to organize it all. The best I could figure out was some rubbermaid containers. Not perfect as you can see below.

I thought there has to be a better way. Plus it took me so much time to get everything ready to use, then find everything, UGH! When I saw one of those plastic utility carts being used at the mall, I thought one would be perfect! But, DAMN - $200, $300, $400 for a plain plastic cart?!?!?! I did find one online for $59, but after shipping a 50 pound box, it was still gonna be $90 and 10 - 12 days to get here!

I started hunting the Net for one... and low and behold - Northern Tool! Only $69.99! And there's a local N.T. in town! Total was $74.89 (and instant gradification!) And it even has a cup holder for my beer! :woot2:

So, if you're looking for a cart, here ya go!: Item# 143210 http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...9153_200319153

UNORGANIZED PILE OF DETAILING STUFF

BA-DA-BIG, BA-DA-BOOM! READY FOR ACTION!

Old 10-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
im like you in the first pic and dammit im gonna stay that way!!!

Old 10-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Nice but what are those brushes for? They look a bit too rough to be used for me, even on the wheels. I actually like to put stuff in tubberware containers to keep the dust out since they'll be in the garage anyways.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:01 AM
2 are for wheels, one for tires, one for interior. Theyre perfectly safe for their given surface. (looks like meguiars brushes, same ones I use)

Originally Posted by Espresso
Nice but what are those brushes for? They look a bit too rough to be used for me, even on the wheels. I actually like to put stuff in tubberware containers to keep the dust out since they'll be in the garage anyways.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:04 AM
That cart rocks! I know what I'm gonna be getting soon. Might want to get a tupperware just to keep the clean microfibers in, so they don't accidentally pick up any crap/dirt.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here is my stash

Old 10-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
cool i use a GriotsGarage cart. not the best pict...

Old 10-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
cool i use a GriotsGarage cart. not the best pict...

^^ dude that is a crazy picture of detailing stuff - it looks neater than a store - i could practically eat off that garage floor. too much. ive seen a place like that before- it was in my dreams nice going - my significant other would take you over me in a second!

Old 10-17-2006, 03:16 PM
since you guys seem to be detailin gurus i'm getting my pc7424 this week and i'm wondering what pads/accesories i should get to complete the package. i don't know what comes with the tool itself, im guessing not much.
I've heard good things about 'lake' pads and getting a velcro pad attachy thing...

Old 10-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Espresso
Nice but what are those brushes for? They look a bit too rough to be used for me, even on the wheels.
1 - Meguiar's Gold Class Ultra-Safe Wheel Brush
2 - Meguiar's Gold Class Versa-Angle Body Brush
3 - Meguiar's Gold Class Versa-Angle Tire Brush
4 - Meguiar's Gold Class Versa-Angle Wheel Face Brush, Long Handle

The nice thing about the Meg's brushes is that the short and long handles are interchangeable on all the brushes. #1 is great for cleaning the inside of the wheels. #2 works nicely on the car. It's SO very soft. The last two (#3, #4) I use on the face of the wheels and tires.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
cool i use a GriotsGarage cart.
I looked at that one. But, it's so narrow that I was worried about it tipping over if I bumped it. Also, it's kinda short isn't it? The one I got from N.T. is nice b/c it's wide and tall. Did I mention the beer holder? LOL LOL

Old 10-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Nightops
since you guys seem to be detailin gurus i'm getting my pc7424 this week and i'm wondering what pads/accesories i should get to complete the package. i don't know what comes with the tool itself, im guessing not much.
I've heard good things about 'lake' pads and getting a velcro pad attachy thing...
My suggestion would be to head over to Autopia.org, "The Style, Appearance and Show Community for Car Enthusiasts." http://autopia.org/forum/ Autopia is dedicated to detailing and you'll find more than enough info there. Use the search feature to look up anything. OH, and it's all FREE!

Old 10-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Nightops
^^ dude that is a crazy picture of detailing stuff - it looks neater than a store - i could practically eat off that garage floor. too much. ive seen a place like that before- it was in my dreams nice going - my significant other would take you over me in a second!

lol! thanks. as far as pads, im using the GriotsGarage set with
the orange and red pads, so not sure wat to recommend for PC.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by delikid
I looked at that one. But, it's so narrow that I was worried about it tipping over if I bumped it. Also, it's kinda short isn't it? The one I got from N.T. is nice b/c it's wide and tall. Did I mention the beer holder? LOL LOL

the Griot's cart is actually very balanced... wont tip over unless you got
the brakes on and bumped it with a fatass. yeh, mine's running the
Prokits so that's why it's so low. jk imho, it's a perfect height.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:15 PM
here's another pict..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Detailing Supplies Cart!