Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

I hate to do it... Another Zaino Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wash Day Pictures...with new product...

I have been meticulous with the care of my cars for decades. I just bought a G35 2006 Sedan two months ago to replace my 1993 XJ6 which was totalled (hit/run DUI).

After buying the G35 (yes it's a better ride than my XJ6 - BTW my XJ6 was a flawless car for 13 years, hard to believe) I started reading the G35 forums here and everywhere and Zaino kept coming up. I was skeptical.

I just had a bunch of time last Saturday*. Since the car was two months old, I opted to NOT USE Dawn as the prewash. Reason? I knew that there was hardly any wax on the car paint. I know the dealer only washed the car. And I gently washed it with very religious use of a duster and Meguars's Quick Detailer (no wax). However, if I knew this car was polished with wax, I would have opted for Dawn, but took the gamble and it paid off. I even noticed some very slight degradation in the black plastics (very slight) after using the much gentler C7. In my opinion, using the heavy akaline based Dawn would have been more dramatic on the rubber and black plastics. Just my .02.

- I washed with Zaino, Z7.
- Claybarred the whole car with Z-18 (first time I used clay - it was easy using 1/2 cap of car wash into a 16 oz. spray bottle as the lubricant)
- Then applied Z2 mixed with ZFX, including the wheels.
- Then sprayed on Z6.
- I used Z-16 on the tires.

3 1/2 hours later! Wow... I will never go back to wax. I cancelled my VIP car wash (hand wash) membership ($30/ month unlimited car wash).

Thanks Sal and Ira (LA Zaino)!

*The only downside is I know my neighbors think I am certifiable crazy - I will absolutely fail any FBI background screening from my neighbors. I started washing my car when it was still raining. I didn't care.. I wanted to pre-wash the car and get it ready for an inside the garage polish. But the neighbors were driving by thinking, that guy needs to be locked up, bat-sh*t crazy. :-) It turns out by the time I started polishing, the rain stopped!

Attached Thumbnails I hate to do it... Another Zaino Thread-zaino-day-front-side-driver.jpg  

Last edited by Sergei; 10-17-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:27 PM
OMG. that's looks amazing.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
looks great,and yes you now have the addiction.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im a detail nut, and for a silver car, that's one of the most amazing results i've seen.

great job!!

Old 10-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
trust me the 3 and a half hours you spent on the car was....worth it looks great and the feeling that you did that to your car yourself ...is priceless i have the same feeling of accomplishment at times but not for cleaning my car

Old 10-16-2006, 11:31 PM
great pictures! i also used zaino for the first time over the weekend and the products are amazing. my car has never looked this shiny before. the hard work is well worth it at the end

Old 10-16-2006, 11:49 PM
all by hand?

Old 10-17-2006, 02:34 AM
Very nice. I would have still used the Dawn to remove any and all impurities on the car. Only because Zaino is a polymer polish that chemically bonds to the paint and will seal anything between it. At this point, it'll negate all the hard work you've put into, but I think it'll make a difference. That's my $.02.

The other recommendation would be to replace Z6 with the Z8 Grand Finale Spray. You will definitely see a difference. I was skeptical at first, especially because of the added cost. But, at the recommendation of a professional detailer, I bought it, and boy the difference was incredible.

Z8 Grand Finale Spray Seal

After you finish using the Z2, try Z5. Although it's made for darker cars, it can be used for both light/dark and also removes minor scratches. Gives a little deeper color and smell great too.

Z-5 PRO Show Car Polish

Last edited by tod071; 10-17-2006 at 02:42 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by Hitman_
all by hand?
No other way to 'Zaino'!

Well, you could use a machine, but would use 2-3 times as much Zaino. If you insist on using a machine, you're better off not using Zaino and using something like Klasse.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Concours d'Elegance
Looks great!

I'm glad you've seen the light. I made the switch about a year ago and haven't looked back. Having tried most products out there, I haven't found anything to come close.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Hitman_
all by hand?
Yes sir! Applying Z2 and taking it off was effortless - compared to the Zaino's wax counterparts. Waxing I would definitely consider a Porter Cable, but in my opinion it's overkill with Zaino. Especially on a G35. Suburban yes, G35 coupe or Sedan... that's overkill.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by tod071
Very nice. I would have still used the Dawn to remove any and all impurities on the car. Only because Zaino is a polymer polish that chemically bonds to the paint and will seal anything between it. At this point, it'll negate all the hard work you've put into, but I think it'll make a difference. That's my $.02.

The other recommendation would be to replace Z6 with the Z8 Grand Finale Spray. You will definitely see a difference. I was skeptical at first, especially because of the added cost. But, at the recommendation of a professional detailer, I bought it, and boy the difference was incredible.

Z8 Grand Finale Spray Seal

After you finish using the Z2, try Z5. Although it's made for darker cars, it can be used for both light/dark and also removes minor scratches. Gives a little deeper color and smell great too.

Z-5 PRO Show Car Polish

Hmmm... Dawn. I debated using Dawn for many hours. I have read the pro and cons over many forum groups. I just didn't want the harm on the rubber and plastic parts. But, I am planning another wash this weekend. Now that you planted that thought in my head. You mean I can get squeeze more shine from this car?

Man,, I would be a riding mirror machine.

And the Z5, I just ordered it. I found some very minor swirls, spider webs on the hood. I haven't tried the Z8. I hear it's tricky to apply (must be shaken before each squirt) and tricky to take off. Thoughts on your end on using the Z8? So far, the Zaino system of products are distincted by their ease of use.

Last edited by Sergei; 10-17-2006 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Car looks amazing, glad you joined the zany...err, zaino camp

Old 10-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Wipe on..........wipe off

Thanks for sharing the pic of your G.........very clean!

Old 10-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by madchef
Car looks amazing, glad you joined the zany...err, zaino camp
I am gone... over the edge. I am addicted to shine. I have place 3 orders at LAZAINO over the past two weeks. And I realized after last weekend - I started tallying my consumption so far... well this stuff is like a drug. At least it's legal. :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I hate to do it... Another Zaino Thread