Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

california car duster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 03:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: california car duster

I would not worry about it scratching your car so long as u r not using it to clean the car.. Works great to get that daily dust off though.

Old 11-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: california car duster

One word of caution.

When I first got my Cali-duster I forgot to follow the "seasoning" instructions. The instructions say to set it out in the sun on newspaper and allow the excess parafin to melt away basically.

I just started using it immediately to remove the loose dust before driving each morning and sometimes before driving home. With the duster sitting in my hot trunk all day at work, the parafin becomes softer so wiping the car in the afternoons was leaving some streaks.

I also noticed my clearbra was getting cloudy. I thought the duster (or something) had damaged it somehow. I finally guessed that it was just the excess wax so I just washed the car with Dawn dishwashing liquid and that cleared it right up.

Once you've used the Cali-duster for a while you'll love it. Just get rid of the extra wax first...

<font color=blue>Twilight Blue/Willow, Nav, Aero, 6MT, Splashguards, Clearbra, Tint, Sirius, Ground Wires, EBC Greenstuff...</font color=blue>