Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino for dummies . Zaino-Lite and Zaino 101

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by kewltea
What brand do you use? I purchased some from Target, Walmart and Costco
To be honest, I used to use cheap MF towels. Thanks to some education from another member, I switched to a good quality MF towel. Years ago, I would use a 100% cotton towel on my car, NEVER again. Have fun.

http://www.eshine.ca/products.php?cat=26

Old 01-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
To be honest, I used to use cheap MF towels. Thanks to some education from another member, I switched to a good quality MF towel. Years ago, I would use a 100% cotton towel on my car, NEVER again. Have fun.

http://www.eshine.ca/products.php?cat=26

When you say cheap, what do you mean? I've read through a few posts on autopia and the Target ones (Vroom) and walmart ones (walmart brand WW) got pretty good reviews. I did the CD tests on those and they didn't scratch (except for the edging which I plan to trim off). I'm hoping these won't scatch!!!

Old 01-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Traveling Administrator
When you say cheap, what do you mean? I've read through a few posts on autopia and the Target ones (Vroom) and walmart ones (walmart brand WW) got pretty good reviews. I did the CD tests on those and they didn't scratch (except for the edging which I plan to trim off). I'm hoping these won't scatch!!!
Well, I really cant vouch for any specific brands.....but this is what I can offer from my own experience.

Years ago, I used to use a typical 100% cotton towel to apply wax/polish to my car(s). I got educated from another member here and switched to MF towels. I purchased MF towels locally (Canadian Tire) and they seem to work okay. I got a little more edutcated and ordered more MF towels from www.eshine.ca. The towels that I recieved from eshine were significantly thicker and well worth it. Bottom line, dont cheap out on the items you use to detail your G.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The reason the un-initiated think Zaino is hard to use it because it's the only sealant that comes with instructions. What people don't understand is that those instructions apply to *all* sealants, not just Zaino.

On the flip side, one of the major reasons a lot of people are so enamored with Zaino is because if they follow the instructions they end up with a much, much better result than if they use another sealant without washing, claying, etc.

I think Z5pro is a fantastic product, I use it on all the dark cars I detail before winter. Easy to use, great durability, and looks good.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i can't wait for the weather to clear up... /me goes off to order a zaino set.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Me personally, I wouln't use anything but MF towels on my G. No cotton towels touch my G at all.
On the other side, I use only high quality cotton towels with Zaino, as recommended. Now understand, these towels are a) brand-new, b) nicer than any towels the family uses , and c) get washed separately and dried without dryer sheets.

No probs at all. They're the nice white ones from Target.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Well, I really cant vouch for any specific brands.....but this is what I can offer from my own experience.

Years ago, I used to use a typical 100% cotton towel to apply wax/polish to my car(s). I got educated from another member here and switched to MF towels. I purchased MF towels locally (Canadian Tire) and they seem to work okay. I got a little more edutcated and ordered more MF towels from www.eshine.ca. The towels that I recieved from eshine were significantly thicker and well worth it. Bottom line, dont cheap out on the items you use to detail your G.
Thanks for the info Shane, so you are saying the Simoniz MF towels from Crappy Tire (the thick blue ones) are not as good as the ones from eshine. Looks like they cost about the same. If you are saying they seem much better than perhaps I will switch and order some in from Eshine before the warmer weather gets here.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Thanks for the info Shane, so you are saying the Simoniz MF towels from Crappy Tire (the thick blue ones) are not as good as the ones from eshine. Looks like they cost about the same. If you are saying they seem much better than perhaps I will switch and order some in from Eshine before the warmer weather gets here.
Wayne, the ones I have from CT are Simoniz but they are yellow. I ordered some new MF towels from eshine last week (and their shipping time is incredibly quick) and I find them to be much better quality than the CT ones. These are the ones I got from eshine.

http://www.eshine.ca/proddetail.php?prod=10
http://www.eshine.ca/proddetail.php?prod=163

Old 01-28-2007, 02:09 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Wayne, the ones I have from CT are Simoniz but they are yellow. I ordered some new MF towels from eshine last week (and their shipping time is incredibly quick) and I find them to be much better quality than the CT ones. These are the ones I got from eshine.

http://www.eshine.ca/proddetail.php?prod=10
http://www.eshine.ca/proddetail.php?prod=163
Thanks I appreciate it Shane, I will order a bunch as soon as I get back from holidays. I actually think these are less expensive than what I was getting at Crappy.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Ok I've been doing ALOT of research on car detailing. I picked up a 100% Sheepskin mitt (Eurow brand) from Walmart as it was recommended by some people on autopia. I did the CD test and it scratched the hell outa it. Are you guys sticking with 100% cotton when using Zaino? Anyone try any microfibers?
great idea ... off to find a coaster cd

Old 02-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Those Eurow brand sheepskins are hit and miss; same as the vroom mfs. Always try the cd test first. I use 100% sheepskin to wash, and microfiber for everything else. I get my mf's from pakshak or detailedimage.com.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Question

Do you have to mask the black rubber door or hood seals when you Zaino?

Old 02-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Another Zaino Cult posting.............

Hello Zaino cult members, you would think from the giant list of steps involved
in using Zaino you could achieve better results. Ask Kevin which wax is
longer lasting and looks better from the get go........I'll be his answer is Zymol
I've been watching his postings for a couple of years and he really is one of
the best I've ever seen..........to bad he lives so far north of my location!

Old 02-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Trance_G35
great idea ... off to find a coaster cd
If it helps, I always wash new mits before using them; wash them with a decent (i.e. non-bleach, non-softener, etc. etc.) detergent, and dry them without dryer sheets.

Do NOT use softener.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by gary c
Hello Zaino cult members, you would think from the giant list of steps involved
in using Zaino you could achieve better results. Ask Kevin which wax is
longer lasting and looks better from the get go........I'll be his answer is Zymol
I've been watching his postings for a couple of years and he really is one of
the best I've ever seen..........to bad he lives so far north of my location!
You've got that right Gary, Kevin does absolutely incredible work. I have learnt a TON from him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Zaino for dummies . Zaino-Lite and Zaino 101