Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Tint Combo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tint Combo

Anybody have any good suggestions on window tint % or recommend someones ride to view? Thanks... :^)

Old 02-03-2003, 03:55 PM
VNT
Re: Tint Combo

What's legal in your state?

Old 02-07-2003, 04:55 PM

Im guessing it depend son what you like. I got dark in the back and medium in the front on my OLD car.. on the G however i wanted LIMO tint all around.. Im not sure what % is it.. but I think it looks great... if you get a non-dye based tint its better becuase you can see lighter from the inside out...

..pestilence..

Old 02-07-2003, 04:58 PM

i got 30% its perfect!

Old 02-07-2003, 08:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do realize that limo tint in the front is illegal in CA and many other states, right? [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 02-07-2003, 09:41 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

limo tint all around is illegal in all states i believe, well maybe not montana or those states where the population of cows or potatoes, is greater than that of humans..

I wouldnt recommend Limo tint on the rear windshield because it is slanted to an extreme degree and thus will look darker than what you expect it to look like...also much more difficult to see out of, at night.

Limo = 5% tint, meaning 5% of light passes thru (thats what i was told)

i would recommend 45% on the sides and 30% on the rear, NO tint on the front windshield thats dangerous and very illegal,
Also i recommend 'smoke tint' or 'smoking' the windows meaning semi-reflective tint. It will look gorgeous and you can still see out of your windows at night and your radar detector will still work fine.

Make sure you find an installer that you can trust, that will have lifetime warranty and one that wont go out of business in a year. The darker your tint, the more likely a police officer will pull you over because they cant see who is driving. Usually they dont care too much but if you Limo (darkest tint) all around then you better have a doctor's note saying that your eyes are extremely sensitive to light and that you need the tint there in order to drive.
Good Luck.

<font color=blue>-Rambo</font color=blue>
All your base are belong to us!

Old 02-09-2003, 02:46 AM

I got 30% in the front and 18% in the rear and back windows.

I tinted my windows with Llumar which Is the best kind of film out there IMO. It is a blackish tint with silver mirror effect. Really badass and luxurious! Looks like something the dealer would have done

Old 02-09-2003, 03:09 AM

Actually, any tinting of the forward windows, that is not applied from the factory, not dealer, in CA is illegal. You can be cited for violation of 26708(a)(2)CVC.

You can apply tint to the front windshield if the bottom edge of the material is at least 29" above the undepressed driver's seat when measured from a point 5" in front of the bottom of the backrest with the driver's seat in the rear most and lower most position with the vehicle on a level surface.

And when the rear window is tinted you must have a right hand side mirror that will allow you to view the roadway for a distance of at least 200' to the rear.

Old 02-09-2003, 12:45 PM

Interesting. I've been running around SoCal for several years in a 92 Accord with the front windows tinted, and a little "Texas DOT-Approved" sticker on them. (Guess where I came from.) Never had trouble with it. Even got stopped once for speeding, and the cop didn't mention the tint. My fronts weren't too dark, I don't remember exactly, somewhere around 30%.. it was an oddball number. I think the back and rear were 18%.

Old 02-09-2003, 07:46 PM

had ATR 35% HP (High Performance Metal) Llumar film all around on my moms Audi A4, it look pretty sick, and I have 50% on mine....Llumar has a lifetime warranty too

Old 02-11-2003, 02:00 AM

I've noticed when I'm in SoCal there are a lot of vehicles with tinted forward windows. It seems are either more lenient down there or can't keep up with the sheer number of vehicles with it. I know enforcement here in the SF Bay Area is more stringent.

Old 02-11-2003, 10:15 AM
b0h

Yeah but i wonder...
It's illegal to tint the front, so say you smash into someone big time, and do alotta damage
you'll have no insurance coverage since you have illegally tinted windows that affect your view (true??)?

Old 02-11-2003, 01:29 PM

I think we're refering to the front side windows. You should never tint your windshield. Insurance will still cover you. Your liability will cover the other car if it's your fault, and if you have full coverage, your car too. Though, they may raise your rates or drop your coverage after the claim.

Old 03-13-2003, 02:16 AM

I got 4% on the back window, and 20% on the side and doors. I think that I may have gone alittle too dark on the sides, given how dark the rear is. You can see my car on the rides area, page 6.

<font color=blue>2003 Caribbean Blue Coupe
6MT Prem, Aero, Nav.</font color=blue>[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2003, 03:55 PM

Ive got an appt for my tint on Saturday. Im getting 5% on the back window and 15% on all the sides, just like I had on my Maxima. I will take some pics next week. Im in FL. The sun is HOT!

2003.5 Sedan / White & Willow / Premium / Navi / Sport / Aero

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tint Combo