Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Need Help !!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help !!!!

I had my car in a parking garage when it was raining. When I got back from work I had white stains on my windshield, hood and side of my car. I got the car washed and and some of the stains won't come off. When I run my finger over it, it feels rough. I tried a little wax with cleanser but that didn't do anything. I'm guessing these are lime stains from the water dripping through the concrete above me.

I hope someone knows of a way to take this off.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Concours d'Elegance
I would make sure the surface is clean, then clay it.

It is probably just a mineral deposit lying on the surface. After claying, be sure to polish by hand or PC to remove any remaining substance. You will want to reach for a polish with some cleaner in it - IE Zaino AIO.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just hope that it isn't acid etching from something that shouldn't have been there!

Old 03-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
if it's from a overhead cement ceiling, then its probably calcium or lime deposits that are leeching out of the concrete.

Maybe a solution of distilled water and alcohol...or don't laugh, yeah vinegar may help to dissolve any hard deposits.....bet you never thought to d0uche your car finsih before

Old 03-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Its definitely from the concrete.

Thanks for the ideas. I stopped by a body shop because I unfortunatly need to have some things fixed and he was able to remove some of it with compound.

Thanks for the ideas.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:30 PM
I had the same exact problem. My parking spot is underneath and when it rains the concreted drips limestone. It would come off either. I brought it detailing places and they said they would wetsand it and then buff it out. They said they weren't positive if they could get it out. They wrote up this big estimate and I decided to try it on my own. Like the person above said, vinegar is the only thing that removes limestone!! Vinegar with a lot of rubbing. Then I washed it off right away and polished it. I got it all out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.