Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Infiniti Front End Mask (bra)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti Front End Mask (bra)

Anybody use the infiniti front end mask (bra) on their Coupe?
I have only been able to find the one made for Infiniti, sold by Infiniti. Anybody got pics of one installed on a Coupe. Do they scratch your paint? I'm considering purchasing one from Grubb's who has them for $89. Thanks for any tips you can provide

Old 12-08-2003, 09:19 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Infiniti Front End Mask (bra)

There is another one out there that comes with or w/out the license plate cutout. If you live where one isn't required it looks a lot better. Unfortunately I can't remember which online supplier had them.

Russ

Black w/willow, 6MT Coupe, nav, aero, V1, PS2, & TVs all up in the headrests.
Jax, FL

Old 12-08-2003, 10:00 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

i'm not sure what kind grubbs has, but i'll make a plug for <font color=red>strictlyZ</font color=red>. they have the colgan bra that trentecinque is talking about. as for scratching paint, i've read that as long as you wax before you attach the bra, you're fine. and good luck getting the bra on. i'm told that it takes a little bit of sweat and muscle to get on.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 12-12-2003, 08:57 PM

Jackson,

I have the OEM Infiniti bra and I like it. At first I only planned to use it on long road trips or during then winter when they throw down that salt/sand mixture here in Dallas when it gets icy (after the ice clears it is like a sand blaster on the front of your car!!).

However I have decided after putting up with all of the rock chips on my old CL I am going to live with a little wear in the clear coat from the Bra. I used a half bra on my old CL and in certain light you could notice where the edge of the bra was in the clear coat but a coat of wax would take care of that and you wouldn't even know it was there!

I prefer the stock bra opposed to the Colgan because the OEM bra has only a slight ridge along the top of it on the bra whereas the Colgan has these huge tiangular shaped deflectors on the top edge of the bra.

And yes it is TOUGH to put on. Have the dealer install for first time and watch because it has some weird connectors.

I will try ot post a pic on my DG coupe as soon as I cam.

Old 12-13-2003, 02:15 AM

I just took mine off after having it on for about 6 months. There was no wear on the clear coat at all. I plant on keeping it off. I though it was fugly looking. Going clear bra as soon as my new paint cures.

Old 12-15-2003, 08:08 PM

Pics of my bra:<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by jcotten05 on 12/15/03 05:09 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 12-15-2003, 08:12 PM

trying to post pic!

155067-P1010198web.JPG

Old 12-15-2003, 09:23 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Colgan bra only has those triangle things on the sedan version it appears. I'm sure if you have a sedan you could remove them very easily. It would look better than the big license plate cutout for those of us that don't require one.

Russ

Black w/willow, 6MT Coupe, nav, aero, V1, PS2, & TVs all up in the headrests.
Jax, FL

Old 12-15-2003, 10:26 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I do a bit of highway driving and ordered the Colgan bra from strictly Z a cpl weeks ago. I have to say it actually appears to fit alot better than the Infiniti one. The one pictured in this thread (above) seems to bunch up in certain areas and does not look like a good fit around the grill area. Also no cut out area in front for license plate on the colgan. The Colgan fits like a glove and was not to hard to put on at all, leave out in the sun for 45 mins to soften it up before you put on and it is rather simple. I do reccomend not keeping it on all the time tho. I check mine every couple days to make sure no leaves or dust/dirt get trapped under it or it could scratch the finish. Also wait at least 2-4 hours after waxing to put on so the wax can set and dry properly. Moisture under a bra = bad for paint.

2004 Coupe, 5AT, Twilight blue / Willow int. Mtek Xenon Fog/High, Clear corners, Hypers, 18's, Aero, tint, Premium.

Old 12-18-2003, 08:16 PM

I installed my infiniti bra today on my sedan. I wasnt that hard to do. I am very pleased with the fit on it though. One of the best fittinb bras I have seen on a car. for the price you cant go wrong.

"Dont start none, Wont be none"