Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ask a Professional Detailer...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by JMZ_blkobsidian
Klasse SG and Natty's blue from you after speaking with someone at your company. Good advice and great service!

Cheers,
JMZ
JMZ - Glad to hear you had a pleasant experience with our company. We put a lot of pride in having top notch customer service and hope to continue to meet and exceed your expectations from an online vendor. Thank you once again for your support.

Originally Posted by harley01
I also vote for 106ff. I polished my car for the first time ever and was with a PC and amazed how easy it was. Used the LC orange followed up with a LC white. Having the Halogen light stand really showed me how much the polish was removing all the fine swirls. I love my black car again!
I agree this product could be the premier finishing polish on the market at the moment. Have yet to find a polish that not only has a medium cut to it but also finishes down further than any other product I have tested. Glad to hear you've also had great experiences with the po106ff as well harley01!

Originally Posted by bwassul
What are the advantages/disadvantages of Menzerna FPII vs. PO106ff???
Here is some info comparing the two products mentioned.
  • PO106ff falls between Intensive Polish and Final Polish II as far as cutting ability
  • PO106ff finishes down finer than Final Polish II - yielding more depth and more gloss and more swirls and imperfections removed
  • Potential time saver with PO106ff if you plan on using Intensive Polish and Final Polish II
  • Lower cost per coat if you compare 1 coat of PO106ff vs 1 coat of Intensive Polish and 1 coat of Final Polish II
This is how I came up with my reasoning behind it being more cost effective:

If you compare the cost using 3oz of product per coat:

PO106ff = $4.69 / coat @ 3oz per coat
(1 bottle ~ 10 - 12 coats)

vs.

Intensive Polish 16oz = $3.00 / coat @ 3oz per coat
Final Polish II 16oz = $3.00 / coat @ 3oz per coat

If your swirls and imperfections are not severe you may be able to get away with one quality coat of PO106ff which costs $4.69 instead of the additional time needed to perform two coats of polish which totals $6 of product all said and done.

This product works great on a rotary buffer and on a Porter Cable. This is one of the only products I consider going right from the rotary to applying a sealant or wax without worrying about rotary haze or holograms because of how fine it finishes down. I know picus uses this polish on his customers vehicles to achieve his professional quality results.

Great questions everyone, I see a lot of thought being put into the questions which shows everyone wants to improve their standards of detailing!

George @ Detailed Image

Old 04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to have to order some more detailing stuff soon after all this .

What about special treatment for a clear bra? I have one, and although it has a clear coat, I'm hesitant to treat it as aggressively as the rest of the car.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Brian
^^Someone just posted in another thread that clear bra's swirl extremely easily...is there any truth to that?

Old 04-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Ok can someone help me out with this. I am getting my interior detailed tomorrow cuz I have never done it. I went to place by me that does pretty good work, and they said they do it. Does anyone know about how much I should expect to be charged to do a nice detail of the interior ONLY and what it consists of. Also, is there anything I should suggest them to do? Thanks, detailed image or anyone that can help.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by bwassul
I'm going to have to order some more detailing stuff soon after all this .

What about special treatment for a clear bra? I have one, and although it has a clear coat, I'm hesitant to treat it as aggressively as the rest of the car.
bwassul - Sounds great, let me know if there is anything I can give you a hand with. As far as the clear bra, I would keep away from it with abrasive polishes. I typically would hit those areas with a product like Klasse AIO which will help chemically clean any fading or oxidation as well as give it a coat of protection. Sometimes I would tape off the edges to ensure that no product would get stuck along the edges and streak or smear when you wash or it rains, plus I think it takes away from the detail job when you can see the outline of the clear bra with product build up. You'll have to post up some pictures of your hard work when you are done! =)

Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
^^Someone just posted in another thread that clear bra's swirl extremely easily...is there any truth to that?
I would say that clear coats and clear bras both swirl fairly easily. Best thing to do is to research the proper tools and techniques to help minimize the risk of adding more of them.

Originally Posted by GThIrtYFiZle
Ok can someone help me out with this. I am getting my interior detailed tomorrow cuz I have never done it. I went to place by me that does pretty good work, and they said they do it. Does anyone know about how much I should expect to be charged to do a nice detail of the interior ONLY and what it consists of. Also, is there anything I should suggest them to do? Thanks, detailed image or anyone that can help.
I'll give you an idea of what I performed for our interior details. I charged $100 for this service or $85 with the purchase of an exterior.
  • Blow out cracks, crevices and other hard to reach areas
  • Removed and bagged any item remaining in the interior
  • Clean vinyl, rubber and plastic with 303 Aerospace Cleaner (aka Fabric Cleaner)
  • Protect dash and doors with 303 Aerospace Protectant
  • Used Leatherique Prestine Clean on leather parts of interior
  • Extracted the carpets and mats (and upholstery seats upon request)
  • Cleaned glass with Stoner's Invisible Glass
  • Added scent of choice
  • Quick detailed door jambs

Optional services I offered:

Full leather rejuvenation with Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil
Fabric Guard interior carpets and upholstery
Headliner cleaning (I'd include spot treating a couple stains in the basic interior)
Show car preps - would have seats and other basic pieces removed to completely clean and a few additional steps

Usually speaking with detailing, you get what you pay for. A skilled professional usually understands the value of their work and knows they can charge a premium over their competition (or lack there of for high end work). I've seen interiors range anywhere from $25 - $250. One thing I'd advise against is getting your interior steam cleaned, I've seen more horror stories come from that then good. Let us know how it turns out.

Hope this helps!

George @ Detailed Image

Old 04-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome to the site..

i bought the menzerna package from you guys..shipping was fast and reliable...

hope to purchase more in the future.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Premier Member

What are your thoughts on Zanio?

Old 04-06-2007, 04:26 AM
Just put in my order for Menzernas Intensive Polish & Final Polish, and also the hand applicator kit. Cant wait to recieve the products and put a end to most of the swirls on my G..o thanks for the member discount George. If you ever need a Honda PM me.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by startazin
welcome to the site..

i bought the menzerna package from you guys..shipping was fast and reliable...

hope to purchase more in the future.
startazin - We greatly appreciate the support and positive feedback, we look forward to providing you with your detailing supplies for years to come.

Originally Posted by hai109
What are your thoughts on Zanio?
Great question. I think that Sal has a great line of products that has their place in high quality automotive detailing. I am a fan of their Z2, Z5 for their durability and ability to hide imperfections. For paint correction, I usually look elsewhere but their sealants and quick detailers work great. Haven't used their leather products but have also heard good things about them as well.

Once you are looking at the higher quality lines of products... process and techniques has a much bigger impact than which product you use.

Originally Posted by Queenskid24
Just put in my order for Menzernas Intensive Polish & Final Polish, and also the hand applicator kit. Cant wait to recieve the products and put a end to most of the swirls on my G..o thanks for the member discount George. If you ever need a Honda PM me.
Queenskid24 - Thanks for the positive feedback. I think you'll really enjoy the results from the hand applicator kit and the Menzerna line of polishes. You'll have to keep us posted on your results.

I'll let you know if I'm in the market for a new Honda

George @ Detailed Image

Old 04-09-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
I've had great luck with both products over FMJ, ideally after you've let the FMJ cure for a day or so. On lighter colored vehicles I use P21s Concours Carnauba Wax and on darker colored vehicles I use Pinnacle Souveran. Another wax that looks great on darker colored vehicles, if you don't want to spring for Pinnacle is Poorboy's Natty's Blue Paste Wax. Pinnacle does look the deepest and wettest in my eyes, but lacks in the durability department. All 3 waxes mentioned are very easy to use and very easy to work with and will work great on any colored vehicle, but those are my preferences on which ones I use on what colored vehicles.

What color vehicle would this be going on?

George @ Detailed Image
sorry for the late reply, its black, and i do not chea tout on her. going to order some pinnacle, fmj, and some other stuff from you shortly. thanks for the suggestions!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 01:49 AM
another question...

whats your experience with letherique??? obviously you believe in it if you sell it, but how are the results compared to say... meguiars and aerospace?

70 is a lot to swallow for cleaner and conditioner, but if it absoultely makes it like new, it may be worth it for a twice a year cleanup or so.

thanks agian!

Old 04-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by LIUser
another question...

whats your experience with letherique??? obviously you believe in it if you sell it, but how are the results compared to say... meguiars and aerospace?

70 is a lot to swallow for cleaner and conditioner, but if it absoultely makes it like new, it may be worth it for a twice a year cleanup or so.

thanks agian!

Glad to hear you're going to try the FMJ and Pinnacle combo, it should look stunning!

Leatherique is my personal favorite for leather care. It is a product I sell, use professionally and personally. The Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean combination is pricey but it's very high quality and will keep your leather clean and well conditioned. The Rejuvenator Oil is a product I use about 1 - 3 times a year depending on conditions. If it's well cared for and lightly used once would be fine, but if it gets lots of traffic and sun exposure 3 times a year may work best. The Prestine Clean can be used more frequently or as needed. The basic concept is to apply the Rejuvenator Oil first and let it soak in to the seats. Preferably let the vehicle sit in direct sun to help open the leather's pores and absorb more of the conditioners. After that you can apply the Leatherique Prestine Clean right on top of the seats. I let it soak for about 15 minutes and then wipe it off with a damp cloth, followed by a dry. This will leave your leather clean and soft with a 100% matte finish. I usually apply the Rejuvenator 1 - 2 times a year and the Prestine Clean 3 - 4 times a year.

The 303 Aerospace Protectant is meant to protect leather from harmful UV rays. It does not have cleaning or conditioning agents in it. This is a great step to do after applying Leatherique for extended protection. "SPF 40 for your stuff" is there slogan and it works great on leather seats, dashboards, doors, arm rests, tires, engine casings, etc.

As for Megs I have not tried their products so I can talk about them specifically. However I have tried Lexol and I would consider the results significantly better.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

George @ Detailed Image

Old 04-09-2007, 07:33 PM
George . . . .

Can I get your suggestion for the best product to clean very good condition paint on an IP. I'll be using a PC btw

Old 04-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Premier Member

How come we don't get good detailers around our areas....Boo...Thanks for the information...

Old 04-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by SCoupe
George . . . .

Can I get your suggestion for the best product to clean very good condition paint on an IP. I'll be using a PC btw
I use Poorboys SR2.5 and SR2 with my PC and have been very happy with the results. I am sure George will give you some good suggestions as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer...