Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

anyone tried Zaino on wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone tried Zaino on wheels?

i've been researching lately on how to detail the paint on the G and will be trying out some of the zaino products on my car. the paint is dull, flat, and somewhat swirly. then i got to thinking since it works marvels on paint, would it work on wheels too??

anyone tried this on the polished lips?

reason i ask is because my wheels have some minor scratches and I want to try and get them looking like new. think the scratch remover would work since they are clear coated??

Old 03-31-2007, 04:56 PM
Yes, Zaino does work on wheels. The wheels are just like clear coated, paint. So treat them like paint. I have used Z2P on the wheels and they wash up quite nice. I just treat the wheels with Z6 QD after a Z7 wash. The brake dust is minimal, and just squirts away. A big thumbs up on using Zaino on wheels.

In regards to scratches on your wheels... It's the same as paint. If you can feel it with your finger nail, well it's going to be rough to buff out. You can try using a paint polish like Zaino's ZPC. Or something harsher. Otherwise, you may need to go to a professional wheel restorer. I did that to my scratched wheels my dealer did when they rotated them. They paid for the fix. :-) But I did get some slight overspray around the wheels on the nearby fenders. It was OK, I just got out the Zaino clay (Z18) and they overspray was eliminated.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by redzzand
anyone tried this on the polished lips?

reason i ask is because my wheels have some minor scratches and I want to try and get them looking like new. think the scratch remover would work since they are clear coated??
You can certainly care for clear coated wheels similar to how you do your paint, however keep in mind that the clear coat on your wheels is typically not nearly as thick as the clear coat in your paint and can easily buffed thru. I've seen some extremely nice wheels become ruined with the wrong combination of products and little too much elbow grease.

Let us know what you decide on doing and how you make out. Sometimes its worth taking it to a wheel finishing professional and then caring for it properly from the day you get them back.

George

Old 04-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
guys should try Prima Wheelsheild. good stuff and durable.

www.detailersparadise.com

Old 05-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Thus....dont take a wheel to your wheels just a lil elbow work and the right polish the bonus being a great shine and less work gettin the brake dust off.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Talking Zaino..lol.. Hes My Uncle..

that is actually my uncle Sal.. funny stuff guys..lol.. im a girl.. thinking about leasing the G35xS, but i have an Audi A6 4.2 now, paint is black.. no swirls and looks awesome.... got my uncles sticker on my back window.. his stuff is awesome.. its used at the track by my dad on his car.. he has a 67 plymouth belvedere with a 426 hemi.. check out his website.. you can get alot of info there as well.. hope this helps.. Mel

www.zainostore.com