Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Car Duster Brush....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 01:14 PM
G-Squad DJ =)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Duster Brush....

So - my first black car is here (pictures will be posted later today in the Picture Share section) - and now i realized more than ever how much pollen sucks!

So I'm thinkin' of buying a duster brush - I had one for my coupe but I wanna get a good quality one for the sedan.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I saw this one on griotsgarage - looks pretty good
http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....1090&SKU=11236

Old 04-24-2007, 01:19 PM
I used one all the time on my black Z and still use it. Love it. Bought the Cali Duster which is basically the same thing. I use it once or twice a week along with a sprat QD spray. Works great.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Cali Duster with the wooden handle, not the plastic one.

I use it almost daily, it helps with removing minor dust. I never use it if a thick layer of dust existing, and I never use it if dirt exists on the car.

Black is a b1tch to keep spotless, but with some TLC it will turn heads no matter what.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:22 PM
G-Squad DJ =)
thanks for the quick response guys!
im gonna look into the cali-duster

Old 04-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Should add when I bought mine (off ebay) it came with a great mini-duster that is great on the interior - when I don't use the dust wipes.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I had one for my previous black car.

I'd go to work and by the end of the day, it's covered in pollen. I start dusting away and slides right off.

Then again, i did just wax my car the night before and everything was nice and slippery.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
calduster with plastic handle will do just fine. just let it sit on some
newspaper for a week. they say 2-3 days or something on the instructions,
but that's not enough to remove the excess paffrin they use.

Ive only read a few negative reviews about the griots MF duster, no
positives yet. if that helps.

only use calduster on paint that is clean under the dust. if your car
got wet from morning dew, rain, etc. dont use it. NEVER use while you
car is wet (will badly smear), and avoid use when panel is warm/hot to
the touch.

it works best in the shade on a cool dry surface on a non-humid day.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:00 PM
what exactly is the diference between the wooden handle and the black plastic handle one that I bought from autozone with the round head instead of standard brush style?

Old 04-25-2007, 04:31 PM
i believe the wooden handle one is just larger? No difference in quality at all. I have the plastic cali duster and its awesome! it looks completely dirty but still works just as well as the day i bought it. very good investment!

Old 04-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dcmidnight
Should add when I bought mine (off ebay) it came with a great mini-duster that is great on the interior - when I don't use the dust wipes.
I'm not sure I trust the dusters off Ebay! Many are knock-off items, and there's always a risk. You wouldn't want a cheap copy of the Cali Duster scratching your paint.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by dcmidnight
ehh....ebay stuff, i'm kind of iffy about it. especially on electronic knock-off stuff, usually you get what you pay for.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by DJNOOCH
So - my first black car is here (pictures will be posted later today in the Picture Share section) - and now i realized more than ever how much pollen sucks!

So I'm thinkin' of buying a duster brush - I had one for my coupe but I wanna get a good quality one for the sedan.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I saw this one on griotsgarage - looks pretty good
http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....1090&SKU=11236
Noochie, ur gonna start a war here!

My $.02, I would never use it, especially on black, ESPECIALLY ON INFINITI BLACK!!!

DUST: Dust is what you get when it stays in the garage for an extended period of time. DIRT is what gets on teh car after you drive it, even around the block once! For dust it's ok, but not worth it IMHO. The motto with teh duster is...."The dirtier it gets, the better it performs". That just ribs me the worng way. Now way would I wipe my car with a DIRTY mop! Dust or no dust, just not worth it!

I would reco ONR (Optimum no rinse and put it in a spray bottle diluted to the QD ratio. All the benefits of a mop and it's actually much safer (As safe as washing) and leaves a slick surface!

Old 04-27-2007, 10:58 AM
FWIW I used a duster on my black Z for two years and never had a problem. Of course once you throw multiple layers of Zaino on there and you dust/QD a few times a week, the dust comes right off.

One thing, sometimes people new to a duster will really bear down on it. When you use it you should barely touch the duster to the paint. Otherwise you run the risk of grinding something into the paint.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel1

My $.02, I would never use it, especially on black, ESPECIALLY ON INFINITI BLACK!!!

DUST: Dust is what you get when it stays in the garage for an extended period of time. DIRT is what gets on teh car after you drive it, even around the block once! For dust it's ok, but not worth it IMHO. The motto with teh duster is...."The dirtier it gets, the better it performs". That just ribs me the worng way. Now way would I wipe my car with a DIRTY mop! Dust or no dust, just not worth it!

I would reco ONR (Optimum no rinse and put it in a spray bottle diluted to the QD ratio. All the benefits of a mop and it's actually much safer (As safe as washing) and leaves a slick surface!
+1, I only use the duster when the car was just washed and sitting in the garage for a few days. Anytime it goes outside, I pull out the QD and MF instead.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel1

Great post. I am another one that wouldn't use a duster on my G. When my G gets dusty, I use Poorboys Spray & Wipe and an MF towel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car Duster Brush....