Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Black g35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Black g35 coupe

for those of you who owns a black g35. how do you guys wash your car and not have it scratched up. i just finished washing my car and notice a lot more scratches and swirls. i'm like how the hell did i just do that? i am mad as hell. is it normal to get scratches by just touching it? any replys would be great.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whaddup

i wash my car left to right ...... NOT in circles same as hand waxing it

Old 05-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
rule #1: never put a brush to it!
power wash! ftw
dry it off with a good chamois. (make sure you've power washed all the dirt off)
Buff any wax/polish with a polish cloth or microfiber.
But there's a ton of info in the detailing section.

My other car is black and I learned a lot of lessons too.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
for those of you who owns a black g35. how do you guys wash your car and not have it scratched up. i just finished washing my car and notice a lot more scratches and swirls. i'm like how the hell did i just do that? i am mad as hell. is it normal to get scratches by just touching it? any replys would be great.
I'd encourage you to start here with these helpful how-to's. Start with the Washing & Drying part and walk your way through. This should help give you some solid information to get you on the right path for caring for your vehicle. After reading, feel free to ask any questions you may have about the process.

Hope this helps.

George

Old 05-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey, Nice site... I just visited for the 1st time... I am an avid Klass AIO and SG user... Does FMJ really give similar results and easier to remove than SG?

I was looking at this chart:

Thanks!

Old 05-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Triji
Hey, Nice site... I just visited for the 1st time... I am an avid Klass AIO and SG user... Does FMJ really give similar results and easier to remove than SG?
Triji - thanks for the kind words. Klasse combo works excellent for durability and a very nice reflective look. I personally think you get the most out of the SG after applying at least 2 coats of it and the effort needed to remove SG is not worth it IMO. I personally use the FMJ sealant due to its extreme ease of use, slick surface and nice look to it. I reapply FMJ on my vehicles once a season and think it is more deserving of a 3 - 6 month range. On a daily driver I'd go by the lower numbers on our charts for durability. It's the garage queens that come out for 1k miles a year and never see any element of weather that can achieve the higher ranges for the sealants.

If you enjoy the AIO you could keep that as your base and layer the FMJ on top, just as you would the SG. FMJ doesn't build upon itself as well as SG does, so if you do a second coat, it is more for even coverage not so much extended durability.

I think you'd be pretty pleased with the results of FMJ coming from SG, especially on the amount of effort needed to remove the SG.

Hope this helps clarify some things for you, please let me know if you have any other questions or need any help picking anything out.

George

Old 05-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the explaination...

Will FMJ actually layer on top of AIO? or will it remove the AIO as it is applied over it? I understand that AIO will not layer upon itself and that is why you follow with SG...

Have I heard wrong that AIO will not layer? I would LOVE to apply 2-3 coats of AIO before FMJ if it is not a waste of time.

And if FMJ deletes the AIO all together why bother with the AIO at all?

I also follow up with P21S after any sealant, P21S does not last all that long but it looks great at the shows and is CAKE to apply and wipe off. I do not believe P21S takes off SG or AIO... Will it strip the FMJ off?

THANKS!

Old 05-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Triji
Thanks for the explaination...

Will FMJ actually layer on top of AIO? or will it remove the AIO as it is applied over it? I understand that AIO will not layer upon itself and that is why you follow with SG...

Have I heard wrong that AIO will not layer? I would LOVE to apply 2-3 coats of AIO before FMJ if it is not a waste of time.

And if FMJ deletes the AIO all together why bother with the AIO at all?

I also follow up with P21S after any sealant, P21S does not last all that long but it looks great at the shows and is CAKE to apply and wipe off. I do not believe P21S takes off SG or AIO... Will it strip the FMJ off?

THANKS!
Good questions.

The reason AIO cannot build upon itself is because it has chemical cleaners in it as it puts down a fresh coat of protection. This will strip any previous layers of sealant or wax you have on the paint. If you were to apply it again, you'd be doing so just for even coverage, because it would strip off the first coat of protection and lay down another fresh coat. Any cleaner wax or polish with sealant or all in one product works this way.

FMJ and SG are both pure sealants with no cleaners in them. This is why you can stack them on top of the base coat of protection the Klasse AIO leaves down. FMJ's surface is so slick, it has trouble building upon itself coat after coat which is why you see most detailers do 2 coats for even coverage and not for more durability or extra pop. SG on the other hand does not have this problem and you can build 2 - 5 layers upon itself before you reach minimum returns.

I always wait 24 hours prior to putting a wax on top of a sealant to make sure it cures properly. I agree, P21s is a great wax to go with on any color paint and it's nice that it does not stain the trim like other waxes out there. If you think the P21s is easy to use, FMJ is even easier IMO.

Let me know if this helps clarify things.

George

Old 05-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Yes it does!

Thank You! Will be ordering FMJ to give it a try soon!