Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Best leather conditioner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fallensymbols
Ok my major concern is that when I am using H2O to wipe the seats, dye is coming out. Is it leatherique, is it my technique, or does that happen all the time?
Are your seat's graphite or tan? How do you know its dye coming out?

Old 07-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Isn't it 1z? Also, do you know if it have UV protection? there is no mention in the product description. This product sounds interesting as a extra treatment between 303 treatments for UV protection. How's the smell?
Yeah.....my bad its 1Z, that was just a typo.....I don't believe it has UV protection, but I also have a protectant by them as well that does protect against ultra violet waves.

the protectant

As far as the smell, its not really a leather scent, but after its applied and the car sits in the warmer temps, you get a renewed smell similar to the factory aroma.....

Old 07-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Are your seat's graphite or tan? How do you know its dye coming out?

Seats are black. When I use the damp microfiber towel to rinse the cleanser off the seats, or when I rinse the applicator I use to apply the cleanser, the water of the bucket is black. It's not dirt black, it's dye black.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Seats are black. When I use the damp microfiber towel to rinse the cleanser off the seats, or when I rinse the applicator I use to apply the cleanser, the water of the bucket is black. It's not dirt black, it's dye black.
Are you sure? I've never had this problem and mine are graphite as well. The water does turn dark though, but I know its not dye comming off the seats because my interior detailing towels are bright yellow.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I haven't experienced this myself either of all the times and cars I've used Leatherique on. Are you sure that it's not just contamination rising to the surface or possibly a reaction between your seat, the Leatherique and the towel you are using to create a dark color on your towel? Think about when you use a metal polish on a high polished wheel, the towel turns pitch black, dye looking, even though there is nothing black on the metal you are polishing.

Do your seats look a different color afterwards? Do you have any pictures?

Here's a shot of Prestine Clean in action to compare.

Keep us posted on your situation.

George

Old 07-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I use white microfiber cloth and the towel itself does not get dark spots. It's not as white as I scrub the seats, but when I am rinsing it in my bucket the water becomes black. The first time I applied the leatherique, the water was blackened by contaminents it was easy to see. You can tell because when you look closely at the water you can see tiny particles floating (dirt). Also, leaving the water in the bucket long enough makes the contaminants settle at the bottom.

This is not the case. When I rinse my towel, the water slowly darkens and with close inspection of the water you can see there is no debris in it. It's just dark. Also, letting the water stand, I notice that there is nothing settling on the bottom. I really looks like black cool aid added in water. For now, the seats are cleaned so I won't do the process again just in case, so I can't show any pics, but I am a bit worried and annoyed, and I hope I didn't hurt my seats more than I helped them.