Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ibiz Car Wash/Wax demo at Auto show.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ibiz Car Wash/Wax demo at Auto show.

I went to the Auto Show yesterday in Philadelphia. It was a great feeling to come away from an event featuring all of the newest cars still loving my new G. While I was there I saw a demo for a detailing product called Ibiz. Has anyone used it??? Like with all demos it appeared pretty impressive both with results and ease of use. I have a black G and every little advantage for cleaning helps.

Old 02-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Ibiz Car Wash/Wax demo at Auto show.

I don't know much about this Ibiz stuff you saw at the car show, but for the most part, those products they sell such as the one you mentioned at show like that are often rigged to perform REALLY REALLY well at the show, but when you get it home, its just like every other wax, wash or polish you've used, if not worse. The hoods, and door panels they use are often coated with layers upon layers of clear coat and special paint additives that make it gleam and or assist the product they're selling to work optimumly. One trick of the trade is to use olive oil! YES olive oil. It will gleam and repeal water like NO wax in the world! But obvioulsy this would never work in real world condition, but a at show, on a little hood, fender or door panel, it works wonders!

The ONLY product that I have ever bought at a show that pretty much speaks for itself and did not need any fancy demo was FITZ the metal polish! Its the BEST metal polish you can buy period! No question, and or doubt about that. Pricey stuff, but worth it!

Another product that I just recently saw was Mr Clean's AutoDry system. A friend of mine bought it and tried it out and it actually works! It washes your car with a special soap and filter nozel that eliminates the contamination in water that creates water spots. You wash, rinse, and the car dries 90% spot free (even though they claim 100% spot free, its almost there). Once the weather clears up here in NY and it gets a little warmer, I'm gonna give this stuff a try. The website to the product is...

http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrclea...ry/index.shtml

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 02-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I have heard alot about the Klasse products...since its an acrylic it seems to hold up longer than most waxes....I also read if you use the all in one followed by the sealant glaze and then it top off with a layer of PS21 carnuba wax the results are simply spectacular!!!!! I think I will try this combination next time I wax my car....since It's Ivory pearl and white tends not to show the depth of your black or darker color I'm curious to see the results...2old4this

04 ivory pearl/willow/5at/prem/sport wheel pkg/clear corners/Piaa's

Old 02-10-2004, 07:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have (and tried) Ibiz. It is petrolium based and does "just" ok. Zaino, Klasse, Pinnacle, P21s, Blitz are all MUCH better.

BillR