Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

clear bra on black not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2004 | 04:07 AM
Re: clear bra on black not working

the new Llumar urethane paint protection film was released at the last SEMA show(Nov) and is becoming very popular with many installers due to its superior energy absorbtion and surface finish compared to the other popular urethane films(Venture, 3M, Avery) Also, it is actually more expensive than any other film so dont feel that they are using this film to cut corners, quite the opposite. It is also the best looking film on black cars since it is made with a special manufacturing process that all but eliminate the "orange peel" look, even on a perfect install, 3M will have an orange peel texture, its just part of the film. As for the bubbles, these appear often after an install and can be easily fixed, so can the mirrors, the G35 and M3 are two of the hardest cars to install mirrors correctly on, we have done over 30 G35s and still once in a while a mirror will give us a proble, but we have no problem pulling it off and cutting out a new one if need be.

But no matter what, dont get upset with your installers before you speak with them and let them fix it for you. The fact is on big installs like the G35 issues may arise after the the install that cannot be foreseen, bubbles may apear, an edge on a hard curve may peel up, its not uncommon at all, I tell everyone to inspect their install after a week, if anything will come up it will happen by then and we will come back out and fix it. I know the shop you are speaking of and I know they will take care of you

If anyone has any other question about paint protection film feel free to drop us a line!
Jeremy
Invisiguard@sbcglobal.net

Old 02-24-2004 | 11:52 AM

Ugh I just need some time to get back up in that area to have it fixed. Sucks living some 60-70 miles away. Except for the mirrors the rest appears to be holding up great...glad I made the investment.

2004 Twilight Blue Coupe
6 spd
Premium Package
Aero Package

Old 02-25-2004 | 03:46 PM

Can u advise difference of 3M scotchcal and Llumar ppf. I have a black/willow coupe and am sick of bugs and chips in S. FLA.. Which is better,? I heard warranty on Llumar is life and 5 yrs for 3M.
What do you put on headlamps to maintain clarity (same?)
Would uou just apply leading edge bumper, fender, mirrors or also to other window pillars, rear bumper

Old 02-26-2004 | 11:41 PM

I just got a clear bra installed on my car today and it looks really good. It's not even noticeable unless you go really close to the car. Starshield did a really good job.