Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

help!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help!!!!

I just moved into a new coop and I park my car underneath the parking lot above. Anyway, I noticed after all the snow we got, that water was dripping from above on the cars. I figured no big deal because my car was dirty from the snow anyway so I will wash it later. I washed it 2 days later and I still had stuff on my car that wouldn't come off!!! Something dripped on my windshield that wouldn't come off and I had to scrape it off with a razor blade and cleaner. I found other spots on my car where this stuff dripped on too!!! So I asked my super about it and he said that it's limestone that dripped on my car!!! I bought bug and tar remover and it worked a little bit, but barely. I tried compound and that didn't work, which he said works beceause he claims he did it to other cars. So what do I do now???? The only thing left is to bring it to a detail shop and have them run the buffer on it. Unless you guys have a better idea, which I hope you do. If my paint is ruined I am going to kill myself. Let me know what you guys think. I bought a car cover right away so don't tell me to use one. lol

Old 02-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: help!!!!

If it is limestone or minerals in the runoff. Try getting CLR, which is mineral and limestone remover, comes in a gray plastic bottle. You should be able to find it at Wal Mart.
Apply to an out of site area first to check that it does not damage the paint.

Andrew, We Miss and Love You! Peace!

Old 02-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Merlin,
I'd be careful using that stuff, it's supposed to be an acid of some sort, I have never had it work on anything here though, maybe he could try vinegar first, that won't do any harm unless you leave it sit in a puddle, that's what I would do! I'm not sure I buy his "super's" story though, what kind of bad design is that place?

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 02-14-2004, 02:44 PM

clay bar?

Old 02-14-2004, 03:42 PM

Hmmm...that may work as well, I have never had a water spot problem since I've known about the clay bar!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 02-14-2004, 10:55 PM

By the way, vinegar is an acid. It is acetic acid. Not sure if it will work. I had the same thing happen to my car. We had a new parking structure, and when it rained, the drippings would leave a white residue on the car. Had some Mother's california gold carnauba paste wax with cleaner lying around the garage. I used it and worked. Took a lot of rubbing to get it off. Other people had their cars detailed. That seemed to get it out too...Good luck.

ETicketRide
2003 G35 Sedan/Ivory Pearl/Willow Premium/Sport/Tint

Old 02-14-2004, 11:28 PM

Yeah, I know it is an "acid" but I have used it in the past on other cars that had been hit by a sprinkler, and it never hurt the paint. It sounds like you had the same experience as he did, guess it's like lime from the concrete, right?

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 02-15-2004, 12:01 AM

I believe so. Mine looked like a huge water spot, but it didn't come off easily. My situation was a brand new parking garage. I guess you are suppose to seal the concrete after construction, but they didn't. The company did detail a lot of cars for free!! Since I noticed mine when I left for vacation, I didn't want to wait 2 weeks to get my car detailed. So I used that mothers wax. It did take a lot of rubbing. Looks fine now.

ETicketRide
2003 G35 Sedan/Ivory Pearl/Willow Premium/Sport/Tint

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.