Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Meguiers NXT Wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 02:47 PM
DCASA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meguiers NXT Wax

I am not exactly sure that i am crazy about this wax or wax in general. I did 2 coats of the NXT a week ago. Car still looks great, it looks wet/glossy and feels smooth. Also helped the car stay cleaner.

Bottom line very happy with the results. Can anyone else recommend a wax they feel is just as good if not better? Point is i definitely see the importance of the wax and i am going to do it more often. I have tried mothers, and merguiers regular wax and was not as impressed with the results.

Is the paste / bar wax better than the liquid? I applied mine with a buffer & removed with buffer. How about anyone try that gloss stuff in the metal can, it says its a non wax, its in a old time looking metal can gold /white color?

Old 11-26-2007, 01:53 AM
Have you tried any Duragloss or zaino prouducts ??? Both of them are sealant that last long and have a incredible shine and nice slickness too.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NXT is a very nice protectant. It sounds like you are happy with the results. Why change? NXT 2.0 is coming out early next year and is supposed to last longer with better beading. Just wait until then and buy it locally.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:41 PM
I have used NXT and I was happy with it for sure...especially for the price. Someone mentioned Zaino...its definitely slick and makes your car look very clean, but doesn't provide the deep glossy wet look that a true wax can.

I just tried P21S on recommendation from George at Detailed Image and I was VERY happy with the results. I liked that it was only wax and no cleaner, so I prepped my paint, did my few layers of Zaino protectant for long term protection, and now I can do monthly wax with this product to give it that deep glossy look that a carnuaba provides. Super easy to put on, super easy to take off, all by hand.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NXT is nice but doesn't last too long. it only lasted 3-4 washes at best.

their version 2.0 is going to be released Jan 08. it is suppose to be the
NXT + durability.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Oh really. I'll try this NXT 2.0 as i was very happy with NXT 1.0 but needed it to last longer. Anyone recommend a good polish. I was thinking of sticking with Meguiars and using their Deep Crystal System Polish. What do you all think?

Old 04-04-2008, 10:59 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
NXT is good stuff I really want to try blue paste wax.

Also for dark cars the turtle wax black car polish is great.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:15 AM
ckp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DieselCasa
I am not exactly sure that i am crazy about this wax or wax in general. I did 2 coats of the NXT a week ago. Car still looks great, it looks wet/glossy and feels smooth. Also helped the car stay cleaner.

Bottom line very happy with the results. Can anyone else recommend a wax they feel is just as good if not better? Point is i definitely see the importance of the wax and i am going to do it more often. I have tried mothers, and merguiers regular wax and was not as impressed with the results.

Is the paste / bar wax better than the liquid? I applied mine with a buffer & removed with buffer. How about anyone try that gloss stuff in the metal can, it says its a non wax, its in a old time looking metal can gold /white color?

Try S100 its a caranuaba (spelling?) wax that you can get from harley davidson dealerships. SOOO easy to apply and to take off...amazing stuff!

Old 04-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I use Klasse AIO and Sealant Glaze, then follow up with several coats of P21S Wax. I have found this combination to work excellent on my Ivory Pearl. The Klasse AIO makes the finish like glass, and the Sealant Glaze adds extra protection for a shine that may last up to 6 months. I actually think the Klasse leaves the finish smoother than the P21S. The "wetting factor" of the P21S really makes the finish pop with depth. More natural look compared to the synthetic types.....Just my opinion.

I went to close my trunk after applying the Klasse combo, and my fingers literally slipped off the lip of the trunk.......I'm very impressed with its results.

Please Note....Klasse will not remove any swirls scratches....If your car has these, you would have to use something to remove them first......All the Klasse will do is fill in the surface imperfections, not remove them.

Last edited by GR8TG35; 04-04-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
I like using the NXT.
I use a 3-4 step process with Meguiars products-
Wash
Claybar
Polish
sealant
NXT

Old 04-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
after discovering Prima Hydro, i use that instead. much more durable
than original NXT, spray wax. just mist and wipe while drying the car.

i haven't tried NXT 2.0 yet.

www.detailersparadise.com

Old 04-07-2008, 11:28 PM
I used my 2.0 today....mmm smells like skittles......

Seemed to work pretty well also...we'll see how it came out tomorrow under some sunlight...

Old 04-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2.0 is a great otc wax. Great smell, fantastic slickness and great shine. Durability is decent too.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:27 AM
I used NXT a long time ago but I realized I got totally owned by Canadian Tire ($30). With that money I could've bought Z2 & Z5!.
I find it gives a nice shine, but the shine drops a notch after the first wash. I usually reapply again after 3-4 washes so I've never been able to test its durability.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:12 AM
just used nxt 2.0 last weekend on my G and my bro's bmw... smells like dish washing liquid lol... but the shine is there and the water beads when it rains in very small pieces... and its SO EASY! to come off...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Meguiers NXT Wax