Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Dash Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Dash Question

Greetings, I was wondering what you guys use to wipe, or clean the easily scratchable, plastic in front of the speedo and tach? I have had my car since late march, and its very dusty there now and i am afraid to clean it But on most cars, this plastic cover scratches easy, you know really fine swirlly ones..... anybody got any hints, and or pointers. regards....

Old 11-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
water damp microfiber cloth.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
thanks Alter... will try...

Old 11-30-2007, 03:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warm damp mf and toothbrush to clean crevice and vents. After all done. 303 AP it.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:17 AM
You've had your car for 8 months and haven't wiped down the dash yet???

Like everybody said damp MF is the best option for regular cleanings. The only other thing I always do is get one of those computer cleaning air cans to shoot into the crevices before I wipe it down.

As for cleaning products...everybody seems to differ, and I know I've had to play with a few because I absolutely hate that greasy feel. Just make sure you get something with UV protection.

Old 12-01-2007, 04:07 PM
The clear plastic which covers the gauge cluster is usually a very tricky area. So, is the plastic screen that is on the nav/control center. These clear plastics scratch REALLY easily.

I like to spray them with some Plexus and then wipe them gently with one of my best quality microfiber towels.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
You've had your car for 8 months and haven't wiped down the dash yet???

Like everybody said damp MF is the best option for regular cleanings. The only other thing I always do is get one of those computer cleaning air cans to shoot into the crevices before I wipe it down.

As for cleaning products...everybody seems to differ, and I know I've had to play with a few because I absolutely hate that greasy feel. Just make sure you get something with UV protection.

hi all,

im looking to clean my inside interior: dash, leather seats, center console, etc.

i really do not want a wet shiny greasy glossy look on my dash or do i want that on my leather seats either. what product do y'all recommend for my cleaning?

i have read 303 Aerospace Protectant but was unsure if this will give a wet shiny greasy glossy look.

your input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by tite_tite; 01-12-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:48 PM
303 protectant isn't actually a cleaner, although 303 does make a cleaning product. The protectant is literally just that...no true cleaning properties. Definitely not greasy though, leaves nice matte finish.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by tite_tite
hi all,

im looking to clean my inside interior: dash, leather seats, center console, etc.

i really do not want a wet shiny greasy glossy look on my dash or do i want that on my leather seats either. what product do y'all recommend for my cleaning?

i have read 303 Aerospace Protectant but was unsure if this will give a wet shiny greasy glossy look.

your input is greatly appreciated.
303 will give you a little bit of shine on leather and make it very slippery. 1z Cockpit Premium is great for the interior. It has minor cleaners and is an anti static product, no shine. For leather I recommend Leather Masters products. For the plastic covering the gauge cluster I suggest Plexus.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cool thanks for the input...

have any heard of "Resist All"??? i went to the dealership to see what is it that they used. found out they outsource the cleaning/detailing to a 3rd party who uses their own product. i know this because the parts dept. doesn't sell the product.

anywho, i was noisy & was asking the guy who clean the car all kind of question despite he knows a lil english(hehehe).

they were using a product called "Resist All"...anyone heard of it? or think it is good...

FYI: different dealership have different product that they use to clean/detail cars, i believe

Old 01-13-2009, 11:25 AM
I wouldnt use anything the stealership uses.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:47 AM
I work at a dealer and believe me you do not want to use anything that they use. It's the cheapest crap available. Any of the OTC stuff you can get is better than what a dealer uses.