Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

More on clearing headlights from a noob

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 07:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More on clearing headlights from a noob

I'm new to this forum. I don't even own a G35 yet (anyone want a 2001 Audi S4)???

Anyhow, to those who have never cleared headlights before, be very cautious in proceeding with this. Especially with someone you don't know. The assemblies are no doubt expensive and one wrong move can quickly become a hack job.

Some with Audis have done this (I almost did), and did fine. Others have sealant issues - you have to drill into the housing from the back, perform the cutting and extraction, and seal the new holes.

I don't know if Infiniti has different housing for their european or overseas G35s, but Audi did and for me paying $500 for entirely new housings and transferring the stock bulbs, auto level motor, etc. was a piece of cake and gave a much better result. Not only were the housings cleared, but the lens was a little different and the result was slightly brighter and cleaner light. The US DOT restrictive housings were not allowing the stock bulbs to emit light to their fullest.

So a thought is to check overseas and see if there is any differences. I know this is a different car than an Audi, just wanted to share my experience with it.

When I get into the G35, there's a lot of information I need to learn. So I look forward to reading about that on various forums.

This forum appears to have the most G35 traffic that I've found. Are there others recommended?.......

Old 02-28-2004, 11:59 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: More on clearing headlights from a noob

The JDM G35 (Skyline) has the same orange reflector, so no luck there. I cleared my headlights out almost 6 months ago. No problems with resealing the headlights. I was careful when prying the headlights apart to not throw out any of the original sealant. When I resealed, I just reheated the headlights in the oven, and then pressed them together. I also have Hella projectors in there.

198018-ek6a.jpg