Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

How often do you wash/zaino/wax your G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 03:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: How often do you wash/zaino/wax your G?

I guess I am the heretic here. I've washed my car exactly twice since I got it in early December, and it hasn't even been waxed yet. I've no excuses other than that I work 60+ hours a week, the yard has needed tending now that Spring is here, the house is in dire need of paint, the '67 Alfa Spider is begging to be driven and worked on, the family constantly demands quality time, and besides, I live in sunny California devoid of snow and road salt. I'm just glad I took everyone's advice and chose the Diamond Graphite as the dust, grime and bird droppings appear to magically blend in to the bodywork. However, all of your neurotic obsession with keeping the car cleaner than your dinner plate has me feeling very guilty, and I'm now determined to break-out the Zaino this weekend.

RainMeister
'04 G35C 6MT, diamond graphite, premium, nav, aero

Old 03-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RainMeister, did you say "grime and bird droppings appear to blend in to the bodywork?" BLEND IN? I have a Diamon Graphite, but I am so disappointed just reading your post. I've had my car for a year, and it's probably slicker now than it was before I got it. Go out and give your G a couple of layers of Zaino. Don't forget the claybar. Show it some Love.

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 03-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gaa! Bird droppings don't "blend in" with a white car. Lighter colors do hide dirt very well, but not that. It eats the paint away, too.. get it off quick. Even if you just use the windshield washer thing at the gas station to scrub the bird goop off.

I wash every couple of weeks, and wax with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax about every 6 months, and Meguiar's Quik Detailer a little more often to keep it shiny. The rear bumper was replaced after an accident and the front has the usually rock-induced paint chips that our cars enjoy, so I don't feel compelled to obsess over it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.