Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

What wax & polish do you guys use?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What wax & polish do you guys use?

I just had my fiance's 2003 G35 Coupe detailed 2 weeks ago & I can't afford to take it back everytime it needs a good polish. He put some kind of polymer sealant. I've heard alot about Zaino but is there anything else out there taht doesn't take so much time. I found some products from Autopia Car Care but not sure if they are any good. They claim to be better than Zaino. What do you guys think? http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

Old 01-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Optimum, wolfgang, klasse, Poorboys and Zaino are all great sealants. It just really depends on what you are wanting to accomplisg. For my money, I love Zaino because it lasts for months.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Some people have good reports on the utima stuff. But I haven't read about anybody talking about that it's better then zaino.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrooge
Some people have good reports on the utima stuff. But I haven't read about anybody talking about that it's better then zaino.
Honestly it's like saying one painting looks better than another, it's all opinions. I should say it like this, looks are opinions but durability can be proven. I like Zaino Z2 on my car and then I top it with P21s. Great shine combo.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Except for David B., who has a vested interest in Ultima

For polishes, I don't think many will argue that you can't go wrong with the Menzerna line of polishes.

George

Last edited by Detailed Image; 01-07-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
Except for David B., who has a vested interest in Ultima

For polishes, I don't think many will argue that you can't go wrong with the Menzerna line of polishes.
George
Unless you have to work in the sun, at which point Optimum takes the cake IMO.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by redlude97
True, OPT polishes do work well in the sun. I've used SIP / PO106FF with success in the sun, but not the case with other Menzerna polishes.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've grown accustomed to Menzerna.

I use Intensive Polish about once a year (maybe less) just to get scratches out. Mostly use it to spot polish deeper scratches or stubborn swirls.

I use Final Polish II, Finishing Touch Glaze, and FMJ every 3-6 months. Final Polish II to take out any light swirls that just develop over time. I really don't see that many swirls anymore ever since I stopped having the dealership do their supposed car wash. Finishing Touch Glaze to hide anything that I'm too lazy to take out with Intensive Polish and FMJ to seal everything in.

FMJ seems to go on and come off pretty easy. I was skeptical at first because it came off so easy, but after it cures it pretty tough. Lasts about 2-3 months. But it's so easy to put on, you can throw a coat on in less than 30 minutes with a Porter Cable.

I suppose that is the other thing. Buy a Porter Cable. it's the best thing I've ever bought for the car.

I use to top it off with P21S and it looks good, but on Twilight Blue the FMJ already "brings out" the blue.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:49 AM
Originally Posted by redlude97
I use Menzerna with my rotary in the sun and get great results.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Menzerna products and i still love to use my pinnacle souveran paste wax.Nothing beats that wax on darker colored cars for the money.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I use Menzerna with my rotary in the sun and get great results.
No dusting issues? That is usually people's biggest complaint with menzerna, especially in the sun. Alot mix in RMG to extend the work time in the sun

Old 01-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
No dusting with the rotary and Optimum line! For the record, I tried some Meguires products with the rotary and that stuff vanishes fast!

Old 01-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have to admit Menzerna Intensive Polish dusts a bit, which is the only thing I don't like. However, I have not observed dusting with Final Polish II and FMJ.

I've been wanting to try the pinnacle Souveran wax. I've heard great things about it.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:57 AM
I notice that when I was using menzerna with the pc, You get alot of dusted (With both the yellow and orange pad). Don't get any with the rotary. This is what make's me think menzerna is only good for rotary. Haven't tried it with the flex.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
I notice that when I was using menzerna with the pc, You get alot of dusted (With both the yellow and orange pad). Don't get any with the rotary. This is what make's me think menzerna is only good for rotary. Haven't tried it with the flex.
Menzerna specifically designs their polishes to be used with a rotary, which is why you see less dusting. I've used Menzerna polishes with the Flex with amazing results. For someone looking near perfection, but don't want to jump right into a rotary, the Flex XC3401VRG is definitely the answer. If anyone has any questions about the Flex please do not hesitate to ask.

George

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What wax & polish do you guys use?