Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Black Wax!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Using a colored wax to try and mask scratches in a clearcoated finish is a poor substitute for a real polishing job and correct finish application
Hey redlude. Why do you have all those cars in your signature ???

Old 04-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
It was a joke because WannabeSS listed all of his parent's cars in his sig which implies somehow that they are his

Old 04-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
AWD Sport with Tech
Using a colored wax to try and mask scratches in a clearcoated finish is a poor substitute for a real polishing job and correct finish application
Agreed but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to protect the car and have it look the best it can til you have the money to repaint. I'm in the same boat with my front end and have been trying to find that "black" wax. Its going to cost me upwards of 1100 to have my front end redone correctly so ANY suggestings in the mean time are helpful and desired.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
1 word ZAINO! I love Zaino products once i got my car detailed by Bella Machina ( Todd & Brian ). Great great stuff, check out thier website, all types of goodies.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:39 PM
AWD Sport with Tech
Originally Posted by Da-G-SpoT
1 word ZAINO! I love Zaino products once i got my car detailed by Bella Machina ( Todd & Brian ). Great great stuff, check out thier website, all types of goodies.
do you think they would have something to help with a front that looks like it has been sand blasted? lol

Old 04-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah, they might have something that could make it decent. Maybe a "light" sand blasted look? LOL
They have a good polish for paint scratch removal on the serious side, check it out.
Otherwise, a good high quality SHARPIE will do the trick! Try to buy it new, its a bit more inky

Old 04-23-2008, 02:44 PM
AWD Sport with Tech
Originally Posted by Da-G-SpoT
Yeah, they might have something that could make it decent. Maybe a "light" sand blasted look? LOL
They have a good polish for paint scratch removal on the serious side, check it out.
Otherwise, a good high quality SHARPIE will do the trick! Try to buy it new, its a bit more inky
i would NEVER put a SHARPIE to my baby!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:46 PM
can the black wax cover rock chips?

Old 04-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Tom, good choice! I bought some of the black turtle polish...the stuff is great! It also comes with a little "lip stick" looking thing where you can fill in rock chips and what not...stuff works great!

-Sean

Old 04-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
I'm interested.
Let us know how long it lasts.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by darnelled
I'm interested.
Let us know how long it lasts.
The "polish" which i am sure he is refering too...lasted me about 2 1/2 months before rain stopped beading.

-Sean

Old 04-24-2008, 07:43 AM
AWD Sport with Tech
Originally Posted by Nismo G
Tom, good choice! I bought some of the black turtle polish...the stuff is great! It also comes with a little "lip stick" looking thing where you can fill in rock chips and what not...stuff works great!

-Sean
I purched mine yesterday with the "touch up stick" so one of us can post pics the next couple days. (its raining in St Louis right now)

Old 04-24-2008, 10:45 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Originally Posted by Nismo G

-Sean
Yea, this works great for black cars, and it really hides the speckled look the rear rock chip guards get when you use a white wax on them.

And redlude, as far as using a colored polish to hide imperfections from not using the proper methods, you are 100% correct. But most people don't know how to detail there car the right way, so this is a great solution to the problem. My car looks 10X better when I use this over a normal wax. Also when you use this and you get it in the cracks and around the edges it wont stand out like regular wax.

Anyone who has a black car should give this a try!

Old 04-26-2008, 12:36 AM
http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,5

just to make sure i get the right one, is it the one behind the red bottle

Old 04-26-2008, 07:18 AM
The colour coat is protected by a clear coat, which does two things; it contains UV protection and is clear to enable the colour of the paint underneath to be seen and to add gloss.

So if you mute the colour of the clear coat won't you alter the reflective /gloss adding properties of the clear coat?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black Wax!