Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

detail process question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
detail process question

I just got some M seal sealant from chemical guys and a clay bar....my question is..after i clay bar and wash the car, do i need to put some polish on before i out the sealant on? The item description mentions adding polish before sealant in fine print and i missed that before ordering...
will it still turn out ok if i only clay bar and sealant it?

thanks

Old 03-06-2008, 01:34 AM
The idea of polishing before waxing or sealing, is that a polish (chemical or abrasive) leaves you with a fresh clean surface.

When you clay, that is a form of cleaning the paint so you should be alright. If you have some rubbing alcohol, mix it with water 1:1 and give the paint a wipe down after you clay, but before "Mseal". That will guarantee you a cleaned prepped surface. Don't worry, alcohol is perfectly safe on paint.

Hope your detail goes well, and make sure to post pics.

Feel free to post this question on Autopia.orf for more feedback.

Joy

Old 03-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Joyriide1113
The idea of polishing before waxing or sealing, is that a polish (chemical or abrasive) leaves you with a fresh clean surface.

When you clay, that is a form of cleaning the paint so you should be alright. If you have some rubbing alcohol, mix it with water 1:1 and give the paint a wipe down after you clay, but before "Mseal". That will guarantee you a cleaned prepped surface. Don't worry, alcohol is perfectly safe on paint.

Joy
The reason you polish is to remove imperfection in you paint such as scratches, oxidization, and swirls. Claying removes the containments on your paint so your wax/sealant has a clean bonding surface and so you have a smooth paint surface to work on. Either it will be wax or polishing the paint.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Joyriide1113

Joy
Autopia.orf????