Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help, kid spilled gatorade now it stinks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, kid spilled gatorade now it stinks

OH man I need help.

Apparently one of my kids spilled an entire gatorade in my passenger seat. Now a couple of days later my car smells so bad. How do I clean it up now that I've finally been "told" about it. Anyone know of something that will clean up that sugar and rid my car from that smell?

Old 05-16-2008, 11:58 AM
I have been stocking up on Chemical Guys stuff, FMINUS from autopia and Greg from here highly recommended their lineup to me.

Fabric Cleaner:
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php...ic-Clean-P195/

Odor Killer:
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php...or-Eater-P190/

An air freshener or scrubbing will probably only mask or temporarily help, I would recommend a concentrated cleaner like above.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:31 PM
I have leather seats though. Is there anything that will clean those? The problem is that I think the gatorade got soaked up by the cushion in the seats.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dump a bottle of Febreeze on your seat so it goes through the holes and gets that gatorade.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by ninous26
Dump a bottle of Febreeze on your seat so it goes through the holes and gets that gatorade.

Are you serious? LOL

Try and remove the rear seats. If you're saying he dropped it in on the rear bench and the gatorade soaked through, the only way to really HIT it is to remove them and extra the bottom portion fo the seat.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:15 PM
it's the front passenger seat. I have heated seats too. I thought about pulling it out and cleaning the foam but it seems like it would be a huge hassle with the heated seats part.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Is it orange? I love orange gatorade...mmm...

You might to try a woolite mixture, but you're right, if its in the cushion then you either need to pull it out or just wait until it goes away. Just make sure that you have plenty of conditioner on hand to put on the leather after whatever you try. Otherwise it will dry it all out and make more long term problems for you.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by macr6
I have leather seats though. Is there anything that will clean those? The problem is that I think the gatorade got soaked up by the cushion in the seats.
Give Greg a call at detailedimage.com and ask him if the CG's odor remover is safe on leather. I live in the desert and have always avoided leather seats so I am not sure and don't want to guess, but the product is sweet and lives a nice apple scent behind.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:49 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blueboxer
Give Greg a call at detailedimage.com and ask him if the CG's odor remover is safe on leather. I live in the desert and have always avoided leather seats so I am not sure and don't want to guess, but the product is sweet and lives a nice apple scent behind.
Greg and George are sponsors here. You could just try sending them a PM, or hopefully they'll just see this thread and respond.