Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

the protector? cg?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2004 | 10:42 PM
|
the protector? cg?

when i got my car, i paid a little bit extra for this thing where they spray your car with what they call 'The Environmental Paint Protection System.' that's said to provide WARRANTIED PROTECTION against weather induced loss of gloss, fading, chalking, etc, etc, etc. Basically they provide 5 years of protection against all this environment stuff and if it fails, i get a free paint job. my previous car got tree-sap on it and it had to get buffed out. so i ended up getting this.

now its about 3 weeks since i've had my car, haven't washed it once yet, and i looked at it in the sun. no crazy number of swirls, but just a few light lines that you can only see at certain angles. now with this 'Protector' on my paint, i was told i don't have to wax the car. i read up on the posts about crystal guard and i see the shine it can give off on a black car. looks pretty sexy. but i'm curious if anyone else has this 'Protector' thing and still maintains their car with some sort of care product like CG.
i would like my car to be as well kept as can be, and definitely try to slow down the number of swirls that will build up over the years. i plan on hand-washing the car sometime soon with Mr. Clean Auto-Dry, but then i'm not sure if i should apply anything afterwards since i have 'The Protector.' any suggestions?

i think they oculd've come up with a better name than 'Protector'

[ 2004 G35 coupe ] - | 6MT | Black/Graphite | Premium |