Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Should I complain?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Should I complain?

So I got my car back after my crash and it was repainted as usual. So I debadge my car and what do I find? They had not removed the emblems when they painted. I did do the proper debadging process too, as not to damage the paint. If you feel the trunk where the badges used to be you can feel the different layers of paint. It is a perfect outline so I know I didn’t remove any paint from debadging. The wasn’t any glue on the badges when I removed them, only on the car so I know it I didn’t remove paint by using fishing line. Also you can see the different color (very slight) my buddies all think I should get that looked at by the shop, and now I ask you guys if you think I am in the wrong or them. It does show up in pictures but can't up load them because I lost my card reader lol.

here is the link I used for removing the badges

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/debadgeing-a-wrx-sti_22344.htm
Oh also when I did receive the car back the Infiniti symbol did have dirt from before the accident in its crevices. I just figured they didn’t wipe it off when the debadged. (They didn't)

Old 04-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I dont know were or who fixed your car, so im not saying they did any thing wrong yet. Who paid the bill? Did you pay cash? Or insurance take care of it? Im asking because some shops will look and see who is paying the bill befor they make a desion on how "good of a job" you are getting.

1)The shop will know your paying cash, so they dont want to scare you away. So they keep the price down to keep you there. Then they have to "cute corners" to make money. Not taking off and replacing emblems, masking things up and not removing them,ect,ect.

2)The shop does not like or know your insurance company so they charge for things that they dont do. Like charging $25 to take off the Infiniti and then buy a new one $30 and put it on. The shop just made $55 on that one thing right there. If they cut five corners like that, its $250 they can keep in there pocket.

What you need to do is read the estimate they gave you. If they never wrote to take it off and replace it and the insurance said ok, or you signed saying its ok then its not good. But if they charged you or the insurance for somthing and did not do it its insurance fraud.

If you can post/scan your estimate on here I would love to read it and help you out. But no its not good or ok that they did that. Long term your paint will peal from that location.

Last edited by PPGFREAK; 04-06-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by PPGFREAK
Ok I dont know were or who fixed your car, so im not saying they did any thing wrong yet. Who paid the bill? Did you pay cash? Or insurance take care of it? Im asking because some shops will look and see who is paying the bill befor they make a desion on how "good of a job" you are getting.

That's sad to know that some shops will base their quality of a job on where the money is coming from.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:03 PM
^yes it is. Just added because I posted to soon

Old 04-07-2009, 12:30 PM
the Insurance company paid for it. They apparently work with USAA often and they get along great. and the paint will peal where? Like the shop has done some weird things. when I got the car back the steering wheel was out of alignment, but the tires were in alignment. Then they didn't tighten the battery nuts. they didn't check my brakes after the accident. My brakes ended up going out on me. they have a 30 day satisfactory guarantee. there are dents from where they fixed it according to my mom lol oh and they didnt put one of the pannels on right.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:29 PM
^what?! Wow! were are you? I will pm you so you can give me a call so I can help you get all this fixed. I have a frien very high up in USAA he will make a call and this will bve fixed

Old 04-07-2009, 03:41 PM
no ****. Its Mid America in St. Charles Missouri

Old 04-07-2009, 07:27 PM
My shop is there DRP for around here and they would not like getting p!ssed off customers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.