Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

what do you all use to make the interior smell really good?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by TheTick
Another lover of zaino leather here. Smells so good I started conditioning my hair with it.
LOL

Old 06-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
squash is just too much. After I bought 4 I was done with it. Anyone ever heard of Tree Frog squash? It was like $2 a can at Korea town and lasted as long as the $8 squash refill

Old 06-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by FlSHRFun
Yankee Candle Midsummer's Night hidden away in my in cabin air filter so it blows through the AC vents.

Had my squash in the filter before... too much. Did not want. lol
I just bought my G about a month ago and when the A/C kicks on I get this funk from the vents. I was going to change the filters to see if that helped, but putting this in with the filter should kill that, correct?

The car smells great until that fan kicks on.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by r3plicant
I just bought my G about a month ago and when the A/C kicks on I get this funk from the vents. I was going to change the filters to see if that helped, but putting this in with the filter should kill that, correct?

The car smells great until that fan kicks on.
It will go away in time. But one thing that you should always do is turn off the A/C before you turn off the car and let just the fans blow, ideally for at least 15-20 seconds. This will help prevent condensation which is probably the original source of your funk.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^ Thanks for the tip! I just changed my in cabin filter today & it was gross!

Old 06-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You eliminate dour-causing organisms with very specialized chemicals. Look for stains, if there are no stains, use the process of elimination; it is very effective when searching for the source of an odour; floor or seats, mats or carpet? If the vehicle has velour upholstery, a spill can penetrate on contact. If it is vinyl or leather, it will run to the deepest seam. The most important aspect of removing (as opposed to using a product that will cover it, only for the dour to return later on) or at the very least mitigating an offensive door is that you must find and remove its origin

Use a product that chemically alters the proteins that odour-causing microbes feed on (Auto Internationals Odour Terminator- Valuguard) most odours will be eliminated; this is non-toxic, non-allergenic, fast acting, without a cover up scent or an offensive perfume smell. Removal of smoke, pet odours, virtually any organically caused mal-odour in carpet, seats, headliners, upholstery and heating and air conditioning ducts. As with all smell and odour removal check the cabin air filter, change as necessary

An extract from one of a series of in-depth detailing articles © TOGWT ™ Ltd Copyright 2002-2008, all rights reserved

Old 06-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by r3plicant
I just bought my G about a month ago and when the A/C kicks on I get this funk from the vents. I was going to change the filters to see if that helped, but putting this in with the filter should kill that, correct? The car smells great until that fan kicks on.
For odour from the air conditioning unit
1z Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioning Cleaner- is an effective means for removing odour-causing bacteria, fungi and other germs. Spray into the interior A/C vents and allow product to work for 30 minutes. It creates a healthier and fresh smelling environment for the interior of your car, change cabin air filter

Tip- turn off the AC but leave the fan running for the last minute or two before turning off the ignition to help dry the condenser and surrounding area. To maintain results treat the system at least twice a year.

Also check the cabin air filter, and change as necessary

For stubborn odours - the evaporator core surface is where water condensation accumulates and where the odour usually originates. Spray the evaporator core thoroughly with Lysol® no-rinse sanitizer. Remove fan motor and thoroughly clean the fan blades and the fan housing. Replace the cabin micro air filter with an activated charcoal version. Ensure that the evaporator drain is not blocked.

A/C Evaporator Core Treatment – does not just deodorize, but really cleans the evaporator of dust, bacteria, fungus, and unpleasant odour, no special flushing required after cleaning treatment. Prevents odour recurrence for a prolonged period and improves the cooling effect of the A/C system -http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/vac858187.html

An extract from one of a series of in-depth detailing articles © TOGWT ™ Ltd Copyright 2002-2008, all rights reserved

Old 06-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Can someone please tell me what is "squash" and where I can get it? I've never heard of it nor have I seen it at my local Pep Boys

Old 10-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
alright, I've done the whole squash thing but I'm looking to try somethign different. Anybody ever heard of carmate? I came across these and just wondering if ti's worth a try. Anyone out there have any experience with these?
http://www.more-japan.com/carmate-air-freshener/

Old 10-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Those little cans that you can put in the backseat cup holder work great and last for months if you can find a scent you like. They too are made in Japan and normally sold at the car wash or autoparts stores....PepBoys.
Gary

Old 10-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

+ Squash

Old 10-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
my girl bought me this lil round thing that clips onto the air vent .
in fresh linen .from bath and body works .
.and daaamn does it smell great ..

Old 10-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by FlyingMustache
alright, I've done the whole squash thing but I'm looking to try somethign different. Anybody ever heard of carmate? I came across these and just wondering if ti's worth a try. Anyone out there have any experience with these?
http://www.more-japan.com/carmate-air-freshener/
so nobody has tried any of their stuff? I think i might order their Ion Feel, looks interseting.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
I ordered the new Bukake Air Freshner

Old 10-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I ordered the new Bukake Air Freshner
how did you test it out before buying?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what do you all use to make the interior smell really good?