Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Products for body paint and Volk rims to keep them shine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 03:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Products for body paint and Volk rims to keep them shine

Hey guys. I did a quick research in the last few days. I found some products from Mothers which I think that they are good for body paint and Volk rims (anodized lips).

For wheels: soap + water (basic step), Mothers FX engineered wheel cleaner (used to clean brake dust), and finally, Poorboy's wheel sealant.
To protect the lips from getting haze, I do not want to use too many products on them, so I think soap and water is good for washing and a coat of Poorboy's wheel sealant is good enough to protect them.

For body paint: Mothers California gold car wash (used for washing)
Waxing step: Mothers California gold pre-wax cleaner (first step), Mothers California gold Sealer & Glaze (second step, used to remove swirl, scratches...), Mothers California gold pure carnauba car wax (Final step).

Total cost for all of them will run about $70 which I think it is a fair price.

I do not have these products for now, the list above is a summary of what I found on this forum and I think that they are good to protect body paint and rims. I will buy them ASAP. So let me know what do you think about the products and the price.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:35 AM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
You don't even really need the wheel cleaner...the wheel cleaner I have in my garage is really for other peoples cars. (Who haven't washed them in ages) You can just clean them good w/ carwash soap and water like you said, then seal them. For the paint, you should clay the car after washing and drying, before sealing. Meguiars clay kit is a good price, comes w/ microfiber, and works pretty good. Also the sealer/glaze is probably more of a sealant w/ fillers, meaning that it is not really for swirl/defect removal. If you have a lot of defects and swirls in your paint you will probably want a cutting polish (applied with orbital buffer or it will take FOREVER) , followed by a sealant, then a carnuaba. Detailed Image (the sponsor here) has a ton of good products and can give you great recommendations on what to get based on your needs.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:00 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
sounds just like the meguiars 3 step i use. did it today actually. step 1 is cleaner wax, 2 is a polish, 3 is nxt2.0 wax. then i finished it off with a coat of Zaino Z6... smooth as butter.
-GP-

Old 05-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Wash- Meg's Gold Class is a decent cheap car soap.

Clay- Clay Magic Blue- Available at Autozone for like $10

Now for filling scratches and waxing- I recommend Bilt-Hamber Auto Balm. It will blow away any OTC wax in any category, except it doesn't bead, it sheets more.

Here's some pics of it before and after: http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...team-8653.html

PM me if you have any questions.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Step 2 is pretty much useless...1 and 3 will suffice... if you have scratchs i recommend using the scratch product.

If you get the mothers clay kit, it comes with a small bottle of carnauba cleaner which took my hazed bumper about two shades back to black... I am not sure if they make it in a large bottle but its definitely worth it, I have used so many different products over the years as a marine detailer and this is the best result I have seen so far.

For black cars turtle wax has a color magic which is really good. They just released a new "black box" kit for black cars. I have yet to find it, so if anyone has it where did you get it????

Old 05-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Scratches on my car are not major. They are just swirls, they are not noticeable. But anyways, I want to remove them to give a better look on my car. I choose Mothers California gold sealer & glaze because I think this product is good enough to fill up the swirls. I'm also looking for low price . I guess I have to do more research. Thanks you guys for the inputs.