Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Black trim problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Black trim problem

Hello guys I am about to buy a Meguiars G110 and M105/M205 and some other stuff. But taking a look at my car for different things to fix I found this. well I knew about it but now since I am going to polish my car I want to fix it.

This looks a crap load worse in camera then in person. Seems who ever polished/waxed it before did a craptastic job.

I have been reading and people say Forever Black Bumper And Trim Kit works the best for stuff like this. What do you guys think or recommend to fix this other then replacing it.

Thanks

Old 06-05-2009, 01:27 AM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
your car's an 05 and the trim already looks like that?

I'd strip it down completely and repaint it with trim black... that'd be cheaper than buying new ones

Old 06-05-2009, 01:42 AM
Mr.202?

Originally Posted by sammy_G
your car's an 05 and the trim already looks like that?

I'd strip it down completely and repaint it with trim black... that'd be cheaper than buying new ones
it looks like polishing/wax stains. But I have no idea what the previous owner did lol.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:11 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Like all detailing task’s the correct preparation before applying the product will ensure that it works correctly, and has both durability and aesthetics. Iz einszett 'Plastik-Reiniger' is an intensive, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner for vinyl trim and urethane covered automotive upholstery, that removes grime build-up thoroughly and effortlessly, these chemicals restore your interiors original texture and resiliency; use to clean all coloured and clear water-based acrylic polyurethane covered automotive upholstery; this product is biodegradable, formalin-free and environmentally friendly.

Wash vinyl surfaces with soapy water and rinse with clean water and then thoroughly dry. Then use 1Z Plastik Reiniger to prepare weather stripping, rubber, and plastics before the application of a suitable dressing.

Black Wow - designed for any colour exterior plastic, this gel will restore your trims natural colour without use of dyes or colorants and provides a rich, long lasting look. Thoroughly clean the plastic with a cleaner like rubbing alcohol, Dupont PrepSol, IPA or other chemical solvent for oxidation and / or wax/polish removal, with a medium-soft brush before allying a protective dressing.

Directions - apply a pea sized amount to the foam applicator pad and massage it into your trim. You will see an instant improvement in darkness and evenness in tone. Continue to spread this out.

Always work with pea sized amounts. The final look should be matte, not glossy and wet. There is no need to let BW dry or cure. Once applied, remove the excess with a towel or proceed to wash the car and using a wash mitt or sponge to wipe down the trim. Dry with a separate towel from the one you use to dry the paint

Black Wow video - http://www.showcardetailing.com/bw/

Maintenance- Remove wax from vinyl trim with Wax Blaster ; removes embedded wax residues in textured bumpers, matt-finish vinyl panels, trim mouldings and weather-stripping - PAC

An extract from one of a series of in-depth detailing articles © TOGWT ™ Ltd Copyright 2002-2008, all rights reserved.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Mr.202?

Originally Posted by TOGWT
Like all detailing task’s the correct preparation before applying the product will ensure that it works correctly, and has both durability and aesthetics. Iz einszett 'Plastik-Reiniger' is an intensive, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner for vinyl trim and urethane covered automotive upholstery, that removes grime build-up thoroughly and effortlessly, these chemicals restore your interiors original texture and resiliency; use to clean all coloured and clear water-based acrylic polyurethane covered automotive upholstery; this product is biodegradable, formalin-free and environmentally friendly.

Wash vinyl surfaces with soapy water and rinse with clean water and then thoroughly dry. Then use 1Z Plastik Reiniger to prepare weather stripping, rubber, and plastics before the application of a suitable dressing.

Black Wow - designed for any colour exterior plastic, this gel will restore your trims natural colour without use of dyes or colorants and provides a rich, long lasting look. Thoroughly clean the plastic with a cleaner like rubbing alcohol, Dupont PrepSol, IPA or other chemical solvent for oxidation and / or wax/polish removal, with a medium-soft brush before allying a protective dressing.

Directions - apply a pea sized amount to the foam applicator pad and massage it into your trim. You will see an instant improvement in darkness and evenness in tone. Continue to spread this out.

Always work with pea sized amounts. The final look should be matte, not glossy and wet. There is no need to let BW dry or cure. Once applied, remove the excess with a towel or proceed to wash the car and using a wash mitt or sponge to wipe down the trim. Dry with a separate towel from the one you use to dry the paint

Black Wow video - http://www.showcardetailing.com/bw/

Maintenance- Remove wax from vinyl trim with Wax Blaster ; removes embedded wax residues in textured bumpers, matt-finish vinyl panels, trim mouldings and weather-stripping - PAC

An extract from one of a series of in-depth detailing articles © TOGWT ™ Ltd Copyright 2002-2008, all rights reserved.
Blackwow is not a good product for me because its silicon based. Its 90% + humidity here and its raining everyday. I was going to buy blackwow till I talked to a detailer down here and he told me about the problem.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:16 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Vinyl is only semi- porous, since it cannot readily absorb a dressing or protection; the products remain vulnerable to the elements. Water- based polymer products however, form a molecular bond and provide a longer lasting matte finish, similar to the OEM. Solvent-based dressings have more shine, they will permeate the surface due to its solvent content, but can be removed with detergents and pressure washers. Vinyl and rubber restoration products contain dyes that can stain the paint surface, so they should be removed before they are allowed to dry.

Trim-A-Shield - a water-based acrylic polymer formula that forms a molecular bond to vinyl and textured plastic, when dry, it forms a tough, resilient coating that remains flexible. When it cross-links (polymerizes) it forms a very dense, smooth surface that is air tight and water proof. It also resists common environmental hazards such as UV damage, dirt, grease and oil, the space between the surface and the coating is eliminated. Trim-A-Shield kit - GR-40 Trim Cleaner and black Trim Dye - TOTL