Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Seats before and after

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great turn around, the seats look like night and day!

Old 08-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Good job they came out really good. They look great.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
Great job.
I could never own a car from someone that took such little care with their possessions.
I thought about that when I got the car, he did not seem to love the car. But it only has 40k miles on it and I got it for 13.5. So I hope mechanically it will be fine, I can always clean the rest of it.

I can't imagine paying 40k for a car and not taking care of it.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Wow, great job! Looks brand new again!

My seats aren't as bad as yours but this just makes me want to do the same to mine!

Old 08-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I feel like I'm looking at some before and after shots in an informercial or something. Those seats look so good. They freaking changed colors!

Old 08-22-2009, 06:48 PM
looks great, i just got mine done from a shop... and they still dont look that good... lol

Old 08-22-2009, 10:01 PM
The funnest part is I did not even realize how bad they where before until I looked at the before pictures a few days later. I knew they where dirty, but damn that back seat was so bad, pretty gross.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Nice job!! I will def look into using Zanios on my wife's passat wagon, this is the one that we use to haul our dogs around lol!.

Thanks for the before and after shots, really helps see the effectiveness of the product.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:32 PM
wow 16, that looks great....and gives me some comfort. I too just got a G35 that seemed to be neglected, but not as bad as yours. I imagine the gray shows staining more than another color... but my wife has been bothering me to clean the stuff. So, thanks for showing the pictures and this post, I will do the zaino as well. My first project was getting the yellow car bra off first....next will be to zaino the outside and do the leather...

BTW, if you have good tips for those mats, they look similar to mine, so I would like to hear from you what worked...I am going to throw them in the washer, but if that doesn't work...who knows?

Anyway, good work...and remember summer is almost behind us!! (God I hate AZ summers)

Old 08-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by mattyjman
BTW, if you have good tips for those mats, they look similar to mine, so I would like to hear from you what worked...I am going to throw them in the washer, but if that doesn't work...who knows?
I tried to wash them, then put carpet cleaner on them and let them soak in the tub all night and scrubbed them, they look better but they still don't look great.
I just decided to buy new ones from the dealer, they only cost $105. I think it is always good to have an extra set anyway. I will use the old ones when I know I am going to get them dirty, going to the beach, river, trips up north.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by _16volt
I tried to wash them, then put carpet cleaner on them and let them soak in the tub all night and scrubbed them, they look better but they still don't look great.
I just decided to buy new ones from the dealer, they only cost $105. I think it is always good to have an extra set anyway. I will use the old ones when I know I am going to get them dirty, going to the beach, river, trips up north.
Get some all season mats for around $120. They will be perfect for beach trips

Old 08-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Nice! I’m going to have to reference this thread later.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Wow, you really don't realize how dirty your seats actually are until you use the Z9. I bought my coupe back in February and it has the wheat interior, which anyone who has the wheat knows it is a god awful task keeping the seats perfectly clean. Not to mention I am VP of a construction company so I spend a lot of time on dirty job sites.

I have been using a leather cleaner I bought at an auto parts store, and even though it does a fine job of removing surface dirt, I have noticed that the seats have been acquiring a oily stained look that the cleaner wouldn't remove. Like you, I used almost the whole bottle of Z9 and a LOT of elbow grease, and now my seats look brand new again.

I only made one mistake, however...I cheaped out and used some conditioner I had sitting on the shelf from the auto parts store and it replaced the nice new leather smell with a strong alcohol/turpentine smell. So for anyone who uses the Z9, which I highly recommend, go ahead and spring for the Z10 conditioner...your nose will love your for it.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Very nice work!

You make me want to go clean my seats, then i remembered my seats are perfect Lol.

I think the key to leather, is maintaining it. If you condition them once a week, they will maintain that nice new look.
Not even once a week. Using the right products you can clean once every month or two.

It helps if you're always clean too. I hate letting other people in my car, I never know where they have been.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:46 PM
looks great came out good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seats before and after