Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Need Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help!

Hey guys,
I am trying to figure out what this is that I keep getting on my car......
Long story short:
In a previous post, I put up pics of what happened to my G after it had gotten detailed at zeibart with a diamond gloss finish. The car looked perfect (btw, I have an 05x sedan black). Dumbass me, I was in a super hurry one day and took it thru an touchless auotmatic car wash. (Something I don't normally do) After the fact, I noticed all these lil white specs on my black car. It looked horrible. Luckily I knew the owner of Ziebart and he hooked me up again with is diamond gloss finish and the car looked great again. So weeks go by and I hand wash my car myself. 2 bucket wash system with grit guards, mccgauires crystal car wash soap, microfiber towels the whole nine. After I wash it I notice these stupid white specs again on my car!!!WTF??? At this point I am baffled. The first time I blamed it on te auto car wash. Now? I have no idea. No one is painting around in my area. I have car at work sometimes, no one is painting around there. So what is this? I searched the forums and one other guy I found had a similar prob and one of the replies were its clear coat showing thru. Is that what this is??? Here is the link to that discussion. I just want to find the the true cause of this. I dont want to turn around and have this happen everytime I wash my car. Any help from you guys is much appreciated. This whole thing has been a nightmare!

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...bad-paint.html

Also, heres a pic of those specs (this is from the first time, the second time is not even remotely as bad but still)

Last edited by gbreeze; 08-20-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You'll need to post pics to help identify the issue.

Maybe it's that "diamond gloss finish"

Old 08-20-2009, 03:49 PM
find someone with an orbital buffer and get them to put a good coat of aggressive polish on it.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
You'll need to post pics to help identify the issue.

Maybe it's that "diamond gloss finish"
Pics should be up now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.